“Makes a big splash!”
Review of Salish Lodge & Spa

Salish Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Well the waterfall certainly does next door for sure. Truly remarkable location.
We were made very welcome when we arrived and have no complaints at all about the place with the staff being particularly well trained. The room was fine but a somewhat weird and feeble shower arrangement over a big whirlpool bath - do people still use those as they look so old fashioned these days?
There are two restaurants - the upstairs one is more relaxed and best for families and has a bar and the lower one is the posh one. We ate in the latter and the food, whilst good, was rather fussily prepared and, like the bath, somewhat old fashioned.
Go for a walk down the new path by the waterfall and look back up at the falls and the hotel - and take your camera.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience, and are proud of our team for their efforts to ensure your stay is exceptional! Our two person jetted Jacuzzi tubs are a signature characteristic of the guestrooms, but can certainly understand a preference for a walk-in shower. We do have several suites with differing shower amenities, if interested on your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Salish Lodge and Spa is a relaxing oasis in the middle of a busy life. At a recent stay, I found the room to be very comfortable with what may be the most comfortable bed I've slept on in recent memory. I wish I could take it home with me. The views from my room were beautiful, with a nice view of the falls and a wonderful little window bench to help enjoy the view. The fireplaces in each room are a nice touch that I found to be very cozy -- although do open the flue (another guest during our stay apparently did not read the very detailed instructions for use of the fireplace and had some smoke filling the hallways!)

The Spa was quite relaxing, although I was very disappointed that the Eucalyptus Steam Room was not working during the 2 nights of our stay. I had been looking forward to the steam room. My massage treatment was good, although not spectacular, especially for the price. Still, all in all,I would recommend the Salish Lodge and Spa for a relaxing trip away from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor (the floor you check in on) seemed best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We will take a look at the areas in which we could have been better, and work to remediate these on your next visit!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked this place for breakfast with my large extended family. We used to come here 40 years ago and I remembered it with nostalgic charm. Well, it lived up to my memories! It was fabulous, again, and I think we made new memories with the younger generation. Everyone, ages 7 - 77 loved it! There is great food for everyone, big portions for the male teenagers, and smaller portions for the older females! The setting is wonderful - they had a private room so that all of us could sit at a table and enjoy ourselves thoroughly without bothering anyone else! The view is amazing and we all happily wandered around afterwards!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing! We are so pleased you enjoyed our Country Breakfast!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived at the Salish Lodge mid afternoon from Sea-Tac airport. Our luggage had been lost while en route, but we weren't going to let this dampen the first day of our vacation to the great state of Washington. We were immediately impressed by the views of the falls, and the warmth and charm of the Lodge including wood burning fireplaces in the main lobby area. Dinner was upstairs at the pub and our server couldn't have been better. The staff were all personable and eager to make our stay as memorable as possible. An airport courier arrived at 11:00 pm with our luggage and the front desk clerk quietly knocked on our door with our bags. All's well that end's well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased you had such a wonderful time exploring Salish Lodge! From the cozy wood burning fireplaces to the spectacular waterfall views...we are proud that Salish is your chosen romantic retreat!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night in the fall, and while our room didn't have a view of the river, it was still a well-put-together room, very clean, very comfortable. We had a two-person hot tub in the bathroom, which was a nice touch, and a wood fireplace, which I enjoyed. My wife appreciated their "pillow menu" which allowed us to choose different types of pillows, because we all know hotel pillows are never what we're used to at home.

We also both signed up for spa treatment - the tranquility massages. It was a 50-minute massage, the staff was pleasant, and the experience was a pretty good one. Personally, I felt like I would have preferred a deeper massage, but I should have just chosen a different treatment. There are robes and slippers in the rooms which you can wear to the spa, which was a convenient touch.

We had breakfast at the restaurant, and that was probably our favorite part of the stay. The restaurant had such a nice view of the water, and even though it was a little foggy, it still made for a scenic backdrop to a delicious breakfast. I ordered the old country breakfast, which is more than enough food for even two people. It's basically a sampling of most things on their menu, and I think I enjoyed every course of the meal. Especially tasty was their honey, which went well on basically everything. Even the bacon. :) My wife ordered the smoked salmon skillet dish, which basically had everything she liked (smoked salmon, goat cheese, poached eggs, watercress salad), so it was a perfect dish for her. Our waitress was super helpful, very friendly, and made the breakfast that much more enjoyable.

The reason why I gave it a four out of five rating was because of the check-in and check-out process. When we checked in, I felt like the people at the front were not very welcoming. It seemed like they were there because they had to be, with the "I'm just doing my job, trying to get by the day" attitude. I think the people at valet parking were more welcoming. I'm used to being greeted at the check-in desk with a smile, a warm welcome, and more personable interaction, even at simpler, cheaper hotels. I got none of that here, and while I wouldn't describe it as cold, I think impersonal would be a fair assessment. The guy who checked us out was nicer, but it still felt like a hurried and impersonal process. When you're presenting as an upscale resort, it's the attention to details that matter, and I felt like this was a detail that the ball got dropped on. Hard. However, my wife and I still enjoyed our stay, and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in our service interactions, and exceeding expectations in your service experience. We will work diligently to improve in this regard.

We are pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, and thank you for sharing it with others so that they can explore these areas as well!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed one night here after a long flight from NYC, looking for somewhere nice, scenic and quiet. This met all 3 criteria. Hotel is not new, but they've done a great job keeping it up to date, with lots of power outlets, nicely decorated hallways and common areas, etc. The room was very clean, updated and modern, quiet. Could see the river if not the actual falls, but great falls views are only a 90 second walk away. Restaurants were mixed. Service slow and disorganized one night in The Attic though good food, but great service and food the next morning in the main dining room. Wasn't there long enough to see much else of the area, but this was a great, professionally run, luxurious hotel, would be happy to go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with Salish Lodge & Spa! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have never written a negative review on trip advisor but feel I need to as we were so looking forward to our visit but along with 'Washington Ole" felt the Salish lodge and Spa were overrated.
The Falls are an amazing gift of nature and are a must see. The Salish lodge is blessed to be the only accomdation on this lovely site-we had hoped our stay would be serene and refreshing after a hiking trip in North Cascades.
When we checked in our room was not ready-took an hour and a half before we could get in.
When we did get in the room was lovely but smelled of fire/smoke-likely from the fireplace. We opened the windows and it wasn't too bad. We made the mistake of lighting the "Salish log" that evening and we were not able to vent the smoke-the fire alarm went off and we probably woke others up. Luckily we did not have to evacuate as others had on previous nights.A young couple who I met while walking the falls told me about having to evacuate as their was a possible fire.
The next day we had gone to the movies and received a call from the manager that we had to move our rooms due to some flooding-when we returned and asked about our room change, the young man working the desk had no clue what we were talking about-wasn't it in their computer? We had to play our message from our iphone, We were told we would be moved to an upgrades room, it was not an upgrade.
I agree about the spa, one of the pools was lukewarm with no jets, the steam room was not working despite alerting staff and asking their assistance to get it to work.
One bright note-Jordan who was one of the parking valets-very friendly and of course the gorgeous falls.
Save your money and stay elsewhere.
To the Lodge staff you should be converting your fireplaces to gas to eliminate the risk of fire and evacuations.
Just had to be honest about this place that could be so much improved!

Room Tip: If you decide to go, get a room that overlooks the falls. Do NOT light the firelogs!!!
1  Thank CatCalifornia
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate knowing any opportunities, as we then have the ability to correct such challenges.

The room move situation is one which is not common, and unfortunately a one time event which occurred during your stay. We have since corrected the situation. While you did receive a room type upgrade at the time, I understand that such room types are open to ones own perception of what characterizes a better room.

In regards to the fireplaces, please note on future stays that we still offer natural firewood bundles to our guests. We found that the recycled product is less committing to our guests, and bridges the ease of use from a gas fireplace but retains the ambiance of a wood burning fireplace, so characteristic of a feature unique to Salish Lodge.

Once more, I apologize for the shortfalls which occurred, and we do hope you return in the near future for a stay that is memorable for all the right reasons.

Best Regards,
Salish Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Inn at the Market
#1 of 104 in Seattle

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!