“Birthday & Anniversary”
Review of Salish Lodge & Spa

Salish Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of celebrating our wedding anniversary at the Salish Lodge. It was WONDERFUL from the moment we arrived till the time we left (wanted to stay). The staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was very comfortable and the Dining Room and Attic had wonderful food. I would highly recommend the Salish Lodge and hope to spend our Annivesary there every year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Salish Lodge!! The staff was fantastic,from check in to check out everyone we came into contact with was there to help!! The rooms were comfortable and nice but nothing over the top. We stayed in a riverview king room so we had a view of the river and construction work.The reason why this property didn't rate 5 star for us is because we felt that we should have got more for the price. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway and aren't concerned with cost then this is the place!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melnjake
Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the very moment we arrived, from the Valet parking our car (and holding an umbrella over my head as I got out of the car) to the people waiting to open the hotel doors for us, this was an amazing experience. Check in is at 4:00 pm but we arrived around 2:50 pm and they didn't even blink an eye to checking us into our room early (they also checked us out late, around 1:30 pm, to accommodate our spa reservations) . We purchased a deal on living social and they gladly took my voucher and explained that all we had to do was charge everything to our room so they could assure we received all of our discounts.

Our room was perfect, clean, cozy and had a great view of the top of the falls. There was, of course, a view of the ongoing construction as well, but they made no secret about that upon reservation and in the emails they sent us, so that was no surprise. There was a great little coffee area, mini fridge, safe and a closet with bathrobes. The fireplace was an amazing touch and had enough logs to keep it burning all night. The bed was a little soft for our taste, but comfy none the less. The bathtub/shower was to die for.

The restaurant was a little pricey, but delicious. The spa was very relaxing, we had a couples fireside hot stone massage and that was great. Every staff member we came into contact with was beyond nice and accommodating. We could not have been more please with the experience and service we received at the Salish Lodge. If it weren't for us moving to the mid-west in a month, we would definitely be back!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Roughly 60 of us attended an corp offsite at the Salish Lodge and it was a great setting. Normally you're stuffed away in windowless conf rooms during these types of things and it was the exact opposite at Salish. How great to look out at the falls while we brain-stormed away. Maybe we just had a great room? ;-)

Rooms are large & comfortable. Obviously set up for couples (large soaking tub & in-room fireplace) however these same amenities are helpful when you're working away for a few days.

Restaurants a little over-priced for what it is, but not more than most hotels. Food doesn't wow you and yet that might be that they were trying to serve 60 of us a the same time which is always difficult.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We hosted our Holiday Party at the Salish this year and could not have been more pleased. The entire event was flawless! The staff was knowledgeable and accommodating, handling all of my requests without hesitation... including a last minute guest increase. The food? Amazing. Everything was delicious and the presentation perfect. The event staff was professional while still being friendly and fun. (We even popped into the Attic for drinks and dessert and the food and service is just as wonderful there.) The hotel itself is ideal; the rooms are beautiful, the view amazing and the entire property really well maintained. I would definitely recommend the Salish for any event and look forward to returning myself... hopefully with time for a visit to the Spa!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed 01/12 for my birthday. Electricity was off for an extended period of time at night and I was thankful I had a fire going to be able to see in the DARK room. I could see a light through the bottom of my door; maybe generated electricity? Huge pieces of construction equipment ruined river view.

Brought friend from Napa 11/22-24/12 to celebrate Thanksgiving and to show her "we" had nice places to stay on this side of the world. Huge pieces of construction equipment STILL ruining view of the river (at about $300/night). Horrible creosote smell in the room that came home with me on my clothing. No wood, but Duraflame logs instead. Toilet paper holder about ready to fly off the wall, toilet paper kept rolling away. Never did get the hand-held shower fixture to work, all other fixtures "dicey)". Asked staff for a rubber mat for slippery tub for we two joint replacement
clients. Apparently not one in stock. For Thanksgiving diner, we were given a tag like a coat-check for our leftovers, which was most of a small turkey. After dropping my friend off at Seatac and proceeding home to Port Townsend, I discovered someone else's prime rib, about 1/2 pound, that I had to throw away and a small amount of turkey rather than the large amount I expected from MY leftovers. Please have the poor servers cut enough turkey off the carcass for the meal and return somewhere else to try to rid the carcass of the meat. It was so uncomfortable trying to eat while the poor server tried to wrestle with that poor dead bird. Also, make sure your pepper grinders are in working order before service. Our server had to suffer through ours breaking completely apart on top of my guest with pepper corns rolling everywhere. I'm laughing now, but at the time, it was an uncomfortable situation. This place is trying to be a 5 star restaurant and hotel, but it's really only about a 2.5**. I'm giving it 1* due to price and the pitiful views, smell of the room, food mix-up, general repairs needed and being there twice in one year and being disappointed both times. Won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Camillz
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

First of all, thank you for your feedback. I wanted to touch basis with you regarding the issues you experienced while staying with us. We do sincerely apologize for all of the areas where we fell short during your stay. We take pride in the service we provide and it truly saddens us when we find that we didn’t meet your expectations.
I’ve taken your feedback and have shared it with all of our team.

We are very sorry for the issues experienced while celebrating Thanksgiving with us. This feedback is not typical and falls short of our expectations. We would love to speak further with you regarding the specifics of such shortfalls. Please give me a call directly at (425) 831-6565 to discuss at your convenience.
Additionally, we have moved to a recycled wood product in the rooms which is in line with our direction as a green facilitiy. We always have the option of natural wood available to our guests as well. Moving forward please know that you are able to request this, and we would be happy to accommodate these sort of requests.
The construction across the river is coming to a close in May of 2013. While we make an effort to communicate the construction in our reservation process, confirmation letters, and at check-in we empathize and understand the disturbance it may cause our guests in the visual sense. While it is an important project for energy production in the region, we eagerly await the project coming to a close and the restoration of the unparrelled views for our guests.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. It is our hope that you return in the very near future.
Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please do not hesitate to call.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Rachael Mates helped me marry my best friend on Saturday December 1st, 2012 at the Salish Lodge & Spa. From the moment we met her she just felt like ‘family’, both Joe and I feel so blessed to have met her. Whenever I needed her whether by phone or email she was there in a heartbeat. Every last detail was absolutely perfect, the food was amazing, the valets were welcoming and Rachael was there every step of the way for us! From the staff at the Salish, and with Rachael’s professionalism and hard work, she helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams!

If you are looking for an experience that people will remember and talk about for a lifetime please partner with Rachael! Joe and I feel so grateful and lucky to know her! With much love and thanks! Rosa and Joe. xoxo

Room Tip: The rooms are warm and cozy! Good snuggle time with your sweetie!