“PURE BLISS!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Seattle, Washington
“PURE BLISS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I purchased the Costco deal (includes 1 night stay, 2 spa treatments of your choice and breakfast in the morning). We have only been once so far but are dying to go back! I have read some negative reviews which makes me sad, perhaps we planned our visit just perfectly.

Step 1: Plan your stay in advance so you are prepared for complete relaxation. Book your visit during the week (if at all possible with work) where you have for example Tuesday and Wednesday off like we did.
Step 2: Upon arrival, valet was ready and waiting to park our car for us hassle free! Considering you have tuesday off, arrive around 3PM and attend the awesome happy hour in the gorgeous Attic restaurant. Have a glass or two of wine by the fire, enjoy the beautiful view and discuss your plans for your fabulous evening!
Step 3: I'm not sure when check-in time is but following happy hour we took a look around the Lodge, checked in to our beautiful room, changed and went straight to our Spa services. (The time of your services needs to be booked in advance, I believe we looked at the menu of services and booked ours before we went to happy hour.
Step 4: Enjoy you spa services to fullest! Best part about going on a Tuesday, we had the soaking pool room all to ourselves! There is one warm pool and one much warmer pool. We brought to-go cups with a glass of wine we had brought poured into each and enjoyed a blissful hour relaxing in the pools.
Step 5: After we endulged in complete relaxtion, we went back to our room and ordered Room service dinner and a movie! So much fun! They give you a long burning log for your personal fireplace and you will not regret spending some alone time enjoying the delicious food in your bathrobes.
Step 6: After dinner we soaked in the jetted, multi-color lighted tub. We played some quiet music, continued to sip our wine and just enjoyed each others company.
Step 7: Breakfast was actually one of my most favorite parts of our stay. We were escorted to our own private little cubby with THE perfect view of the falls. Our breakfast & server were absolutely exquisite!
I cannot say a single negative thing about our stay. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the Lodge is just stunning! Tip your staff well, they work very hard to keep the accommodations and service tip top! I think this may be a yearly gift to my boyfriend and I honestly have dreams of getting married here! I simply cannot wait to return to the beautiful Salish Lodge!

Room Tip: Since we bought the Costco deal we didn't choose a room but we didn't hear a single peep out...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had our small, 19-guest wedding here in September 2012. Loved it! Superb service, from sales to front desk to valet to servers (and we should know -- we're planning another event in a different state and have encountered terrible service at other venues), delicious food, beautiful setting.
Ceremony and reception were both in the Atrium, a high-ceilinged, airy room. It overlooks the parking lot, but the bushes in front of the windows mitigated that, and by evening, it really didn't matter. My husband and I both had the salmon and were amazed at how well prepared it was -- he said it was among the top 5 salmon dishes he's ever had! The Lodge upgraded our room as a courtesy and it was really lovely -- big hot tub, fireplace with a kit to start a fire, small balcony, nice view of the valley. Note that you can't really see the Falls from any of the rooms and there is a big hydropower project going on across the river from the Lodge, so don't expect picture perfect views from the hotel -- you need to step out and walk along the view path to get that, and even then, the hydropower project is going to be mid-construction for a while. Nevertheless, our experience was fantastic. Rachael, the sales and event manager, dealt with the 15-hour time difference (we currently live abroad) and our stream of requests and changes with warmth and utmost professionalism. We had brunch in the restaurant the day after and that was also fantastic. All this comes at a cost, of course, but there are some places where you pay top dollar and you don't get your money's worth. Not the case here. We definitely want to come back!

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms will likely overlook the parking lot, but even the pricier rooms do not have a vie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were finally able to use a gift certificate we had received years ago, and were extremely pleased with our experience. We checked in on a Monday afternoon, and although the Attic was closed for renovation and the main entrance was closed for repairs, these minor inconveniences did not detract from our overall experience. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, and our room, spa, dinner, and breakfast reservations were ready for us with no problems. The rooms are fantastic, especially with the whirlpool tubs, and the noise of the falls does not reach them. Although the menu prices are a little high, the food is outstanding, and the portions are huge, especially their signature Country Breakfast!! It was a perfect getaway from work and the perfect setting for a romantic weekend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We checked in on a Wednesday afternoon. I had made our reservations on line and chose a package with massages. We arrived to find out the place was doing construction on a lot of the walkways were closed, the door to the lobby was under construction and closed one of the restaurants is closed. Then to to it off, we planned our massages early so we could relax in the Attic Bar afterwards and not have to leave the property. The Attic was closed for renovations. We were never told this, it was not mentioned on line or when we called to finalize the reservation, in fact the people in the span were not informed either that it was closed. We were VERY DSSAPOINTED to say the least! We wound up going into town for happy hour! When we mentioned this to a supervisor at the front desk all she said was "sorry." My advice is to ask before you come to see if things are open before you check in. Oh one of the hot ton pools was not working either. Pretty spendy and very misleading as to what you causally will encounter. Nice place but service sucks!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marmar1104
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize for the disruption you experienced as we work to enhance the Lodge, especially in our Attic Lounge as our new restaurant opens in a few short weeks. We make efforts to communicate this to our guests in our web site, as well as in our check-in process. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We would like the opportunity to discuss your feedback in further detail. You may contact the lodge directly at your convenience.
Thank you and again,our sincere apologies.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in a river side room this August and also had dinner in the restaurant. This experience was so good and we are so pleased that I almost don't want other people to know about this place. But Salish deserves to be seen and enjoyed by others.
First let me say the "noise" from the falls sung me to the deepest sleep I have had in months while our in room fireplace crackled on the dry fragrant wood provided. We slept with the door open to enjoy the sound. With the door closed it was completely quiet in our room.The staff was kind and accommodating and our room was spotless!
The food in the restaurant were delicate hand created gourmet delights like roast duck and Halibut and a mushroom risotto (to die for) And super elegant private river view table. 10+ in my book! Places like this made me happy to be alive.

Room Tip: If you go here know that it is expensive for most budget minded middle classers. Check the room and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AUSDNVR
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived on Friday afternoon - checked in and then had a snack at The Attic Lounge ( upstairs ) We had: Calamari ( steak version - awesome - best ever ) and Kettle Chips and two glasses of wine for $39.10 - not a bad price.

We had a fire in the fireplace Friday night ( dont worry about running out of firewood - they will replace what you use the next day )

Breakfast the next morning I had: Railroad Breakfast- Hashbrowns - 1 piece of bacon, ham, sausage and biscuit ( make sure to put some honey on your biscuit....yum )
Wife had waffles - they are famous for their waffles and we each had some hot chocolate with whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top....yum again. Breakfast was a little spendy - I believe about $60.00 but well worth it.

We stayed in room 208 which as a good view. See pics.
If you want an even better view you will pay top $$ dollar for that view.
I would suggest staying on the 2nd floor and above for good views.

The falls are awesome ( see pics )
This was our second trip to the lodge and it was just as great as the first.
We stayed two nights and visited Seattle during the day.

We went to the Casino very close to the Lodge and you should have a good time there, as long as you win.

Again you will spend some money staying here, but if its for a anniversary or birthday or romantic getaway I think it will be worth the price. Employees are awesome and very friendly.

We had a heated stone massage for two in the fireplace room, 80 minutes, very romantic and very expensive.

Both times we visited the lodge in September, but Valentines day would be great as well....maybe next time for us. =)

If you should have any questions please ask.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor and above. When making a reservation please ask for the best possible...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I live in Seattle and had always heard how great Salish is. I got the rare opportunity for a discount on a room there through either Livingsocial or Groupon. The place is amazing. The room was huge. It has a fireplace that the staff will set up and light for you. The bed was big and incredibly comfortable. The bathroom had a huge tub with more than enough room for two to fit comfortably. The tub looked out into the bedroom in a really cool, unique way that is difficult to describe, but it was fun.

The food at the restaurant was excellent, and the service was amazing. I hit it off with one of the waitresses so much that she and I have remained in touch as friends. The breakfast service, especially of coffee and the presentation thereof, is second to none. (if you don't stay at the lodge, at the very least one should go have breakfast there).

We both got massages and they were very good. I wouldn't say that they are the best I've ever had in my life, but they were still really good.

The room itself is pricey, even with a discount, and so is the restaurant, but on a rare occasion splurge, it is definitely worth it. It is a special place for a special stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,959 reviews
Hotel 1000
#10 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,935 reviews

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!