“Spa Review”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Spa Review”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been given and used gift certificates for the Salish Spa several times. The spa facilites are housed in a beautiful locale with free valet parking. The prices include use of their indoor spa pool, sauna and showers before your treatments which is a very nice extra. The spa treatments themselves have been very good each time, but I feel the spa personnel lack something in ushering you through the transition areas. I just never come away feeling that I am "valued" as a customer. No one really has a conversation with you or seems extra friendly. I have patronized Seattle Spas that simply make you feel like a queen for the day with complimentary wine, cushy robe and lots of attention. The spa treatments are a bit overpriced and not many special deals are offered. Overall I like Salish, but feel it needs a more personal touch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bmonson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Hotel is in a great location and for the most part, the vast majority of the staff were great. Like people said, the valet staff work hard and the various hotel staff always smile and were very helpful. However, our experience at the Dining Room was quite unpleasant.
If you are an ethnic minority then I would simply recommend that you make sure your server is not Sandy. First the good news...most of the staff seemed quite cheerful and helpful from the hostess to the other servers. However, it was clear that Sandy our server is what I believe to be a likely "closet racist". Did we have bad service? Absolutely. 10 mins for her first to come to the table...another 10 min for my drink to arrive...not checking in once on our table...and only coming back to our table to ask if we were done and then taking our dishes without asking if wanted our leftovers boxed. Problem is that it was clear this was not the service her other tables were receiving and sadly they were all tables with Caucasian patrons. The blatant part is that she came by our table throughout brunch to check on the couple besides us but chose never to ask or check in on us. I actually did address her directly at the end of the meal asking if somehow she was offended or displeased at us. Her response: "I have no problem with you people"...and did not seem one bit surprised I was puzzled by her behavior.

Please know that I have never been one to accuse others of racism or discrimination. I was always raised to be thankful of the opportunities we have in this country and to only work hard. As a minority in this country, I am a proud veteran of the Army and greatly value my service to this country. To be honest, I have never experienced anything like this and thought I needed to share it with everyone. I did speak with the manager Justin directly about this. Although polite, he sadly kept repeating what a pleasant person that Sandy usually is...he did want to offer something for a future visit but we politely declined and informed him that we would not likely come back.

It is a nice place with free valet (with brunch) and easy and direct access to the spectacular Falls. Thankfully the visit to the Falls helped to alleviate some of what happened above. But at the end, I have to give one star and recommend that all minorities make sure their server is not Sandy.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank bumed168
Portland, Orygun
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I can't say anything different from these other reviews. The entire lodge is amazing. Let's cut to the chase...the food is fresh and made from local or organic ingredients; the rooms are plush, the beds super comfy, the wood burning fire place and two person jacuzzi tub is romantic; the spa is wonderfully relaxful and makes the entire hotel smell like lavender and orange blossoms; the view is simple AMAZING out of a movie; and what sets this place apart from other lodges is the wonderful, awesome, friendly, helpful, and cheerful staff.

Check out the Attic restaurant and sit at the bar. Chase is an amazing bar tender and no matter day or night, get the bloody mary from him. It is the best bloody mary I have ever had and Chase is the best, most friendly and sincere bar tender I have come across in many years. A great guy!

The Salish Lodge was so wonderful and relaxing, we were only there a day (and night) but felt like we had been on vacation for a week and although not happy to go home, felt relaxed and refreshed all the same. It is worth every penny...

Room Tip: ANY room is amazing. The waterfall side probably has a better view, but either side is fantastic an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tahaus
San Jose
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had never been to Snoqualmie Falls before so my friends, who are such a sweet couple, took me from Seattle to the falls park and we went to the Salish for breakfast. Because it was only for breakfast, I didn’t get to see the accommodation but the feel of the front garden and the dining area was nice enough for me to like this place. Sitting inside the dining room, I could see the mighty fall running down from a large window (the little flowers outside are pretty too). So you think oat is mediocre? Well, not here. We had oat bread served with their homemade honey poured from two yards above your plate. They had the best honey on oats! Other things were also nice, but the oats was definitely a highlight. It was an amazing breakfast experience for my Washington trip. Just be aware that reserving a table doesn't save you from waiting in line. It is super crowded, especially on weekends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank katies689
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you love nature and peace & quiet, this is the place for you! Throw in some spa treatments and you can really feel pampered here. This is the perfect hide-a-way get-a-way, a great place for a timeout from the hustle and bustle of ordinary life. Situated on top of the beautiful Snoqualmie Falls, the view ain't half bad (minus the current construction). The country store is a fun shopping adventure, the Attic is a great place for a glass of local wine while watching the sunset, and the Library is a nice quiet place to read the morning newspaper with your cup of coffee. The Spa is spectacular! You can easily spend the better part of your day there, which is good because there isn't really anywhere else to go. But with amenities like this, who needs anything else?!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Salish Lodge one night when we attended a friends wedding there (only option). The rooms were nicely appointed and spacious. Unfortunately we had have some kind of leak in our room that got on some of our belongings. We really didn't notice this until it was pretty late, so we didn't bother saying anything until we checked out since it wasn't super severe. The one thing I have to say is that the prices are really high. I have stayed at nicer places and paid less. There is/was construction going on so there so there was some hammering and other noises which will be continuing for a while from what they said. Overall it was a nice place, but I'm not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed overnight. The hotel, views, and rooms are beautiful. They have a library where Monopoly, Sorry and Clue board games await. They also serve complimentary tea in the library. Downsides are valet parking only and expensive dining room. We had dinner at the dining room and the meals and ambience were wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snoqualmie
Inn at the Market
#1 of 101 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#3 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!