“Service was Lacking” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Surrey
“Service was Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Pro's - My husband and I went here. He liked the selection of beers and I was thrilled that they had Gluten free pizza, which was really good. That was all they really had for gluten free other than the salads.
Con's - The place was dirty and the waitress we had was not very personable. She appeared to just go through the motions and didn't really care to actually have anything to do with you. She walked around like she owned the place and that she hated her job. The 1st cup of coffee I got was luke warm and I asked if I could have something hot ( was -8) that day and she said fine, I will get someone from downstairs to get it. I likely won't be back. But at least my husband got his beer!

• Visited November 2013

“FUN and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Wow has this place changed.
We meet with old friends. The beer is good to great.
Something special about eating, talking, and having a couple of beers when the beer is made where you are eating.

Our sandwich and pizza was good. Not the best we have eaten but good. We just enjoyed our selves and hung out. Our service was fine.

This is just a fun local place to go for a beer and a meal.
Plenty of free parking.

Visited December 2013
Staunton, Virginia
“Holy renovation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been to the brewery since 09 so the renovation was a surprise to me. Looked like they nearly quadrupled in size.

Food has been hit or miss throughout the years but I've always had a good time while visiting. Beer has always been good and they offer samplers which is always a plus.

chicken tenders are a great deal with 6 for $6.

• Visited August 2013
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Hope you've got all afternoon”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch today. Were seated promptly but should've known we were in for a very long lunch when it took 13 minutes to be greeted by our waiter and have our order taken. We ordered a sandwich, a salad, a rootbeer, and a beer. The drinks arrived in a reasonable amount of time and were good. It then took nearly 55 minutes for our food to arrive. During this time our waiter stopped by the table once to let us know our food should be there "shortly". We were never offered refills or asked if we wanted another beer. Clearly this was not an isolated incident as we overheard other patrons complaining about their wait and asking for a discount off their bill. When our food finally arrived the sandwich was good and the salad was average. Overall lunch took about 90 minutes (which would have been even longer if we weren't proactive about paying the bill). Unless you have nothing else to do all afternoon, I'd go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Great beer and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

A great find for lunch after visiting the Falls. I had the hefeweizen and my wife had the honey ale, and along with the food, we were quite satisfied with everything. Good prices and free wifi too.

Do yourself a favor and do a little walk through town afterwards. Nice place

• Visited July 2013