“Reconsider!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Snohomish B&B and Inns
Washington
“Reconsider!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

There isn't much of a selection of hotels in Snohomish, but I still wanted to stay in a small city/town rather in the nearby large city because of crime rates. Also, this city is known for its antique malls, so I envisioned that most of the customers would be antiquers. Not so.

Overall, my stay had to be described as unsatisfactory with a mix of good and bad things, but the poor items far outweighed the good. Here are the details:

On the outside, the small two level hotel doesn't look bad. The office is in a little side building and when I walked up the steps, a woman opened the door and said "What do you want". Wow. I had never been greeted that way before at a service type business. The rest of check-in went fine, but there was definitely an attitude.

At first glance, the room looked okay. It was quite large and superficially clean. As I checked around more, I became shocked at the lack of true cleanliness though. I always check mattresses and upon lifting up the top mattress, I saw that the bottom mattress of both beds were very dirty. A little vacuuming would go a long ways here folks. But worse, the nightstand had been cleaned on the top, but the sides were disgusting! If I described what was along the sides of the nightstand, you'd probably barf. I nearly did when I saw it.

There were also ominous signs in the room such as a notice in the bathroom to call the manager if the toilet overflowed and another sign that said it may take 4 minutes to get hot water. Luckily neither of these bad things happened.

I was staying there because I needed to work nearby the next day, however, things worsened that night to make that work day difficult because I did not get a good night's sleep. Around 1:30 AM, people were running around outside the room yelling at each other. This continued until about 4:00 am. So much for staying in a small quiet town!

Also, you'd be better off staying in the upper floor due to noise. We did, and at least didn't hear noise above us. Just heard it all around.

The price was high for what we got. They really need to do some deep cleaning and manage their guests for behavior. They also need to fix their hot water and toilet problems. There is no excuse for any of these issues in a hotel, especially one that charges nearly $100/night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of real cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank pedalawayWA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Diego Ca.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2007

Snohomish Inn is an ok place to stay, but, it needs to update it's heating system, it is either too hot or too cold in the winter. But the reason we left early was the management. The second night of or stay the toilet over flowed around 11:30 pm. I went to the office for help, it was closed, so I rang the night bell. The owner came to the door, I explained what happened and was made to feel that it was my fault. The manager was verbally abusive, and acted like he was doing me a favor when he came to the room to resolve our problem. We moved out the next morning and stayed elsewhere.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank desertratSD

Travelers are raving about these Snohomish hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Snohomish
Best Western Sky Valley Inn
#7 of 21 in Everett
La Quinta Inn Everett
La Quinta Inn Everett
#3 of 21 in Everett

Been to Snohomish Inn? Share your experiences!