Tripadvisor

“Bakery!”

First & Union Kitchen
Ranked #30 of 114 Restaurants in Snohomish
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in to buy some baked goods for a friend and got a few cookies that were left as they were out of most other things by early afternoon.

Date of visit: November 2019
8  Thank misopiso88
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Ordered eggs Benedict, one of my favorite dishes. Eggs were poached overcooked, hollandaise sauce was either canned or a mix and the ham was nearly lost. There was a large serving of fried cold potatoes absolutely smothered in dried rosemary. Inedible. A small fruit cup accompanied breakfast with unripe honeydew melon. I don't understand why restaurants serve bad food. The waitress never came by to ask me how everything was. She's probably aware the food is bad. You can't just throw anything at the customer and hope they will be happy. Cost of bad Benedict, $14.50.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 23, 2019

I have had good meals here in the past, but a recent lunch was a disappointment. My chicken salad sandwich had bland salad, cheddar cheese (a definite misfit), and burned toast. The side of coleslaw was watery and tasteless. My husband's Reuben sandwich had charred pastrami that was overly thick and chewy, in his opinion. The adjacent bakery was as good as usual, however I will be reluctant to visit the Kitchen again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed September 20, 2019 via mobile

My family and I came into town for a few days and stumbled upon this place. We decided to eat breakfast here and it ended up being a great decision. The breakfast was very good and the portion sizes were good also. We enjoyed it so much that we ended up going back a second time before we left town. I would definitely go back again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

We visited on a late Sunday morning and as such Brunch was well underway. We were greeted quickly and warmly and seated at at window table on the street side near the open patio door. We very much enjoyed the fresh air that entered the restaurant in this area.

The service took a bit of a hit during our visit as our server was way overwhelmed by the amount of tables that she had to cover. In fact at the end of the meal we had to get up and track her down to get our check.

Our breakfast meals were large and plentiful. I ordered the "Lumberjack" (three eggs made to order, one biscuit & gravy, bacon, sausage & ham, fresh bakery toast and grilled home fries) and my wife selected the "Three Eggs" (three eggs made to order, served with fresh bakery toast and grilled home fries add bacon). All ingredients well cooked well and tasty. I especially enjoyed the way that the home fries were prepared. I could tell that there was no chance at all they were prepackaged which is quite often common.

We left satisfied and full and not overly stinging from the bill. If in the area again we would stop in for a second visit.

See you on the trail and please try to remember to treat with dignity and respect all whom with you come in contact.

John F