“Very good”
Review of Number 1 New York Pizza - CLOSED

Number 1 New York Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: We are the New Owners of Number 1 New York Pizza. Tony and Relita has retired and we wanted Tony's legacy of food to continue. The food is the same and the environment is great. Come in and have a meal. We are opened longer and earlier. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The calzones are really good and really HUGE! You get your moneys worth. The atmosphere is a little house that was converted into a restaurant. The calzone comes with cheese, ricotta and that is it. Then you add toppings you would like. The base cheese calzone is about 11.00. The toppings you add are 1.50 each. But trust me. I couldn't even eat a whole half of one. I took most of it home. I had the meatballs and mushrooms. The sauce came on the side. The only thing I wish was that the sauce was warm. Next time I will ask for it to be warmed. The owner said that some clients ask for it to be warm and some don't like it warmed. It was no big deal to me. The quality of the dough was incredible. It reminded me of my grandma's homemade dough. Honestly...do yourself a big favor and check it out. You will see that it is great quality. When talking to the owner she said she and her husband bought it from a Sicilian man who had been in the restaurant business for 50 years. 25 years in Washington and sold all his recipes to them. Believe me it shows. :)

1  Thank TchrCarma

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I grew up in New York. If I stood on the roof of my house, I could see the Empire State building on a clear day. And I was raised on pizza. Really good, messy, cheesy Brooklyn pizza, that leaves a stain that soaks-through the bottom of the pizza box. The kind of pizza that is sooooo good, it does not need a half-dozen toppings. It can stand on its own.

Now, whenever I visit my old home, I have to have pizza, White Castle burgers, and an Egg Cream.
Happily, "Number 1" has two out of three!

While their pizza is not an exact duplicate of those I grew up with, it comes closer than any west-coast pizza that I've tasted. When I want a pizza that reminds me of NY, this is the place to go.

And yes, they also make egg creams. What more could a kid from NY ask for???

3  Thank Nightbeacons
Reviewed February 9, 2013

With few exceptions in the area, the Snohomish area is not a haven of great food. After driving by for years, and with the required cash on hand (no plastic accepted), we finally tried this small, New York-style pizza. We ordered the large pizza with sausage, peppersoni and garlic-marinated mushrooms. The pizza was thin crust (of course) and very flavorful. None of the flavors of the three toppings nor sauce overwhelmed the pizza, but blended together nicely with plenty of fresh and chewy cheese. The crust was slightly chewy, but thin and pliable. My husband and 7 year old daughter also enjoyed the experience. The pizzeria itself is very small with only two tables, so getting it to get is probably the best idea. Next time I will have to try the homemade cannoli. For only $3.75 that might just be the best dessert in the area! We will go back.

4  Thank Kristen M
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I are from CT & MA so good pizza is a childhood memory...until we stopped here. Need to go more often but it is quite a distance from our home. Alot of TO's, VERY small dining area and MANY chatch-kee's to entertain the kids!!!

2  Thank SeattleSkyGoddess
Reviewed September 4, 2005

I had recently heard about a NY style pizza joint along Hwy 9 in the Clearview area and I have found it. It is hard to find because it is set back from the highway on the East side of highway 9 just North of 180th St SE in Clearview next to a woodworking place that makes outdoor furniture and sheds.

I lived on Long Island, N.Y. until I was 18 and let me tell you this is the real deal. Complete with attitude and all this is the way pizza is done in NY. There are other items on the menu such as calzones, meatball heros, and lite dinners (bet you have not heard the term HERO since coming out West!).

Not to beat up on the NW since I love it here but the East coast knows food and this place has it right hands down.

Stop in and get a bite of the Big Apple:)

1  Thank Tony B