“Must Visit.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is my second breakfast trip here - and I do mean trip as it is off the beaten path. But it will not be my last. This place is over-the-top in quality of food and service. The omlettes are huge and very flavorful - be prepared to pig out or take some home for tomorrow. And the Swedish pancakes are packed with fresh, in-season berries. It is always busy, so be prepared to wait - but it will be worth it. Take home a cinnamon roll for later.

There are newer reviews for Maltby Cafe

Reviewed November 25, 2012

2nd time visiting this cafe. We were running late - it was after 11am, so the wait for a table was only about 15 minutes. The service was quick & friendly - suggestions for breakfast were right on. We left satisfied and will be back. I still want to try the Cinnamon Roll! The Scramble I had was yummy and the homemade biscuits with Raspberry jam was sooo good! My coffee cup never emptied. Love this place!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We took the opportunity to visit this jewel of a cafe and, being my first visit there and a third for my husband, I asked the server what she could recommend from the menu and she chose a few items but had shared that the eggs Benedict was the most highly praised. I took her advice and ordered this delicious delicacy and was not disappointed in the least. The bottom layer was homemade biscuit with a cover of canadian bacon followed by the requisite poached eggs but ... the true highlight ... the hollandaise sauce. Oh, my god. Richness doesn't even begin to cover this gem of a sauce. My husband had gone in with the intent to acquire one of their reuben sandwiches but instead ordered the California eggs Benedict and wasn't as happy with his food as he was enamored of mine. His was built with sliced fresh avocado and tomato; he had no trouble in finishing his and a couple good bites of mine. We took the remainder of my order home and I had it the next morning with a fresh cup of coffee.

When we arrived, the waiting line stretch outside their door; it's a small basement space in the building so, expect a 20 to 30 minute wait if it's a Saturday morning before 10:00 am. I know, having to wait through a waiting area full of families can be a test but ... it's worth it!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been visiting this place for about 10 years since my parents moved into the area. I often give up as the wait can sometimes be over an hour. However, if you're patient, be sure to try a cinnamon roll or an omelet. With the bump in population in Snohomish/Clearview, someone in the area should open another breakfast alternative.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This place has the most amazing cinnamon rolls ever!! They fill up the whole plate and the frosting is delicious too! Normally I don't like frosting because it has too much sugar but this is perfect. They have great omlets and fresh squeezed orange juice. Deffinatly try this place out.

Been to Maltby Cafe? Share your experiences!