“Old Fashion Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Old Fashion Breakfast”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Sont miss this hidden Gem! It's a small chain of town cafes around the puget sound and they service an excellent meal. Weekends usually have a line so be prepared.

WASHINGTON
“Heavenly Hamburger”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

In the past we have indulged in breakfast at this cafe. That is what they are mainly known for. This time we tried lunch and I must say that the hamburgers were heavenly! ALL BEEF (I even had to leave part of mine) made for a filling basic burger that I can still remember how it tasted. The only negative were the home fries. They are sliced, like chips, and that is a nice change from frozen sticks. Unfortunately they were not crisp enough for me. Fries/chips should be crisp and these fell short.

The service, provided by Tonie, was excellant. Her personality, quick refills of water and tea and ability to make us feel like we were the only customers (no empty tables that day) really make her stand out.

• Visited February 2012
Mill Creek, Washington
“I'm still full...”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife of 6 years had never been to the Maltby Cafe before but I have been telling her all along just how great it was. We happened to be driving by there this morning and she said she was hungry. Little did she know just how much food she was going to get, much less how delicious it was. Huge portions, everything cooked to perfection - I finished at least two thirds of Montana omelet but she only managed about a quarter of her country eggs benedict. Go there!

• Visited February 2012
Seattle
“Best Breakfast in Snohomish County”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Great portions, and the best cinnamon rolls on the Planet. Great, friendly service. The owners are also servers or desk, or cooking. They care about the details. Be prepared to wait and the wait area is small. Very popular. Awesome lunches as well. Never disappointed in 8 years that I have been there. Also some nice shopping in the immediate area.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank David R
Seattle, Washington
“You WILL come back!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've been to the Maltby Cafe many times and I've never ONCE been disappointed in the food, service, or experience! It's open for breakfast and lunch.

The menu is varied - plenty of options to choose from. The daily special always makes for a hard choice because I have my favorites off of the menu!

The ambiance is amazing; the restaurant is situated in what used to be the basement of what looks to be an old grange hall. Not too big, well appointed, and comfy.

The staff is attentive, friendly, and experienced. They've employed many of the same folks for years. You get the sense of one big family.

One drawback, if you want to call it that - you can wait in line for 15-30 minutes during prime-time breakfast on the weekends. Come early or come after the rush if you don't like waiting in lines.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Maltby Cafe? Share your experiences!