“Don't go here if you are hungry”
Review of Brasato - CLOSED

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was the most minuscule, meager meal I have ever overpaid for. The acorn squash ravioli had such a tiny bit of squash in it, it was too little to even taste. The entire meal consisted of a single thin layer of ravioli in the bottom of a soup bowl with no vegetables or other servings that might have rounded out the meal. I feed my 4 pound cat better than this! The rest of the meal was mediocre as well as the dour hostess, not worth the high prices charged. I will never go back.

1  Thank sparkty

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I were exploring outside of Seattle recently and ended up in Snohomish, which is called the antiques shopping spot of the NW USA. As my wife was window shopping, I went looking for a restaurant to dine at that had a deck since the weather was in the 70's. I stopped at Brasato and was met by Mark,who I later found out was the owner along with his wife. He explained in detail the menu selections and even reserved my table outside. When we arrived for dinner later, we were led out on the deck to our table and soaked up the scenery. My wife ordered the Roasted Wild Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce. She LOVED it!!!!!!!! She is very picky when it comes to any type of fish dinners. I had the Ravioli with Black Bean Sauce. Superb!!!!!!!!!!!
The waiter was very informative about the creative use of fresh,local and handmade ingredients. For desert, we enjoyed theSemifredo with strawberries. It has egg whites,cream that is mixed together and then served frozen. Very DELICIOUS!!!!! . As we finished our desert, we talked with two couples at the next table who said that this is their favorite restaurant in town and eat there quite often. We will definetly tell all our friend/family that when they travel out towards Seattle to drive out of the city and eat at Brasato.

2  Thank keith a
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We happened to be in Snohomish one evening and were directed to Brasato by the woman who owns the beautiful bookstore down the street. We owe her one!

The meal was outstanding. I am a cook/foodie, and very picky about tastes, textures, etc. Each dish we had was prepared 'just so.' The salads had fresh, crisp ingredients and were perfectly seasoned. The entrees were just---- WOW! So many flavors for so few ingredients. They weren't overly complicated, so that all the flavors balanced each other and just shone right through.
Mrs. had the bolognese over pappardelle and Mr. had the star of the night: Ravioli with Black Bean Sauce. Sounds like a simple and boring dish, right? Not the way they do it. Each bite was a new experience (sorry I'm gushing, but it was really that good) in taste. The ravioli was so delicate and paper-thin. The flavors meshed amazingly well and the bean sauce might as well have been infused with an addictive substance, I'm surprised there was any white left on the bowl when I was finished.

All the pasta is made in-house and these folks know how to make pasta, based on the dishes we had.
Their wine selection was decent and we found a couple of new favorites.
For dessert we shared an Espresso Creme Brulee (also made in house) that rivaled some of the best French restaurants we've dined at.

The only downside was the service, but that will improve with time, no doubt. You can get new servers, but it's tough to replace the owner/chef. In the case of Brasato, they got the best part of the deal. Do not miss this place!! (we'll be at the next table eating ravioli)

3  Thank The_Merk