“This is a first class retreat for relaxation.”

The Gated Sanctuary Centre for Healing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gated Sanctuary was created for the person who is looking to renew themselves through relaxation, reconnecting with the Earth, or pain management. We have the feel of a natural Japanese hot springs with a polished décor. Our emphasis is on therapeutic massage therapy and hydrotherapy. We are on six acres in a secluded and peaceful setting located in the countryside of Snohomish County about 20 minutes East of Everett and 45 minutes North of downtown Seattle. We have created a sanctuary filled with Southeast Asian treasures and antiques. Our Kneipp Hydrotherapy Circuit is clothing optional and features the latest in Jacuzzi technology. Set outside on a beautiful private deck surrounded by old growth cedar trees and life size Buddhas, you can relax in our jetted warm or hot pools. Cool off in our redwood Alaskan cold plunge. Enjoy our eucalyptus chromotherapy steam room.Heal your body; Rejuvenate your spirit; Relax your mind at The Gated Sanctuary
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I can't believe a place like this exists. It is tucked away just northeast of Seattle in a beautiful area surrounded by tall trees and serenity. When I arrived I was met by Fredrick, the owner. He and his staff made sure my trip was enjoyable and relaxing. I started out on the Hydrotherapy Circuit before my massage. Kristine was my massage therapist and I can honestly say that I have never had a massage as good as that one...and I have had many massages. After my massage I continued again on the Hydrotherapy Circuit and I enjoyed the afternoon outside in the hot tubs and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I will definitely be back again and again. Give this place a try and you will see what I mean.

3  Thank Dotcodan
"tranquil"
"waking"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Gated Sanctuary offers healing for the body, calming for the soul, and a relaxing escape from the day to day. You will find a secluded space to land in a beautiful natural setting nestled far from the day to day in Snohomish an easy drive from Seattle. The staff will welcome you with a sarong and a towel and you'll feel as if you've arrived to your own private spa. You will be taken behind the doors to an immaculate retreat offering a eucalyptus steam room inside and hydrotherapy baths ranging from warm, hot, to cool. Move from massaging heated pools to a cool meditative dip... so refreshing, so addictive! Followed by a massage you will be taken away and want to start the circuit all over again. The grounds offer walking paths where you can continue to enjoy the nature. I've enjoyed the spa every season of the year and the opportunity to look into the sky and breathe a sigh of relaxation always brings me back... My next visit is already booked.

2  Thank Inga L
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was swept away by the Gated Sanctuary, the tranquil setting, the tranportative self of a submerged body in a steaming and bubbling spa -- super clean without the chlorine. There I was. Just soaking in among the tall, tall pines outside of Snohomish. What a setting. A real getaway and yet within driving distance from Seattle.

I drifted, and now I am back again -- Shirley MacLaine effect – my body was planets away. Occasionally, I would wake up and realize the total comfort and looseness that one’s body felt years before the aches and pains set in. I began to relax and and float in the quiet. I took a walking break. I wandered down the prayer path in my solitude. A very easy trek in sandels, much like being in the Olympics. Cold outside? Yes. But I was soon again in the heavenly steam room, my body saying "thank you, thank you." My mind checks out again. I almost forget who and where I am. I was apparently meditating without realizing it. Total zoning out. I love this place.

A wondrous massage was next, expertly deep tissue and so tension relieving by a fellow named Navdeep. And more of the pains disappear. My body then floats from the massage room, to shower to the steam room. Next, choosing Hot, Warm or Cold Spa is my biggest issue during that cold wintry date. No choice needed, as you endeavor on all three. Spiked cold rain on your face feels so gentle and friendly when the body can bathe in a heated, percolating spa.

Healing and Zen and MacLaine -- are only words. They're the only words I can conjure up to describe my time at the Gated Sanctuary. But I was there -- in person, mind and body -- and I will go back again and again. Thank you, Frederick and Danny for a rejuvenation that has to be experienced and so hard to be put into words. J T

Date of experience: February 2012
3  Thank J T
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Last week was my 4th visit to The Gated Sanctuary. Believe me, I would visit more often if I lived closer than an hour's drive. It is simply the best place for body therapy I have ever found. Everything is deluxe from the decor, the friendliness of the staff, the hydrotherapy circuit, and the massages I have had (always 90 minutes). I am stressed and stiff from work very often and this spa has left me in a state of profound relaxation. One of the masseuses, Sh'kala has the best technique, and spirit, of all I have tried. The indoor steam room is a good place to start, after a shower, and then outdoors to the, top of the line, jacuzzis. The weather doesn't matter when you are in the warm jacuzzis (two) with 6 different seats for a variety of jets and force. You have to pick the day that suits you best, because the hydrotherapy is clothing optional - coed some days, men only some, and women only the others. Swim suits are fine too, and you see both. The front area where sign in and massage are strictly clothed, although you can wear the sarong they give you if you like. An hour before my massage I go in the steam room and then to the jacuzzis and then back to the steam room. By that time much of my stress and soreness has melted away, which is an excellent prep for the excellent massage. The prices are reasonable and the setting is ideal. Highly recommended - just try it once and you will understand.

Date of experience: February 2012