“Charm galore!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twin Gables Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skamokawa
Twin Gables Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Skamokawa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Charm galore!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a lovely stay at Twin Gables this past summer. I'd come down to visit friends in the area to go sea kayaking. The breakfast is especially memorable: very generous portions and fresh items. The owners even accommodated my wheat allergy with delicious gluten-free corn bread! All-in-all a peaceful and restorative stay. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TiahMaria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to spend a romantic weekend and do a bit of kayaking. We were amply rewarded on both counts. This lovely B&B is right on the water (great views) and right next to a very easily accessed launching ramp. After a morning of quiet paddling and a lunch on a sandy spit next to the Columbia, we arrived a bit damp and bedraggled and were greeted almost like old friends. Our room was spacious and homey, the shower perfect, and the bed more than comfortable. Be sure to talk to the owner about the dinner option We enjoyed a delicious home cooked dinner of pasta, fresh vegetables and home made sausage at a table next to the window looking out over the lawn and waterway. The next morning there was a thermos of hot coffee outside our door and downstairs a hearty breakfast awaited. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer getaway than the Twin Gables.

Room Tip: although both rooms share the same view, splurge on the larger room... it is just a few dollars.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amity, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The best part of Twin gable is the very large dinning room/parlor,
when the owners are in it. It is obvious, Steve and Kathleen enjoy people. It seems that enjoyment is what makes them run the bed and breakfast. If I have one criticism it is the that the breakfast are too large.

Room Tip: I have only had one room, it was on the dockside upstairs. As I looked out on Grays river , watchin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at Twin Gables for the second time and love the character and location of this spot along the Columbia. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, our hosts were caring, and the breakfast was delicious. Across the highway is a county park with access to the Columbia -- a nice place to walk. We would come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our overnight stay at Twin Gables due to the hosts ability to create a very easy and relaxing atmosphere. Kathleen is knowledgable of and involved in the community which added to the experience. We equally enjoyed our interactions with Stevan. The guest room was simple and comfortable with little additional touches that were helpful as opposed to frivolous. The bed and it's bedding were very comfortable. Breakfast opened with a beautifully prepared fresh fruit combo followed by an unique and delicious omelette. The meal was hearty without being cloying. The dining area seating was comfortable and the table setting lovely in its simplicity, uncluttered. There is nothing I enjoy more then feeling like I can relax with a book or needle work after breakfast when I am on a little get away though that is not often the case. At Twin Gables you are assured that it will be.

Room Tip: We were in the larger of the two rooms in the main house and found it very accommodating due to its...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohion, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

On a visit in the Seattle area from Ohio, I had the unexpected opportunity to visit Twin Gables B & B for two nights as a friend and I explored southwest Washington. The sun broke through the clouds as we arrived in late afternoon, and spotlit the welcoming entrance of the Twin Gables; I loved learning the history of the houses joined to form the B & B. A little later, sitting on the porch overlooking the creek with brew in hand, I could feel stress drifting away and quiet pervading me. I stayed in the smaller of the two upstairs room and so appreciated the serenity of its simple decor and thoughtful attention to detail. Just when I looked around for a place to hang my robe, there was a peg. Just when I went to put my feet on the wood floor, there was a rug. Just when I needed a shower, there was a small but elegant bathroom. In the early dawn and late evening of midsummer the peaceful light coming through simple white cotton curtains lulled me to wonderful sleep. I cracked the window at night and could hear coyotes yipping in the distance, and the quiet creak of the boats moored nearby. I slept so well, and fitted in extra naps. I discovered all of Skamokawa is in walking distance, as well as strolls in Vista View Park along the Columbia River, and we also explored the nearby nature preserve. Finally, a word about the delight of the fresh bread made by Kathleen; so satisfying and in keeping with the hospitality of another era. I particularly appreciated that Kathleen and Stevan were happy to chat and made sure to get us all that we needed, but gave us plenty of time on our own. This B & B was everything I want in a place to stay in a little known locale: interesting in itself, local knowledge by the hosts, and leaving restored.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our hostess was attentive and personable without disturbing our time together. The room was spotless and comfortable, the food was great (we ordered a simple supper and both that meal and breakfast were geared to avoid my allergies.) We took a walk in the evening, and sat on the porch to watch swallows and hummingbirds--so restful and beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skamokawa
The Villa at Little Cape Horn

Been to Twin Gables Inn? Share your experiences!