“Lovely place”
Review of Twin Gables Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skamokawa
Twin Gables Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Skamokawa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Townsend, Washington
“Lovely place”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at Twin Gables for the second time and love the character and location of this spot along the Columbia. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, our hosts were caring, and the breakfast was delicious. Across the highway is a county park with access to the Columbia -- a nice place to walk. We would come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our overnight stay at Twin Gables due to the hosts ability to create a very easy and relaxing atmosphere. Kathleen is knowledgable of and involved in the community which added to the experience. We equally enjoyed our interactions with Stevan. The guest room was simple and comfortable with little additional touches that were helpful as opposed to frivolous. The bed and it's bedding were very comfortable. Breakfast opened with a beautifully prepared fresh fruit combo followed by an unique and delicious omelette. The meal was hearty without being cloying. The dining area seating was comfortable and the table setting lovely in its simplicity, uncluttered. There is nothing I enjoy more then feeling like I can relax with a book or needle work after breakfast when I am on a little get away though that is not often the case. At Twin Gables you are assured that it will be.

Room Tip: We were in the larger of the two rooms in the main house and found it very accommodating due to its...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohion, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

On a visit in the Seattle area from Ohio, I had the unexpected opportunity to visit Twin Gables B & B for two nights as a friend and I explored southwest Washington. The sun broke through the clouds as we arrived in late afternoon, and spotlit the welcoming entrance of the Twin Gables; I loved learning the history of the houses joined to form the B & B. A little later, sitting on the porch overlooking the creek with brew in hand, I could feel stress drifting away and quiet pervading me. I stayed in the smaller of the two upstairs room and so appreciated the serenity of its simple decor and thoughtful attention to detail. Just when I looked around for a place to hang my robe, there was a peg. Just when I went to put my feet on the wood floor, there was a rug. Just when I needed a shower, there was a small but elegant bathroom. In the early dawn and late evening of midsummer the peaceful light coming through simple white cotton curtains lulled me to wonderful sleep. I cracked the window at night and could hear coyotes yipping in the distance, and the quiet creak of the boats moored nearby. I slept so well, and fitted in extra naps. I discovered all of Skamokawa is in walking distance, as well as strolls in Vista View Park along the Columbia River, and we also explored the nearby nature preserve. Finally, a word about the delight of the fresh bread made by Kathleen; so satisfying and in keeping with the hospitality of another era. I particularly appreciated that Kathleen and Stevan were happy to chat and made sure to get us all that we needed, but gave us plenty of time on our own. This B & B was everything I want in a place to stay in a little known locale: interesting in itself, local knowledge by the hosts, and leaving restored.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our hostess was attentive and personable without disturbing our time together. The room was spotless and comfortable, the food was great (we ordered a simple supper and both that meal and breakfast were geared to avoid my allergies.) We took a walk in the evening, and sat on the porch to watch swallows and hummingbirds--so restful and beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline K
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Out here in nowhere Washington, planning to stay at a yurt for a summer adventure, we found that there's no way we were staying in our assigned yurt at the park. Late day on a Sunday eve, we suffered through the Edge network hoping to find a place to stay somewhere between Cathlamet and Ilwaco. Up popped Twin Gables, and we gave them a call.

Just across the street from Vista Park, we were warmly welcomed and set up in our own little apartment with a bedroom, bath and kitchenette. All our interactions with the owners were warm and friendly, and we were able to tie up a skiff at their dock. The room was modestly stocked, but with all our camping supplies we did just fine. I have no doubt that Steve and Kathleen would have supplied us with anything we needed if we had asked.

From the get go, we were so grateful to stay in a safe, calm, and welcoming retreat. We could still walk the beach at the park, and easily take the boat out. We couldn't have lucked into a better emergency Plan B. I'd stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: We were the only ones onsite at the time, and we wholly enjoyed the ease and privacy of the family a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irukandji206
Montesano, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Twin Gables was our first bed and breakfast experience. Fantastic place. Everything was first class. Wonderful place for people who appreciate antiques and quiet reflection. Outstanding hosts and breakfast was just lovely. A must place to return for us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Susanville, California
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Skamokawa is on the Washington side of the Columbia River. A lovely place to stay driving from Portland to the coasts of either Oregon and Washington. The Twin Gables gracious host and hostess made the journey more special with wonderful rooms and gourmet breakfasts. Our daughter had the small bedroom with private bath and we had a large bedroom with private bath. Both rooms were close together and as we were the only guests at the time, we liked the 'suite'
arrangements. A special place for a special holiday. Thank you, Kathleen and Steve

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skamokawa
Cannery Pier Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria
Commodore Hotel
Commodore Hotel
#8 of 14 in Astoria

Been to Twin Gables Inn? Share your experiences!