“A Real Gem-The Inn at Crippen Creek”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skamokawa
The Inn At Crippen Creek Farm
Ranked #2 of 5 Skamokawa B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California
“A Real Gem-The Inn at Crippen Creek”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

From our 1st glimpse of this sunny-colored yellow Inn in its lovely country setting we knew we had found a gem. A warm, warm welcome from hosts, Don & Kitty made us feel right at home. We were shown to our spacious & very clean room filled with natural light from the windows & the most inviting bed! We were lulled to sleep by country sounds & we loved it. A most yummy breakfast (which varies each morning) & "Pacific Northwest good" coffee, greet guests each morning. On our next visit, we will definately order dinner at the inn, knowing that it will be creatively prepared by the hosts, often using food sourced from their farm or the nearby area & it will be delicious. We also look forward to booking on a weekend when Don is leading a cooking class. As innkeepers, the Speranzas are simply the best--a friendly, engaging couple with a variety of interests & hobbies, & loads of interesting stories to tell if & when their guests want to socialize. On the other hand, guests will find that they are free to relax & simply enjoy the peace & serenity that comes with a visit to Crippen Creek. We also recommend booking a kayaking excursion or lesson from very nearby Columbia River Kayaking Company-a different & fun way to see this history-filled area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sherwood, Oregon
Reviewed March 23, 2013

From the time I walked through the door to begin my adventure at The Inn at Crippin Creek Farm to the time I walked through the door when my adventure was over it was a wonderful time had visiting and learning how to make Artisan breads with Don and Kitty. The are the best hosts ever! Don and Kitty are so warm and friendly and Kitty told me once a person walks through their door they are no longer strangers. They are interesting and I enjoyed hearing the story about how they began their life running the farm, the Bed and Breakfast and their cooking classes. My friend Karen and I spent the night and both of us had our own rooms. The beds were so comfortable and the sheets were as smooth as butter. The bed, the bed linens, comforter and pillows are heavenly. I really felt like I was being pampered and I slept like a baby! The bedrooms are decorated beautifully; beautiful colors, pretty furniture, interesting art and a bank of windows that look out to the trees and a big golden moon. It was just so wonderful and peaceful. The bathtub is over sized and I took this as invitation to take a long hot bath and boy did I enjoy it! They made us a wonderful breakfast of Irish Soda Bread, sausage, broccoli and cheese quiche and homemade browned breakfast potatoes with coffee and orange juice to compliment the meal. It was just so very tasty....every last morsel. I am already planning my next trip back. It was a wonderful get away and I learned a lot about Artisan bread baking. There were lots of farm animals to enjoy, a creek running through their property, beautiful trees, a garden and a big front porch to sit on. It is a very quiet and peaceful place to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We've stayed at the Inn at Crippen Creek Farm twice, and have reservations for April! Our hosts, Don and Kitty Speranza, are friendly and warm. Hospitality is a ministry for these two. Their home is quiet and clean, spacious and light. We are in the country, surrounded by meadows, forests, rivers, hills and the gentle farm animals. The food! 2 gourmet cooks, with breakfast provided, and the option to have dinner as well. Many of the meals served include ingredients raised right there on the farm! For our visit in January we invited our adult children and daughter-in-law to join us. We had the house to ourselves. It was a time to connect, relax, and enjoy each other and our peaceful environment. When I visit Don and Kitty, I somehow feel that I have come home and am being cared for with TLC.

Room Tip: Both upstairs rooms are spacious and light. The green room faces the south, the yellow room faces t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portland
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow, what an amazing home! Kitty and Don made us feel welcome right from the beginning. They were always around for a great conversation or an AMAZING meal. We went on an awesome walk to a hill with a great view. It was also great to wake up to the beautiful view of the creek winding through their property. We are definitely going to be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Bend
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband surprised me with a birthday trip to Crippen Creek and it was the highlight of our autumn travel! What a delightful, restful place. The inn was designed as a cottage-y B&B, so the layout is perfect for conversation and noshing while Don & Kitty are preparing the next delicious meal. The upstairs bedrooms are spacious & private, each with it's own bath. At night we enjoyed the bright stars from our very comfortable bed, and in the morning we were awakened by soft morning light & the smell of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever tasted.

The food is absolutely superb - we highly recommend having dinner at the Inn, as well as the provided breakfast. Hearty, fresh, and fabulously homemade. These aren't throw-together meals - the cochinita pibil Don made was a 3-day process! And OMG, the chocolate molten lava cake with homemade salted butter caramel ice cream!!

I can't say enough about Don & Kitty's gracious hospitality. They have created a lovely environment and are genuinely
pleased to share their bounty.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a real gem of a B&B just 1.5 hours away from Portland. For those looking for a wonderful farm stay with fun and gracious hosts, you can't go wrong with the Inn at Crippen Creek Farm. Tucked away on a secluded 14 acres you'll find cows, pigs, sheep and chickens, not to mention some friendly cats and the requisite farm dog, Jesse, patrolling the property. A picturesque little creek runs through the property and is great for kids to play and wade in.

Don and Kitty are delightful hosts; funny, charming, warm, accommodating, and exceptional chefs to boot! We were lucky enough to be staying over during one of their cooking classes and got to experience the most scrumptious multi-course Italian feast with different varieties of handmade pastas made from their own fresh eggs from the henhouse. Breakfasts are hearty and tasty, and it's a great having it on the sun porch, rain or shine.

The house itself is really lovely. Recently built in the last few years, it has very welcoming open floor plan, enviable kitchen, and spacious and comfortable guest rooms. I can't remember when I slept so well. In fact, the entire getaway was just perfectly relaxing, and I was content just to lay about the house reading and hanging out with our hosts. Kitty was even kind enough to give me a lesson on making hooked rugs after I expressed some interest in the lovely examples decorating the living room.

All in all, we had a great trip and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Don and Kitty make you feel like you're a long lost loved family member. So comfortable and welcoming. My partner and I love going there, for a visit, or a cooking class, or just to look at the chickens running around. Near the Columbia River and the coast, there are lots of things to visit nearby or just hanging out at the farm enjoying the beautiful creek and yard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn At Crippen Creek Farm? Share your experiences!