“The Perfect Escape”

The Inn at Lucky Mud
Ranked #4 of 5 Skamokawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to The Inn at Lucky Mud for a Valentine’s Day get-away and it was everything we could have hoped for and more. Sunrise and Jessica were excellent hosts; knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming. There was incredible fresh made breakfast each morning and the beautiful sound of Sunrise jamming on his ukulele added that perfect extra touch to the ambiance. The disc golf course was tons of fun and a great way to get moving after a delicious meal. We can't wait to come back and introduce our friends to this hidden gem!

Room Tip: The Audubon room has a balcony that overlooks the pond
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank killah07

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Inn at Lucky Mud changed my attitude about B&B's. I never liked the close quarters and too cute decorations of most B&B's that are remodeled old houses . The Inn was designed as a B&B from the ground up. Each room is large with a private bathroom. The rooms are on a separate floor from the living room and kitchen. The rooms are as nice as a high end hotel. The owners strike a remarkable balance between being friendly and helpful and leaving you the amount of privacy you desire. The food was excellent and beautifully served. Two warnings: the Inn is quite remote and they have cats.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank theWWs
Reviewed September 4, 2012

No doubt about it, The Inn at Lucky is remote but a great discovery. Great meals prepared by hosts Jessica and Sunrise, comfortable rooms, a rolling rolling landscape to roam on, forest animals and an occasional flashback to the Hippy Sixties. An escape from the hectic pace!
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Call the Inn and talk with Jessica or Sunrise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VeritasChicago
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Wonderful rooms;terrific meals; lovely scenery; very enjoyable music. Seven of us spent the weekend and had a great time;
Some went fishing near by, while others played games and watched the wild life(deer, ducks, birds, raccoons, and fish in the pond).
We do hope to return next year.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our family picked this out of the way location to stay a weekend together, and simply hoped for the best. Quite simply, that is exactly what it was : the best! Jessica and Sunrise are delightful hosts, eager to share music and stories about the area, yet also gave us plenty of space to do our own thing. The breakfasts were scrumptious, the bedrooms inviting, the location beautiful. Although it wasn't the best weather for our stay, there were plenty of books, games, and movies provided for our enjoyment. We hadn't even left yet and were already talking about returning - and next time we will be trying out the professionally designed disc-golf course on the property!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank L N
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I fell in love with The Inn at Lucky Mud when I first visited in December of 2005. I experienced the luscious beauty and unique ambiance of The Inn and it's breath taking surroundings, and the easy going charm and grace of the hosts Sunrise and Jessica. I have returned at least once a year since then. Jessica and Sunrise were completely understanding and welcoming of my service dog, Mulan as well. I need Mulan's companionship to help lesson my anxiety and prevent panic attacks, to my delight my dog Mulan was welcomed as a guest, not simply tolerated. Jessica even gave Mulan a little Santa hat! I booked another stay before I left.
My most recent visit in January 2012, was a musical weekend I arranged with several friends who have heard me extol the virtues of Lucky Mud for years. 4 of us stayed in 2 rooms, choosing The Cedar Room and The Pond Room this time. All the rooms are fabulous and have 2 beds and a private shower/bath.
The breakfasts are always fun, and comfortingly predictable in that they include a casually elegant, beautifully set table as you sit overlooking the lush Willapa Hills. The breakfasts include farm fresh eggs, organic sausage from a neighboring farm, homemade bread and jams made from locally grown produce. Also included with breakfast is a show! Sunrise plays guitar and he and Jessica sing as they prepare the food. You feel you have been pulled through a magical time portal where the sounds, scents and sights are all joyfully hypnotic.
Each room has it's own special decor and personality. The common rooms are spacious with inviting cozy nooks to take in the views, or warm yourself by the fire. Downstairs in the common room there are books and movies, board games and musical instruments to enjoy as you look out over Loch Luck, the pond that sits behind The Inn. Also downstairs is a microwave and coffee maker, even the syrups to mix your own designer coffee drink, as well as all sorts of Herbal Teas.
But truthfully, it isn't the glorious Pacific North Western landscape, the lovely rooms, the fabulous foods, the Disc Golf Course or the nearness to the Pacific Ocean and Columbia River for bird watching and kayaking that bring me back time and again. I return for the loving, heartfelt hospitality of Sunrise and Jessica. They always make Mulan and me feel enveloped in the enchantment that is palpable when you are a guest at The Inn at Lucky Mud.

Room Tip: When upstairs in the Audubon Room you have a private balcony, the rooms downstairs have private pati...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CandyRose11
Reviewed May 24, 2012

A terrific place to get away from the hustle bustle of city/suburban life. We spent five nights, and enjoyed every moment. Jessica and Sunrise are wonderful hosts and terrific chefs: five breakfasts that were each totally different and equally delicious, as well as (in our case) some wonderful dinners provided for us and our Road Scholar fellow travelers. The grounds (many acres) include chickens, a cat, lots of birds to see, and some picturesque old cars covered with moss. And, not to forget, a huge disk golf course. This area offers kayaking, hiking, and visiting along the route that Lewis&Clark took. Or just relaxing and enjoying the Inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be equally good (bathroom en suite) and comfortable. It's a newer build...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NolaAK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skamokawa
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Longview

Been to The Inn at Lucky Mud? Share your experiences!