“Not All Spiros Are Created Equal”

Spiro's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #9 of 134 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and me were in the mood for Spiros Pizza and Salad. We were in Silverdale at the time and figured we're already here, why drive all the way to Port Orchard. We ordered the House Special and a Chicken Caesar Salad. We wanted to take it to the park since it was such a nice day so we placed our order and waited. The view from the restaurant was absolutely beautiful, and all the staff was pleasant. Our order was finally up and we left for the park, keep in mind the park is about 2 minutes from the restaurant. We got to the park and the pizza was soggy, yes, soggy. We've had take out from the one in Port Orchard many times and we generally had to drive much further and the pizza was NEVER soggy. Now I had been looking forward to the Chicken Caesar Salad since the one in Port Orchard is flat out AMAZING!!! I opened the bag and pulled out the salad and I was a little surprised because they put tomatoes on it but I figured oh, an added treat. Well not even closed, the salad was AWFUL!!! The croutons were left over rolls that they had cut up, the chicken looked and tasted like the stuff you buy in a bag at the grocery store and even the dressing was bad (which I don't understand, they should have the same dressing as all the other locations). I seriously couldn't eat it. It was so disappointing! Just to clarify the one is Port Orchard had delicious croutons and you can tell that they cooked the chicken breast and then sliced it up to put on your salad. It wasn't pre-purchashed chicken. Also they're dressing is Wonderful, well the Roquefort is, that's really all I get, it's Heavenly. You can also get it in place of the Caesar. Overall, great view, not bad staff, not good food.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

'Run of the mill' Pizza& Pasta place...nobody on staff knew of the advertised locally prepared claims other than.."Well, we grate our own cheese, and chop the salad things".

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Have been there twice and really enjoyed it both times. Prices are low and food quality is high. Service is average, but scenery is excellent.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The quality of restaurants in this area isn't great and Spiro's is no exception. I ordered a meatball sandwich, which was just okay. For some reason, they chop up the meatballs into a ground meat consistency instead of leaving the meatballs whole which detracts from the sandwich. It came with a salad that was nothing special.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

How much for a pizza in Silverdale, Wa? To borrow a line from ESPN, "Com' On Man!" They need to hire an interior decorator, and they could probably work during business hours because no one is in there anyways. Generic Italian, odd pizza crust, pricey, complete lack of atmosphere, but at such a great location. I had high hopes Spiro's, I had high hopes... Back to Papa Johns.