“Not Fresh!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Poulsbo, Washington
“Not Fresh!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Which is a must for a sushi restaurant. We were really excited to try this restaurant based on reviews. Our order consisted of an order of crab ragoon, an order of fresh shrimp spring rolls, California roll, crunchy roll, Philadelphia roll, and a Las Vegas roll.

So, we start our meal with the "fresh" spring rolls. After biting into it we quickly realize the shrimp is not fresh at all! The smell was overwhelming, so we immediately put them back. As my husband is returning his back to the plate we notice a nice long, black hair rolled into the rice wrapper...nice.

We ordered this to go, so we were eating this at home, hence we couldn't complain to anyone. We had also spent $50 on the meal, so we forged on. The crunchy roll was actually very good, it was still hot when I ate it, and it melted in my mouth. The California roll was okay.

My husband didn't really care for his Philadelphia roll, and his Las Vegas roll was not fresh!! The roll had layers of "fresh" salmon on top...but, like I said, the salmon wasn't fresh. I'm sorry but it is imperative for sushi restaurants to provide fresh food. This place failed miserably, will not return.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worse sushi ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

I've been all over the world and by far this was the worse sushi ever, however the service was great. The selection was large and the use of immation crab was surprising given the location. Sushi was warm when received, it was also very bland probably due to low quality products. Very disappointing. Would not recommend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
silverdale
“Large Selection and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have always seen the sign and never went in until recently. We were very surprised how good it was. The portions are large and they have a huge selection of sushi and other items. I would recommend the Yellow Curry Soup. It is great. They also have Pho. Since we have been dinning there we have noticed that we aren't the only ones that love this hidden treasure. The place always has customers, but they are quick to serve.

Silverdale, Wa
“Large portions, fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2009

Tried it for the first time tonight on a recommendation from a neighbor. The food was very good with large portions. The staff was friendly and prompt. I would have preferred to get my sushi and my entree at the same time, but my sushi came out first. A very small issue to an otherwise excellent meal. The sweet potato fries seemed to be a favorite by almost all the patrons but we were unimpressed. They were good, but just did not appeal to our palette.

The atmosphere was a bit lacking but the food more than made up for it! The menu has a very wide variety of sushi and several other Japanese dishes as well. Expect to spend $10 to $20 per person.

Silverdale, WA
“Favorite sushi in Silverdale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2008

We have eaten a lot of sushi--our son is a sushi chef--and we like the quality and variety of the food at Origami. Friendly service and decent prices make this a frequent dining destination for us.

1 Thank Mahatmagumbo