“To slick for their own good.”

Silver City Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Silver City, we take care of our customers, staff and community like they are family. It is the owners' missions to make you feel at home and to serve the best food and drinks in town. Silver City has been acknowledged for their efforts by organizations such as the Silverdale Chamber of Commerce, who named them Business of the Year in 2004. Our craft brews have won numerous accolades from the North American Beer Awards and the Great American Beer Festival. Come in and try our popular Fat Scotch Ale and Ridgetop Red Amber. We promise you will not be disappointed! At Silver City, our menu items are made with only the freshest ingredients from scratch. Try our delicious Pepperjack nachos with tri-colored chips, tillamook cheeses, roasted garlic, and chipotle sour cream sauce for a twist on traditional pub fare. We also have a wide selection of burgers, main courses, salads and desserts that will please even the pickiest eaters.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Silver City Brewery broke a very basic rule. NEVER GOUGE THE CUSTOMER. I had a burger and fries that were very good. I had a gin and tonic. My mistake was not specifying a poarticular gin. When I got the bill I was charged $15 for Bombay Gin. When I asked the server, she shrugged and said "you didn't specify."

This is sleazy, I hate restaurants that pull this type of nonsense. The food was VERY good, but I will never eat there again.

4  Thank TheFantailChef
SCBC1, Owner at Silver City Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Please accept my apology for your experience on Saturday March 9th. Under no circumstance should any of our staff make any decision that benefits themselves at the expense of our guests. I would be more than happy to reimburse you for your visit and invite you back at our expense. Please contact me at steve@silvercitybrewery or 360-621-6427 and I will make the arrangement for reimbursement.
Any description of your server, or details about your bill (check #) would be of great help in my follow-up. It's very important to me that this incident is not repeated with any of our guests.
Thanks for the feedback and the opportunity to regain your trust in us.

Steve Houmes

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Finding parking was difficult. The beer was good as was the food, although they messed up my order. The waiter made up for it with free dessert.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

ok, where do I get started-Oh I know! If you have any sort of accessibility needs, then this isnt the place for you, (a wheelchair, a walker, and or someone with a cane) None of those will fit in there and when I told the hostess we needed somewhere accessible she had the fear of god on her face. Then they still shove you in a booth and be comfortable. NOT ADA compliant at all. I wouldn't even try and nor do they want any handicapped people in there to begin with, thats a statement thats made very clear. The fish n chips is next. I, for one second do not believe its made there, My son asked me if I had ordered fish sticks. Its plain, and not exciting. The fries are ok though but for a 15 bucks plate they dont give you very many, My son ordered the bbq pork sandwich which I have to admit was awesome, and so was the coleslaw. We never had to wait for refills but the waitress didnt want to talk to us for very long, Also they have the worst waiting area I have ever seen, Traffic doesnt flow, people coming in have to fight their way through people waiting and people leaving have to fight their way through people coming in and people waiting. which again, is an nightmare for someone with a cane, a walker or a wheelchair. Or even with someone with limited availability to walk (someone elderly), Silvercity clearly wants to be a the place that caters to party goers and not anyone else. This place is average, a lil over priced- and alot of hassle.

1  Thank SONNYSMOM
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The atmosphere was alright, a bit loud as one would expect at dinnertime, but maybe not the best time to eat with family. Our service was fine, nothing too friendly or unfriendly. The prices were nothing to gape at, but they were just over what we expected to pay. However, I will say that the food was just delicious and they did a great job, nice menu choices. I couldn't make up my mind. I got the crab sandwich: SO good, the salads we tried were also yummy, and we loved the bottomless steak fries.

1  Thank Schrutefan08
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Met some friends at the taproom and enjoyed a pint, refilled two growlers.

Even though the beer and service were outstanding, I am giving it a poor rating.

I pay an annual fee to be in the Silvercity VIP club, but they do not recognize or provide the benefits (larger beer glasses and points that translate into money back to spend at the restaurant) due a VIP member at the taproom. So in effect for me to benefit, I need to drink at the restaurant and fill growlers at the taproom. Not a good marketing plan.

I will probably not visit the taproom, as it is on the other side of the county from me, and I will probably not go to the restaurant as often because they do not fill growlers there. Plus there are other options that provide both services within a couple of miles of my house.

Let me know when you fix this issue and I am sure I will be back more often, as you do have amazing beer; I will just get it from someplace more convenient since being a VIP is not a huge benefit.