“Wonderful place to hang your hat”

Oxford Suites Silverdale
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been staying at the Oxford Suites on business for the past 4 months and I can't do justice with words to this wonderful place! From my spotless room to the helpful desk, bistro and housekeeping/maintenance staff, complimentary papers each morning, a nice glass of wine (they pour from single bottles, not from a box) waiting for me at the end of each day, a great selection of breakfast items, and a value that doesn't exceed my expense allowance...it's a home run all the way around. I could not find a place to throw a holiday luncheon for my coworkers, so the staff at the Oxford brought someone in and catered a small lunch for me complete with tablecloths and personal service for just my group, even though the Bistro isn't usually open for lunch. These folks have it together. I love the water view and enjoy watching the tides, birds, fish, etc in the Dyes Inlet. The view is especially nice because I can see open space, and in such a heavily forested area, one can tend to feel closed in. The view totally relieves my feeling of claustrophobia. My thanks to the staff at the Oxford for providing such wonderful, personal service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Took a chance and booked this hotel while job hunting in the area. had never heard of this chain before. i have to say this is the best place we stayed on this trip. we even extended a couple of nights for fun. the place is clean, quiet, professional polite staff, great breakfast. We needed a handicap accessible room and were very impressed with the way the room was laid out, the size of the bathroom and how easy to maneuver in the room. lots of hotels could learn from this hotel when it comes to ADA rooms. will take every opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Waterfront view room, evening reception service, on-site resturant, comfortable bedding, soaking tub, iPod connection alarm clock/radio, and a hot, yummy breakfast to boot. The only negative thing was that it seemed there was limited staff in the bistro area in the evening so it took a little while to get evening reception service, and it took longer to get offered a menu for dinner. On a positive note the steak was yummy as was the hummus and olive tapenade appetizer. Easy check-in and quick check-out. With the available amenities, location and price, I will definately stay again and will recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

While travelling to visit my boyfriend for my fall break, I accidently locked myself out of his apartment. (He's in the Navy, so he was at work on an overnight shift and had no access to his cell phone or email). As you can imagine, this was a pretty depressing situation to be in, as I was in a new place and knew no one. On top of that, my cell phone died, and I had no car. It was also Thanksgiving day. Thankfully I was down the street from the Oxford Suites and had remembered seeing it on my way in. When I got to the hotel lobby, the front desk clerk was SO nice and fixed me up with a great room. I cannot express the gratitude I have for that lady for being so caring. She made my check in absolutely the easiest, most hassle free thing ever. She even helped me find a place where I could get a phone charger.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank vlooney53
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is an excellent option on the Kitsap Peninsula. It's especially nice in the summer time because it's located right on the water with excellent vistas on the bay side of the property. Lodging includes an evening social and very nice breakfast. The rooms are well appointed and staff is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was in the area for work and our contact suggested staying at the Oxford Suites Silverdale. It was a very good recommendation.

The property is close to everything in Silverdale. I stayed there for a few days and never had any trouble finding parking. The lobby was very inviting with comfortable chairs. Checking in was efficient and the staff was always friendly and helpful.

My room was on the lower level (LL). I had a door that opened to the outside were I could cross a small street to get to the water. There was a little noise from the street when cars passed, but it wasn't enough to bother me.

The room was nicely decorated and clean. The wireless internet worked well and had good speed.

There is an indoor pool and workout room. I didn't use either facility but they looked clean and in good shape. There was a strong chlorine smell from the pool when I passed by but that is typical for indoor pools.

Breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items. Nightly drink tickets were nice to have. Free soup and salad were also available at night...the soups were tasty and the salad minimal, greens and dressing. My coworker and I ordered some appetizers one night and they were tasty and a good size.

I will definately stay here again when in the area and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were visiting a friend in the hospital so a spur of the moment trip. When I called for reservations they asked the purpose of my visit and when I said to visit a friend in the hospital they OFFERED me a great rate. We very much enjoyed the room - king bed (nice linens) with a couch and tiny deck overlooking the water. We received a free drink in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. We were very happy with our stay. The room got a little warm in the night and adjusting the air conditioner didn't seem to help. Also, no towel bar in the bathroom (strange) - just a hook as I recall.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the water view and the birdwatching :)