“GREAT Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

While travelling to visit my boyfriend for my fall break, I accidently locked myself out of his apartment. (He's in the Navy, so he was at work on an overnight shift and had no access to his cell phone or email). As you can imagine, this was a pretty depressing situation to be in, as I was in a new place and knew no one. On top of that, my cell phone died, and I had no car. It was also Thanksgiving day. Thankfully I was down the street from the Oxford Suites and had remembered seeing it on my way in. When I got to the hotel lobby, the front desk clerk was SO nice and fixed me up with a great room. I cannot express the gratitude I have for that lady for being so caring. She made my check in absolutely the easiest, most hassle free thing ever. She even helped me find a place where I could get a phone charger.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank vlooney53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is an excellent option on the Kitsap Peninsula. It's especially nice in the summer time because it's located right on the water with excellent vistas on the bay side of the property. Lodging includes an evening social and very nice breakfast. The rooms are well appointed and staff is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was in the area for work and our contact suggested staying at the Oxford Suites Silverdale. It was a very good recommendation.

The property is close to everything in Silverdale. I stayed there for a few days and never had any trouble finding parking. The lobby was very inviting with comfortable chairs. Checking in was efficient and the staff was always friendly and helpful.

My room was on the lower level (LL). I had a door that opened to the outside were I could cross a small street to get to the water. There was a little noise from the street when cars passed, but it wasn't enough to bother me.

The room was nicely decorated and clean. The wireless internet worked well and had good speed.

There is an indoor pool and workout room. I didn't use either facility but they looked clean and in good shape. There was a strong chlorine smell from the pool when I passed by but that is typical for indoor pools.

Breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items. Nightly drink tickets were nice to have. Free soup and salad were also available at night...the soups were tasty and the salad minimal, greens and dressing. My coworker and I ordered some appetizers one night and they were tasty and a good size.

I will definately stay here again when in the area and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were visiting a friend in the hospital so a spur of the moment trip. When I called for reservations they asked the purpose of my visit and when I said to visit a friend in the hospital they OFFERED me a great rate. We very much enjoyed the room - king bed (nice linens) with a couch and tiny deck overlooking the water. We received a free drink in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. We were very happy with our stay. The room got a little warm in the night and adjusting the air conditioner didn't seem to help. Also, no towel bar in the bathroom (strange) - just a hook as I recall.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the water view and the birdwatching :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Selah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Good location. Close to most things. As stated previously rooms are not true suites, rather long rectangular rooms. They were still very nice and the lounge chair was a nice perk. The bathroom was spacious with a deep soaking tub that even larger people will be able to soak in. I did not try the drinks or breakfast. Sleep was peaceful without interruption even with many teens also staying there. Front desk staff was efficient and quick but very polite also. Perfect for business as the wifi had great connectivity and was very fast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Up until this trip, I never heard of the Oxford chain. We stayed in the one in Chico, CA and it was great so we decided to try this one. It wasn't as good. The room needed to be aired out. The breakfast was good but I would avoid the restaurant for other than breakfast.

Room Tip: The north end of the building overlooks commercial places which get their garbage picked up in the e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doslobos
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed one night. Great hotel, friendly, helpful staff, comfortable bed, great evening reception with 2 free drinks. Bfst buffet had good variety. Room was clean, bathroom was spotless, lovely amenities (soap, shampoo, etc.) Free wi-fi in the room was high speed. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Oxford Suites Silverdale? Share your experiences!