“Traveled all over the world and this little town Hotel is our #1”

Oxford Suites Silverdale
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
ourkleinbunch
“Traveled all over the world and this little town Hotel is our #1”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed 10 days on a military move with a family of 5 and was by far well accommodated! Customer service is TOP notch! Room was clean and well decorated with a spectacular view! Bed are super comfy! Housekeeping does not miss a speck of dirt! The children LOVED the indoor pool and MOM&DAD enjoyed our free evening glass of wine by the Jacuzzi! Our room also had a gas fireplace! This place and staff was amazing! Free breakfast buffet is YUMMY! We are having our family that comes to visit stay so that we can go for a visit! They really know how to welcome you the area and we are glad to tell everyone about our great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ourkleinbunch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Keller
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have a lot to say about this hotel, but first, if you are allergic to eucalyptus, call first and see if they are still using it to clean with. I walked into my room after a very pleasant experience checking in, and noticed a pleasant mint like smell. ( it was room 425 ) But within 30 minutes I had a runny nose, headache and scratchy throat. I went down and told them, and the way they handled it was amazing. Even though they were quite full, they Immediately offered me another room. By the 4 th room, I had one that wasn't making me sick. They told me that in the first room, they had used too much of the carpet cleaner. My first response to that was, you actually regularly clean the carpets? :):)
Now, about the hotel in general. Extremely friendly staff, possibly the friendliest I have ever seen. They went out of their way in every capacity, even to come and personally help me move to the room that finally worked for me. Pleasant lobby, a smallish but very nice bar and restaurant area, nice pool area, and the water was nice and warm and pleasant for an indoor pool. Good location in Silverdale, plenty of parking, restaurants nearby.
The breakfast buffet was pretty good. Very nice fresh fruit, and the items changed daily, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Nice views from the tables too! I read in some other reviews that when the tide is out, there is nothing but a mud flat by the hotel. Well, that is true, but the tide is in as much as it is out, and even with it out, you can still look to the right if you are in your room and see the water just fine.
I saw a variety of rooms and they were all large and clean and very nice. I heard a little hallway noise, nothing more than you would expect in a hotel. The room I ended up with was right next to the elevator, and I never heard it at all. The rooms on the water side all have a view and the ones in the other side look at the parking lot. On the water side, some of the rooms have a balcony, nice:). However, this hotel is a little different than most. The rooms on the first floor are bigger than on higher floors. Room 125 was huge!!! No balcony, but a king bed, sofa, and a big lounge chair. My first room was a standard view king and had a sofa. Even though the upper rooms are smaller than the lower ones, they are still a very generous size with large bathrooms. I ended up in room 417, which had a kitchen, a bathroom with seperate tub and shower, a balcony , and a small fireplace. Very nice:) . The only drawback was that on the 4th floor, the beams of the hotel roof make it so I had to stoop a little to see the view when I was standing on the balcony.
Overall, a very nice hotel that seems newer than it is because it is so well maintained. I will be back. I was in town for a funeral, and they worked with me on the rate, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My stay at this establishment was absolutely wonderful. The quality of the hotel was fantastic and the staff was great. In particular the bar staff (Shauna

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Great water view. Breakfast was very good with a lot of selections available. The floor around the bed was very dirty . The blind was broken and we had to ask to have it repaired. We could of used an assist with our luggage but none was available in the am .Overall a pleasant , reasonable place with a comfy bed and pillows, and a friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Silverdale, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate knowing how we can serve you better and certainly take any concerns regarding room condition very seriously. We will discuss your observations with our staff. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will consider staying at Oxford Suites in the future, when visiting Silverdale.
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This hotel suffers from "Short Maid Syndrome." I'm tall so I see the tops of armoires, higher shelves, and the tops of pictures, mirrors, etc. They don't dust these higher up areas and when I asked the staff to clean these areas properly, they only did part of it. This happened in two different rooms during two different stays. Also I worked out in the gym one day and was stretching on the floor and noticed that there had to be a few weeks of dust/dirt on the floor. Other than that, it's a very nice hotel and probably the nicest you'll find in the area. The rooms are furnished well. The beds are firm and supportive. The wireless internet works really well. The tv has a good selection of cable channels. They have room service - food is okay. And their breakfast is far better than what you would get at the Hampton and Fairfield in Bremerton.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Silverdale, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thanks for the feedback,and for being a loyal guest. We will follow up with our staff and take immediate action to rectify the situation. Thanks again for commenting.
Milton, WA
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed here on their VIP Special, King Bay View Suite for 30% off a 2 night stay= $118 per night instead of $169 per night. Our room was awesome, fireplace, kitchen, bed, bathroom, everything was perfect. This room just felt CLEAN- I don't usually go bare foot in a hotel but felt comfortable to do so here. We were next to the elevator on the 4th floor and it was quiet. Our view was fantastic, the daily hot breakfast buffet was a huge blessing, great deal!!! No charge for parking. We didn't make it to the hot tub or see the pool, we were super close to shopping and enjoyed dinner at Josef's, the restaurant at the hotel across the water, rated #2 hotel in Silverdale. All around, great experience.

Room Tip: We were next to the elevator on the 4th floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Irvine
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Front desk staff was pleasant, especially Delores, who was exceptionally helpful & friendly. Room and bathroom were clean; bed & pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good & the kitchen staff was friendly. Self-serve coffee, tea & hot chocolate available throughout the day and cocktail vouchers made the stay more enjoyable . Fitness room is small, but adequate with a few cardio machines, a weight machine & tv. Overall, a nice stay. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton

Been to Oxford Suites Silverdale? Share your experiences!