“For Applebee's, This Place is Good”
Review of Applebee's

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here several times. Most of the time we get the 2 for $20 7oz sirloin (now 2 for $25 Bourbon Street Steak) specials. The appetizers are too heavy, so we order salads. First off, be aware that this is a family place and sports bar with TVs, so the noise level is high. If you get a table in the solarium, the sounds bounce of the walls. We will not accept a table in that area again. The last time we ate at this restaurant was in May 2014, and we got a server named Jason. Our meal and service were perfect! The salads were fresh, Jargon was THE BEST, and the Bourbon Street steaks were cooked to a perfect medium rare. Top-notch cook. They are served on a sizzling platter with onions and mushrooms, accompanied by red (I think) potatoes. Excellent. And on the sizzling platter, everything stays hot throughout the meal. In the past, I have had to send back the 2 for $20 sirloin, either for not being cooked right or for the meat just tasting funky, hut they always accommodate. I recommend this particular meal. Most of the servers we have had at this restaurant have been friendly and attentive, even when it gets very crowded. Be prepared for a wait during regular meal times.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Last weekend we were awarded with a night with out children, so we did a dinner and a movie. We ate here for our dinner having a 550 Cal. Serloin and the wife ordering a chicken pasta dish. Our food was good with my steak being cooked at medium rather than med. rare, but that is to be expected from a place like Applebee's. Only real issue is they didn't substitue my vegies for coleslaw and I had to remind them after the food came. Server was friendly and kept our drinks filled. Was not a bad dinner out.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have never been so disappointed . I took my 2 year old and 12 year old son out for a treat. They were busy but things were ok until the brought my steak it was well done and I asked for medium. That was ok it was alright. It was the gentleman that was seated beside us using the F word and other 4 letter words. I rushed my kids through dinner and tried to get out of there but I could not get a to go cup for my tea so we hung out a little longer. I finally gave up and left. On the way out I talked to the manager because I did not want to cause a scene. I don't feel that anything was resolved. The manager told me I should have said something to her or another manager. When I am with my two children I am not going to go draw attention to myself. Not sure we will go back.

2  Thank CGM-71213
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attended a birthday celebration for a family member. We had 27 people in our party that included several small children. Two waitresses handled us with great skill. All of our orders were correct and even with 6 different people paying they had no problem separating the bill. Unfortunatly the food is so salty. Almost everything there is warmed up from a bag. The vegetables were mush. My chicken fried steak had very little gravy on it so I asked for more. After about 10 min I got a small cup the was so hot I couldn't pick it up and they charged me a buck for it. I'm not sure why this place is always so crowded.

1  Thank DK_Johnson64
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stopped for a quick dinner last night and received the worst service I have ever received. We waited approx 35 minutes for 2 burgers and then they mixed up our order, after the waiter argued and was disrespectful and rude, I had to wait another 30 minutes for the correct burger. The manager was told about it but did not come over until i had almost finished my burger it took almost 30 minutes for him to come over, then he did not listen about the waiter only what was said about napkins and slow service. The whole thing took over an hour the waiter was the rudest most disrespectful waiter ever, and we eat out approximately 5 times a week. The manager did take the food off our bill, but doesn't listen or come over when their is a problem. If you want this type of food for better service and food go to Hop Jacks or Shari's, they are both alot better.