“Good alternative for Olive Garden”

Veneto Italian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We wanted an alternative Italian restaurant other than the Olive Garden. We weren't sure when we drove up. It didn't look nice on the outside, but the inside was nice. The food was great, the portions were large, the prices were comparable to Olive Garden, and the service was good. I would recommend it over the Olive Garden.

2  Thank Lance P

Reviewed April 4, 2014

You are instantly welcomed when you come to Veneto's. The place exudes warmth and you feel at home. The food beat all of our expectations. I probably didn't need the appetizer as it was huge. There is no way you can walk out of this place hungry.

1  Thank seaspak
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2014

never expected that the food would be so good. got the chicken piccata and it was VERY delicious. i would defintly come back and surely recommand it to others. people are nice and the place is like a little italy

Reviewed January 29, 2014

me and my boyfriend was driving by actually going to a different restaurant. And we saw this little place and us both loving Italian food we decided maybe we should try that place it can either be really good or really bad. On the outside and didn't look very appealing, but we went in anyways. Go inside you seat yourself they bring out bread that was not fresh but it was alright. The menu wasn't too overwhelming, we had wine that was excellent Ballao, I ordered fried zucchini with a pesto sauce, & a chicken alfredo tortellini which was excellent my boyfriend also got the chicken piccata that was the chicken was very tender & juicy the pasta was good. And our waitress was pleasant. There are some reviews in here that are putting this place at too high of a expectation for what it is: it was not something I was expecting out of looking at my place

1  Thank Shawnda H
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My friend and I had lunch today at Veneto expecting a lot after reading the great reviews. Well, it was ok, but i would not say it was over three stars. My first impression was the brown cardboard hand written sign on the front door announcing "new hours". The door was very hard to open, something I noticed all other customers struggling with. Once inside, I noticed two more brown cardboard handwritten signs on the wall. There was a hostess who was on the phone and waved us to sit anywhere. She did not finish her call for a while. The ambiance of the place is marginal, but the place did have an Italian flavor, sort of. It is one small rectangular room with minimal decor. The place did appear to be clean. A server brought us some warm bread and dipping oil. There was a layer of pepper below a half inch of oil. The wine selection was minimal at best. The menu was not particularly extensive -- I ordered spaghetti puttanesca. It was tasty and well prepared but way too little spaghetti for the amount of sauce. I had a lot of sauce left on my plate when finished. My friend had tomato and basil soup with a ceasar salad. He was satisfied with his selection. When it was time to go, the server stood over the table as I signed the check. All in all, this is an average Italian restaurant. The food is ok, menu could be more creative and the staff could be more professional. We were there for the prime lunch hour and there were only three other patrons there. I am not sure this new restaurant will make it. I probably will not return.

1  Thank James P