“Too Much for Breakfast”

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel charges $7.95 for breakfast, when we get the same breakfast and more for free at the Marriott's Springhill Suites. We wanted a simple meal of just cereal, but couldn't justify eating only cereal when we pay so much. The food was cold and being precooked, not so good. We won't be back

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello Sherry O,

As we have already responded to you via another channel, I would just like to apologize once again for not meeting and your expectations. We appreciate the comments, and will use them to improve on this issue moving forward.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

nice, clean, close to paulsbo. nice grounds on the sound, beautiful sunrise. room was not ideal (location -balcany was off roof of extended building with view and sound of the huge fans (staff was more than accommodating to move us to a much more acceptable room. great staff

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hello David S,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very happy that our staff was able to accommodate the room move for you and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Silverdale Washington and stayed at the Best Western Silverdale Beach Hotel. It was right on the water, and across the street from a fabulous Shari's restaurant (best pies ever), as well as a Joanne Fabrics store. The room was comfortable and clean, and the employees at the desk were very courteous. The nearby mall, Kitsap, was within a 2 min. drive as well. Perfect for those hubby's that don't want to hit the mall, they can walk along the waterfront, go back to the hotel, go across the street for coffee and pie!! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As for a water side room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Hello Decoratordale,

Thank you for all of your positive comments. It sounds like both you and your wife had a great stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

As we checked in we were informed that there was breakfast served at a cost of $7.95 per person. The website said “charges may apply” however, Best Western advertises “free breakfast” and we have never had to pay before. The desk person insisted that they charge because the breakfast is “more”. We looked into the breakfast area and saw nothing special, just the usual cereal canisters, waffle machine and a couple of heated servers. Considering we were staying 4 days, I feel, we could have been given a complimentary breakfast to determine whether it was something special or whether they just happen to charge for their continental breakfast.

The front desk person also mentioned that there was going to be a Halloween party the next night. We should have taken that as a warning of things to come.

The internet was ridiculously slow, kept locking up and bumping us off. This continued all 4 days we stayed there.

The walls had very little sound dampening because we could hear everything, everywhere. We had a herd of elephants staying in the room above us every night. The loud banging and stomping was heard late into the night. On our floor we heard doors opening/closing all night. Plus people talking, it was as if they were in the room with us. All in all this was the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. The night of the Halloween party is was very loud in the halls with people talking and slamming doors. We got up the next morning to find large white feathers leading down the hall to the elevator. I’m not sure if it was something romantic and a bird got plucked.

We will never stay in this hotel again. The only thing it had going for it was that it was on the water and had a good view. But considering it was foggy and overcast just about every day and too cold to go out on the balcony that wasn’t much consolation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsHoo51
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear MissHoo51,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you experienced during your recent stay, and we are truly sorry that you has a less than enjoyable visit. As you can see from some of the other comments from that weekend, we did experience an unusually high number of noise complaints, both from the Halloween Party and from somewhat unruly guests. Once again, we apologize that we were not able to provide you with the hassle-free and pleasurable stay every guest deserves, and hopefully you will give us another shot sometime in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The rooms are nice and the hotel is close to the mall, but someone forgot to order the soundproofing in the walls and floors/ceilings when they build this hotel. We were on the second of three floors and we heard every step and creak from the upstairs room, plus every flush and shower from their bathroom. I can imagine those on the first floor heard our every step also. If you can get a third floor room on an end, you'll be in luck, you'll only have one neighbor to listen to. If you want a premium room, don't bother. They are across from the elevator and you'll hear everyone come and go. Next time we'll be staying at the very comfortable (and quiet) hotel on the water in downtown Bremerton where we have stayed before. It's part of the H------ family of hotels and about the same price for a much better experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Familynavigator,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent visit. We did have a few unruly guests this past weekend, and I'm sure that they contributed to the overall unusually high noise levels we did experience. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy a peaceful stay as expected.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am still trying to recover from my two night stay at the Best Western Silverdale Beach Hotel. There were at least seven stiff and thick pillows on the king bed. They were about the same and had no variety to choose from. I asked housekeeping for just one soft pillow. When I returned to the room, I discovered two additional stiff, thick pillows. Both nights I attempted to sleep with no pillows. I had asked housekeeping to please send someone to fix the bathtub drain. The bathtub was a Jacuzzi and I could not utilize it because the drain stopper was leaking. No one came to fix it while I was at the hospital waiting for my husband in surgery. The hotel is older and the walls separating the rooms are so thin that you can hear noise amplified from other rooms. I tried to get a party noise in the room below me. The front desk associate said there is not a set hour for a quiet rule, but if the guest room in question is notified three times for noise, they are removed from the hotel. The noise started about 9:30pm. I patiently waited until about 10:45pm and called the front desk. She called the room, then the noise disappeared for an hour because they left the room. They came back after midnight and they started up music, laughing & talking loud. I called the front desk again about the noise. In addition I went outside on the balcony and looked below and noticed three people on their deck laughing and smoking. This is a no smoking hotel! I talked with the front desk associate again around 1:00am and informed her of this. She said she went down around the room and didn't notice anything. But she pounded on the door & told them to keep the noise down. I think by 1:30am, they finally quieted down. I am wondering if this hotel needs security to evict these types of customers. I am a Diamond Elite member which means that I have stayed in many Best Westerns! I have never experienced this type of noise problem unless a large group function was occupying the hotel. I did not try their breakfast because they were charging $7.95. What other Best Western charges for their breakfasts? I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello Pamalia B,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Although we have already responded to you through another avenue, I would like to apologize once again for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

great hotel. huge patio area behind the hotel bar is very nice. government travelers, pay the extra ten bucks and get the water view rooms. it's worth it for the view and the big teevee. location is near lots of shopping and small neighborhood restaurants (italian, hop jacks, etc.) and safeway shopping center is right across the street..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Joel,

We appreciate the positive feedback, and agree that we have an extremely convenient location here on the Peninsula. Hope to see you again in the future.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#6 of 9 in Bremerton
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 9 in Bremerton

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!