“Value for the $$ spent”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Red Oak, United States
“Value for the $$ spent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is the nicest Best Western Plus i have ever been in. Just beautiful. AWESOME views of Puget sound off the balcony's too. Quiet and peaceful. Rooms were clean and the beds very comfy. Pillows were OK...a little soft for my personal taste, but that's just me. The bath in my room was a little smallish for two, (glad i was alone) but was clean and nicely decorated. Overall a GREAT value for the money spent. I wish all BW+ inns were as nice as this one!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Kirk,

Thank you for such a wonderfully positive response. I agree that we have an amazing property, with amazing views! Please come see us again real soon.

Cheers,

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The location is great, you can walk along the water, have a bonfire outside. Great breakfast option in the morning. The front desk and restaurant staffs are all very friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub are great. Will stay in this place again

Hello Ken Y,

We appreciate the wonderful review, and love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. We look forward to having you as one of our many repeat guests in the near future.

Thanks Again,

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm a little tardy in getting this posted but I returned and stayed there again 2 months later. I arrived and the lobby was busy, a man in a suit helped check me in. Turns out he was the manager and was helping his staff because of a lot of guests showing up at the same time. That is a (positive) 1st in my book; the hotel manager assisting at the front desk (never saw that before; other than at a B&B inn). As they had bay-side rooms available, they shifted me to a bay side room; quieter and with a view. As usual, the staff was great and the room very clean. The Beachfront Martini Grill (hope I got that right) has a small but very high quality menu; great fish/chips and one of the best hamburger combos I've had. Both servers I met at the Beachfront were friendly and helpful; great conservationists. That Saturday morning I met a retired Navy type and one that was retiring; I'm Navy and we all had a great breakfast (they had their families present as well). Whenever my business sends me to that area again, I will be staying at the Silverdale and I won't be going out for dinner; I'll be having dinner at the Silverdale Beach Hotel. And the bay view is great.
I'll be back if business takes me that way again.

Room Tip: Choose the bay side (south side/non-street side); great view and no street traffic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Welling C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. As managers, we all chip in whenever and wherever is necessary, and we are always happy to assist. Great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our lounge during your last stay. I am very confident that you will enjoy our offerings even more so on your next trip, as we recently expanded the menu to include many, many new items. Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I actually booked the room for a Wednesday when I needed it for Tuesday. I showed up Tuesday and they let me have a room and changed my reservation for me. I cannot tell you enough how thankful I was and how nice the staff was about my error. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Siverdale!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Peggy M,

I am so pleased that our staff was able to assist you with the apparent mix-up involving your reservation, and thank you for the positive remarks.

Richland, WA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location on the Dyes inlet with walking path around the water and close to a few restaurants. Has a nice, large outdoor area/patio with a fire pit (which we used). The pool/hot tub was great for the kids - clean, towels provided, windows to enjoy the ocean view. Nicely remodeled (was in process to a degree while we were there) and up to date. Easy access to the local area for grub. The restaurant (lounge food) was good, much better than I anticipated and well priced. The breakfast food was also better than I expected - and for $8 adult/ $4 kid, it was perfect. Our double room was tight for 4 peeps (2 kids, 6/8). But it was fine otherwise. The internet coverage and accessibility was poor on the upper level. Not completely needed, but very inconvenient when trying to find local information, read reviews, etc.

Hello Erin S,

Thank you for the encouraging feedback regarding our property and your recent stay with us. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed all that we had to offer, from our fire pit to our excellent food variety. Great news.

Thanks Again,

Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just finished five nights at the Silverdale Beach Hotel with a 93 year old and a pet. when making the reservation, the front desk noted that the room needed to be close to the entryway for Mom, and easy to access the great outdoors for the dog. Access was great, and in really appreciate the care that was taken to meet our needs. It looked like it had great swimming facilities, but we did not use those. The view from our room was wonderful too.

Room Tip: For pets the ground floor courtyard room was really the way to go.
Green Features: Their offered to change linens every day, but allowed us to determine just how much service we needed
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello A J,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Glad that you, your mother and your furry friend all enjoyed your stay with us. Come visit soon.

Regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was our 40th Wedding anniversary, and we were not sure what to do, we live in Vancouver , Canada, and we decided to stay the weekend (4 days) at the SIlverdale Beach Resort on one of the little islands off the coast of Washington. We decided to get there by driving down to Tacoma, turning right, crossing the Tacoma Narrows bridge and then driving up to the pretty little town of Silverdale. (we came home via the ferry which is a much quicker route ) ..
When driving in to the parking lot of the Silverdale Beach Resort, one sees that it is a Best Western, and it looks so huge, lit up beautifully, with a huge lobby, anyone would be forgiven for mistaking this as a 5 star hotel. I would like to say here, that the Manager of the Hotel, Mr Anderson helped me with my booking, and he couldn't have been more helpful, and accommodating, replying immediately to any questions. When one walks into the lobby one is greeted by two fireplaces, comfortable huge armchairs & sofas, works of art on the wall and fresh flowers, all looking extremely new, colourful and inviting. Booking in was a breeze, with a friendly & polite receptionist, and we took the elevator up to our room. We were lucky enough to experience both a room with a town view, and then after 3 days, a room with a view of the inlet. The room was really clean, the king bed so so comfy , huge tv, and the "town view" was very pretty with hills behind. The sunset that night was dramatic pinks and reds - amazing to see. We decided to walk around the hotel, and it was all so lovely. Manicured lawns in the front next to the beach & water, lots of benches, and pretty wooden benches round the trees. I couldn't wait to get into the HUGE pool, it looked so inviting ! There is a lively comfy bar in the hotel, which leads out to a patio..everything looked fantastic.
We decided that evening to go to a nearby buffet, called KING WOK, and we could not believe the choice of prawns !! (Shrimp) - a lovely big restaurant..with EVERYTHING & ANYTHING one would want, one did not have to dress smartly, it had so many fun drinks, cool drinks, slurpies, and it had a BBQ section - one could choose any type of meat & they would bbq it for one. It was so inexpensive also. Had a lovely sleep at the hotel and we went down to the restaurant at the hotel for the complimentary breakfast. All the tables & chairs have views out to the water..one can even sit outside on the huge patio, and soak up some sunshine. The breakfast choices were amazing..let me try & remember, little cinnamon buns and bagels with toppings. A choice of cereals, a fruit salad and a bowl of fruit, and boiled eggs. A choice of fresh fruit juice, coffee, all types of bread for toast, and jams. Hot scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, hams , cheese, etc. Bacon, American hot "biscuits" and "gravy"..oatmeal, cream, a waffle maker , fresh cherries !!! I was quite happy with coffee and toast but my husband was in seventh heaven !! haha. Silverdale was a very pretty place to explore, and learn the history of. We had such a wonderful swim, the indoor pool is huge and so warm, it was easy to get in. After many laps I had a lovely soak in the hot tub..and an afternoon nap in our comfortable room was just sheer relaxation and joy !. I shall write elsewhere about a restaurant we went to that night - it was called Market Fresh at a new casino called The Point (a short drive away), it was THE best meal we have ever had !
By the way the hotel also has a little coffee shop where one can also get pastries, snacks etc. On the evening of our anniversary we sat on the patio outside the bar. There were many tv's in the bar & a fun atmosphere, the waitress was fun & friendly, and as we watched the sun set & the sky change colours over the water...pretty blue lights came on, which were round every tree trunk - so pretty !..Then a lovely bonfire was lit , and people sat around. There was a little girl there too and the waiter brought her marshmallows to roast..what a lovely atmosphere ! They also have a nice snack menu at the bar. We also loved our room with the view of the inlet..woke up to sunshine and shimmering water. We had our own balcony and sat in the sun looking out at the water, and the lovely garden and flowers. I thoroughly recommend this hotel, it was a fantastic unforgettable relaxing stay !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hello Debbie,

Happy belated anniversary, and thrilled that you both enjoyed your very special occasion with us!

You truly experienced all that we have to offer, and then some. We might need to hire you for some extra PR work, what an incredible review!

Thank you again for taking the time to post all of your positive comments, and hopefully we'll see you on your 41st.

Very Sincerely,

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#3 of 8 in Bremerton
Poulsbo Inn
Poulsbo Inn
#2 of 2 in Poulsbo

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!