“Great Staff, But the Room...”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had stayed here about a year before Best Western took over and really enjoyed my time there. I figured it was time to hide away for a night and relax. I was surprised when I looked online to find that BW was now managing the place now and since I was a rewards member I would get a few more points.
Made reservations over the phone and the person who set it up was very friendly and helpful with making sure I would get my BW points for this stay. At check in, the person behind the counter called ahead to make sure the junior suite was ready cause I was a little early. Since it was, she checked me in, gave me my key and made sure I knew where to find it in a professional and kind way.
Once I got to my room, things started falling short of my expectations. Granted this room had a fireplace. jetted tub, and water view. But the one I stayed in last year also had a water view and seemed to have more space. The room tapered down the farther in you went. Very narrow at the foot of the bed and the fridge. I had stayed in cheaper places with bigger jetted tubs. This was just a standard bath tub with a few nozzles on the sides. For the amount of room there was, things feel way short of being called a suite, junior or otherwise. Looking through the book, I seen nothing about room service. went down stairs after 5pm on a Saturday night and the dinning area was closed so no dinner service that day. So for the price I paid for the room, things were not adding up. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Not much more I can say there.
The next morning I enjoyed the espresso place in the hotel. So glad they kept them. They do make a good mocha and are very pleasant even at 6 am. Once it came time to check out, again the staff was friendly. So overall, I want to make it clear that the staff was great, but don't get your hopes up about when you get a suite. Just opt for a normal water view room and save a few dollars for the espresso the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Genie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 3606981000.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were very excited to be able to upgrade to a king room with a view and a jacuzzi tub for a decent price. We were pleasantly surprised by the recent rennovations to the hotel and the room had plenty of space and was clean and organized. Unfortunatley we were a little dissapointed to find out that the jacuzzi tub was a single person tub, Had we known, we would have skipped this amenity as it was never used. We decided that it didnt matter because it was nice to have the extra space. Here is the downfall....the number one thing we were looking forward to on this "staycation" was to be able to sleep in and it was my birthday too. Being parents to two young children we were really anticipating the extra sleep with no kids for the weekend. Unfortunatley to our surprise we were rudely awakened at 7:30 AM by loud laughter and talking. We figured that it was because we were located directly in front of the elevator and tried to ignore it. The loud laughter and talking continued however and we realized it was the same voices. We decided to get up and go down to breakfast. We told the gal at the front desk about our experience and she looked in the books and found that there was a church gathering in the anchor room right outside our door! I cannot believe that the hotel would allow such a large group to gather that early in the morning outside of guest rooms on a Saturday. We asked if maybe we could switch rooms and she said that there wasnt any rooms like ours available. Anyway...aside from that situation the hotel was rather lovely. Views are amazing. the pool and jacuzzi was nice and not crowded. The breakfast staff was so sweet and actually let us in on Sunday when there was a time change that we were un aware of and arrived late. It would be nice to extend the timeframe for breakfast for those that do want to take advantage of sleeping in. I would love to come back and stay at this hotel and would reccommend it to those with families as well. I want to bring my kids and play in the pool and walk on the beach. Next time I will make sure I am not located next to a board room or conference room!

Room Tip: Do not get a room near a conference room if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2013

First of all you plan a "Staycation" and research hotels you can stay at in the area. Eliminate hotels that can't accommodate a family of five and don't have indoor pools. This is how I ended up booking a room for five (two adults and three children) at this hotel- under the false belief that they had room for our family. Why did I believe this? Well because when I went to book a room I picked two adults and three children from the drop down menu and what came up as my choices, why a two queen room. I look to see if there's a pull out couch bed or something, which it did not look like it had. So naturally I assumed that meant some kind of a roll in cot bed. That will work for us, so great. I did not call to double check this assumptions... which apparently I should have. The reason why I didn't? Because when I put in two adults and three children this room came up as an option. In other hotels that can't accommodate a family of five this would not come up as an option. Or there would be a note that in order to book that room you would have to call. Well, huge mistake. When I went to check in I got an ohhhhhh, when I told the check in person that I had three kids so I would need a cot in the room. Well, you can't have a cot in *that* room. Well, what room can I have a cot in? Well... I'll have to check. And I'll just check some other people in while you're waiting and about twenty minutes later I'll inform you that, oh not only can you not get a cot in that room but you also can't get a cot in a King suite either. So, there is really no room in the hotel that sleeps five.... even though your computer system let me book a room for five. What she did offer us was some "extra blankets" so we could put a kid on the floor. I just left. This is not a review of our stay there because we did not stay. We had to drive home and explain to our children why they couldn't go swimming in the big pool and stay in a hotel for a night. Thanks Silverdale Beach Hotel.. Thanks a lot.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank KBradberry
BryanShorb, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

KBradberry,
I would like to first thank you for reviewing the Hotel, we have undergone some GREAT changes, one of the best changes is the branding to a Best Western Plus property. In your situation is sounds as though the online booking tool made it possible for more than 4 occupants to book a room, I have personally made the change in the system that will be updated within 7-10 business days to not allow more than 4 applicants. I am truly sorry for the confusion and would love for you to experience our newly renovated property.
Please contact me at bryan.shorb@silverdalebeachhotel.com so I may completely make this situation right for you and your family. I understand how the children were upset, had I known you would have had 2 rooms to occupy and your children would have been so excited they wouldn't have wanted to leave!
Again please understand that my staff's intentions are never to turn away a guest, the opportunity for growth here is a lack of communication to our 3rd party vendors.

I appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to have you and your family as guests in our Hotel soon.

Bryan Shorb
Best Western Plus
Silverdale Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the groupon deal and stayed at the hotel for a night on valentine's day. The hotel has recently compepleted its remodeling and it looks great. The outside looks a bit dated but the rooms were quite nicely done. We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was good. I must commend the staff for their excellent service. There is are shopping malls just around the corner. I definitely will return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: The Water view room is worth it for extra $10
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very small room with an incredibly tiny bathroom, but the view was magnificent looking out over the water. Very nice walking path right along the waterfront. Easy walking to restaurants and stores.

Walked in and had to stand under a ladder while workers changed out ceiling tiles over the front desk at 4pm (check in time). No carpet in hallways, had to walk across sticky stuff the entire 5 days. Since there was no carpet, there was no threshold under the door so there was about a 3 inch gap letting in glaring light at night but extra pillows were in the closet for piling in front of door.

First room I was given had a toilet making a very loud, strange hum. I was moved next door and could faintly hear the hum the entire week. The breakfast items were perched on a narrow counter across from the coffee counter. A few menu items were available in the bar so only ate there once. Food was fine.

The great potential of this hotel was obvious, but the renovation was being very poorly handled. Closing off the end of a hallway to carpet it, rather than stripping the entire floor and taking a week to get it done would have been far more accommodating for the guests. Perhaps changing ceiling tiles, and later the flooring in the main entrance, at a less busy time of day would have been appropriate.

I'll give it another try because it's really got a great view and a lot around it.

Room Tip: Probably worth the extra charge for the water side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Julie L
BryanShorb, Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

The Hotel is completed with the remodel and the guest reviews are fantastic! We have now been branded a Best Western Plus property, please come visit us again.

Bryan Shorb
Best Western Plus
Silverdale Beach Hotel

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We've stayed at the Silverdale Beach hotel several times. We were dismayed at first by the 'Pardon our dust' signs as the hotel is transitioning to Best Western Plus. However, the changes all seem to be very positive. The fitness room is equipped with the best of equipment and now is in a room with a view of the harbor. Our room-both of them-were newly equipped and not as shabby as our last stay. Once the hotel offered a complimentary coffee with your room each morning from the lobby shop. Now the coffee shop is no longer owned by the hotel, but the service is delightful. After my first visit, the clerk remembered my preference and made my coffee my way. Small touches go a long way! The desk staff very friendly and helpful. We will continue to use this as our home away from home when we visit our son and family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot offer good value. The hotel offers discount for more than one night st...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ladydg49

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Where to start! The rooms were amazing!! Very clean and spacious and the waterfront location can hardly be beat. The staff was super friendly and accommodating! The food was great! I'll definitely be back if I travel to the area again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#6 of 8 in Bremerton
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!