“Great place to stay on the lake!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed one night traveling for work. My room was not on the water so I asked for a water view. They were very nice and switched my room. They have a complimentary full buffet breakfast which I enjoyed with a water view! There is a pool indoors I believe but didnt have time to enjoy. There are a lot of shopping areas. I did make it to the mall!
Very nice enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Genie P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 3606981000.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

They have a great piece of property there, a beach right out your balcony doors. The bar is a fun place to go at night, and pool is indoors good for kids to play if they can swim. The staff is friendly and always helpful. I stay here everytime i'm in silverdale.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The front desk folks were friendly but neglected to tell us that a band would be playing in their lounge until one a.m. and that our room would be right above it. Pounding loud. They offered to change our room that night but we were all settled in already and it would have been a big hassle. Large pool but super dark in there at night with such low lighting that it was impossible to read poolside. Good location and view of the water. Bed and towels were not of good quality. Morning breakfast mediocre. Overall, Oxford Suites down the street is a better hotel. I understand they are remodeling, so it may improve after that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I read the reviews for this hotel before I made my reservation and decided to take a chance, as the place was dog friendly, on the water, and I don't much care whether the front desk personnel bend over backwards for me or not - get me in and out, that's really what I want. It was a beautiful weekend in the Seattle area and my husband and I (and two dogs) wanted to explore a new area.

Working at the front desk was Veronica, and she could not have been friendlier. I had paid for a water view room with a balcony and was unclear as she was looking for rooms (I arrived an hour before check in) whether the rooms she was looking at had the water side view. She asked me if I'd been at the property before and when I said no, she took the time to walk me out back so I could see the view we would have. I asked for a room on the first floor and she was also able to accommodate me.

I laughed when I got to the room when I saw our beds. Another reviewer said "where were the comforters?" and we, too, had no comforters on our beds. A knock on the door five minutes later delivered our freshly washed blankets. The courtyard was very nice and the view was beautiful. It was very nice to be able to let the dogs out the back and to sit outside in the crisp clean air. It was an extremely restful couple of days.

The breakfast consisted of bagels, English muffins, fruit, potatoes, eggs, sausage, yogurt, and cereal. About the same as you would find at a Hampton Inn, maybe even a little better. IT WAS FREE! No complaints here.

That was my experience. Now for the bad.... I didn't have a problem with it, but the restaurant at the hotel had live music playing from 9pm - midnight. I could see where some people staying near that end of the hotel would have a hard time sleeping through that. There was also a big fire pit outside and a lot of people making some noise - not a big deal in my book, but some might not like it. If we didn't have the dogs with us, we would have been right there with them.

The stains on the carpeting.... I have to agree that there were some stains in the hallway we were in (Room 121). I don't know if it was food or something else, but I could see where people would be annoyed by that.

Other than that, I gave it 4 stars because at $124.00, it was a steal and exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: If you are bringing pets, it's a good idea to request a room on the first floor with the doors t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We planned on staying four nights, after one night we moved across the street. Our room room was small and dirty, hardly room to move around, mildew in the tub, air conditioner a joke, several light bulbs out, the sliding door was off the tracks and could not be closed or locked and the view of the water was lost because the double pain glass was fogged inside. The internet was down until the new owner took over and the customer service was non existent. When we complained all they could say was the owner did not want to spend any money on the property since the property was sold.

Room Tip: Stay at the Oxford Suites across the street. Great value, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Stew45
BryanShorb, Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Stew45,
Thank you for your comments and the review, as part of the management here at the Hotel I am pleased to annouce that the conversion to a Best Western Plus is in the midst of happening and very quickly. In this transition we are replacing carpets in rooms, Tv's, hallway carpets, furniture along with bedding, paint and other exterior and interior improvements.
In any case I want to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff for not taking care of any housekeeping, maintenance or building issues that you had while you were staying with us. Please contact me as I would like to not only refund your night you were here but also give me an opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Silverdale Beach Hotel

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I can't review this hotel as I am just planning my trip.

So far what I see is word-for-word canned responses to any negative review, and promises that the facility will be much improved once the refurbishing is done.
The most serious complaints seem to be about the lack of service and the attitude of the staff...and this can't be fixed with paint, better sound insulation, and fresh carpets.

Staff will reflect the attitude of their management. I think that he/she needs to look inward to find the best way to change the reviews from negative to positive.

I guess I will go next door (or somewhere down the road).

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jack C
BryanShorb, General Manager at Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Mr. Jack C,
Thank you for your comments, at the Hotel we try to answer all available questions in a timely manner, if you have anything in which I can answer I am available 24 hours a day via email or please call the front desk at 360-698-1000. The responses to other posts I can only say that we are under renovation and that we are making the guest experience better for everyone becoming a Best Western Plus serving everyone possible with the BEST guest experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel has no consideration for their customers, whatsoever, be it for their security or well being. #Fail

They have been running helicopter rides about 5 yards from our balcony for the whole week-end. We had a nice stay last year. We won't come back.

The front-desk is totally useless and still wondering why we are complaining, no manager is available either in person or on the phone.

They look at us like we have no right to complain. It is now 8:30 pm and the Helicopter just left for the day. They landed this morning at 9:30. 11 hours of non stop rides, just outside our room.

Do not come to this hotel, who know what surprise they'll have for you next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from "helicopter suites"
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SeattleTraveler67

As part of the Hotel when someone is dissatisfied with a room I take care of everything I can within the means of the Hotel. On this weekend the event for Whaling Days that happens every last weekend of July was happening. The event coodinator asked if we would be a part of the community and host Helicopters taking off from the Hotel to oversee and give rides to customers and guests. This was a very successful event and in no way was it to harm the property, guests or vacation of anyone.
Please let me know if there is anything I may do to make this right as the Hotel treasures the peace of mind any of our guests like to have when on a Vacation or "staycation."

Bryan Shorb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
Oxford Suites Silverdale
#1 of 6 in Silverdale
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
#6 of 8 in Bremerton
Flagship Inn
Flagship Inn
#3 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!