“Pretty good BBQ, I'd go again”
Review of Famous Dave's - CLOSED

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
sequim, wa
“Pretty good BBQ, I'd go again”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I've only been once, but the one experience I had was quite pleasant. I got an order to go on my way through town and the To-Go girl was very nice and friendly and gave me plenty of napkins/condiments/silverware without having to be asked. I didn't have to wait too long for the food, 10-15 minutes. The brisket was good, so was the fries. I thought the prices were a little high for the portions given and that would be my main complaint. The decor was nice, the place was clean. Id recommend it.

Olympia
“Awsome visit”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I visited Famous Daves in Silverdale last wekend and had a great time. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was awsome.

Bremerton, WA
“Customer service Clearly Needs Work!”
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Recently on a weeknight around 6:30 p.m. my wife and I visited the new Famous Dave's in Silverdale, WA (#3163). We ordered the Feast For Two with ribs and brisket. Our waiter came back to the table and informed us that brisket wouldn't be ready for another 20 minutes. We reluctantly substituted the chopped pork. It was very tasty, but for me ribs and brisket define real barbecue. It's very hard for me to understand how a barbecue restaurant can run out of brisket at the dinner hour. The only explanation appears to be poor planning. Later that night I completed a phone survey described on my receipt and informed the company of my experience. One of the restaurant's managers contacted me by phone the next day to discuss my experience. He was very courteous and informed me that he would like to send me a certificate for a complimentary Feast For Two to rectify the situation. This was not my idea, but I told him that was more than fair and how much I appreciated his kind offer. A week and a half went by and I received nothing, so I called the restaurant to ensure that it didn't get lost in the mail. The manager who had called me was not in when I called, so I talked to a gentleman who identified himself as the general manager. He apologized for the fact that I had received nothing, told me he would check with the other manager (whom he said should have logged the information about my complaint) and would rectify the situation. He once again took my home address. After five days I had still heard nothing. I'm really sorry, but at that point I believed the employees were "pulling my chain". So I sent one last complaint to corporate headquarters via their web site. That's what it took for the on-site general manager to finally send me an e-mail gift certificate for the dinner I was promised. But at this point, it's likely that I won't eat at the restaurant again. Unfortunately, I have grown accustomed to this kind of customer service from corporate businesses that obviously really care about nothing more than the almighty dollar. Very sad indeed!!

1 Thank Lim48
Bremerton
“Don't waste you time”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We've eaten at other Famous Dave's throughout the country and have been very pleased. The Silverdale restaurant was a big let down. Figured it was due to the restaurant being new, appears this is not the case. I've contacted their corporate HQ twice about our concerns and was assured twice that the local branch would contact us directly. Three months have passed and no action from the local ownership. Below is a brief list of areas that Silverdale needs to improve upon if they wish to stay in business. Remember, they're in the same location as the last BBQ chain that closed, Tony Roma's.
-Greasy floors throughout to the point of being a slip hazard.
-Over cooked ribs to the point that I could not bite into the meat on
the edges.
-Little meat, lots of bone.
-Feast for two/three portions small compared to other locations.
-Door greeter needs a personality, most people came into lobby to put name on list, only to find out that greeter at door was taking names.
-Obvious push to get patrons in and out quick. Meal arrived very
quickly, even before place settings had made it to our table. Waitress arrived half way through our meal to see if we had saved room for dessert and if we needed takeout containers. Clean-up crew was always hovering around, including the apparent manager, waiting to clear and reset the table.
-Sweet tea marginal, tasted something between regular iced tea and sweet tea.

The local Franchise/Partner could apparently care less about responding. Since our visit, others at work have had their own disappointing experiences and we've encouraged them to write. Appears they've gone from hurrying patrons in and out to just not serving them. A co-worker of my wife got up and left after sitting for 15 minutes waiting for service. Another group had changed their order to take-out about 30 minutes after placing their eat-in order, 50 minutes after being seated. They appear to be busy everytime we drive by, guess time will tell. We'll be driving to Tacoma the next time we get the urge for Famous Dave's.

3 Thank SeasonedTraveler56