“Good BBQ”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #26 of 132 Restaurants in Silverdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch today. Unknown to us FD had discontinued thier lunch menu for weekends. When asked about it our waitress graciously asked the manager if it was ok for us to order from the weekday lunch menu. We were pleased that they let us. The food was delicious and if you love BBQ you'll love this place. Service was very good and friendly. Only thing that keeps me from giving 5 stars is lack of Lunch menu on Saturday.

Visited February 2014

Sasebo, Japan
“Stick to the Ribs”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Having lived in Texas long enough to know what good barbecue is, I can't say that this location is my first thought when the craving hits, but the ribs, though small, are pretty tasty.

Stick to the ribs.

The brisket and chicken have been dry and overcooked every time I've ordered them and no amount of bottled barbecue sauce is going to make it any better. I've ordered the sausage a couple times, but it was all fat and very greasy. Not a big fan of the pulled pork, either, as it is also very dry and has way too many fillers.

Most of the sides are pretty good. Although the corn tends to be overcooked and starchy, the other items were good accompaniments to the meal. The cornbread muffins have been hit or miss, usually miss as they can also be dry and very dense.

Despite the drawbacks that I see, this is still a popular place, so the wait staff is usually kept busy and seem to be in a big rush to get you cycled through for the next party.

• Visited November 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Average food, crazy bar, good service.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We met some friends here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch & to watch some NFL games so we sat in the bar. I'm guessing some of the crowd got there early & were already loud before the 1:30 games started. Once the games began a few fans became unbearable, yelling at the TV's & opposing fans sitting at other tables. I love football & understand rivalry & the playoff implications on the last week of regulation football, but these guys were obnoxious!
I loved that the bar had so many TV's & were able to show all of the games. It was great seeing so many fans wearing team gear for so many different teams, other than the previously mentioned jerks. It got so raucous I felt bad for the wait staff & other patrons. I did notice a few people come & go pretty quickly, obviously not finding the atmosphere worth watching the game.
It would have been better had the food been better, but it was just so-so with meager portions to boot. My BBQ pork was about 50% outer crust of the roast, evidenced by the extreme saltiness & fat content. I opted for the two meat option & the brisket portion was tiny with 4 or 5 very thin slices atop a slice of toast. For sides I had the beans & fries, both were very tasty. I think my beans had more meat in them than my order of brisket.
Our server, Amanda, was great, always had a smile & was quick to refill the beverages at our table.
We left after the 3rd quarter & the only way I'd ever go back would be if it were my only option to watch my team while I was in town. I would just hope those obnoxious fans' teams were playing at a different time.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Several Visits”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We eat here periodically when visiting Silverdale for shopping. Food always tasty and reasonably priced. Experience with staff always positive and cheerful. You need to like BBQ!

Visited September 2013
Poulsbo, Washington
“What Are the Odds--FAT”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I took 2 youth and myself out for lunch. One of the youth's ribs were half fat. I asked the waitress to replace it; the answer "NO." The manager on duty came over to say that there is fat on them and wherever it falls, that is the order that will get it. They would not replace the part that had the Great Blob of Fat. The youth was groused out and would not eat it. He was a gentleman and eat what he could, but after looking at the piece of meat on his plate would not touch it. So, needless to say: I will not be back nor will I buy your gift certificates for family or friends.

• Visited February 2013