“A nice surprise in Shelton Washington”
Review of Sisters Restaurant

Sisters Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and I were on the road heading home. We were looking for a place to eat breakfast and after 30 minutes on the road we entered Shelton Washington. We saw Sisters and decided to stop in. The resturant is relativly new to Shelton. The restaurant is nice and clean inside, and no clutter. My husband ordered #5 Eggs sunny side up, hashbrowns, ground beef pattie cooked med. rare. and sourdough bread. His eggs were cooked perfectly and he was surprise to find his ground beef pattie also cooked perfectly. I ordered a 1/2 ordered of biscuits and gravy. The sauage gravy actually had flavor to it. It was cooked fresh from scratch and not out of a can. The waitress (who is also the owner) kept the coffee coming without us having to ask for more. I ordered hot tea and was happly surprised that she came with a basket full of a variety of teas and also packets of real honey. We will definitely be back when we pass through Shelton Washington again.

1  Thank Jolene L

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Right on the corner of Railroad Avenue and 1st Street in Downtown Shelton, this is a good basic restaurant for all age groups. The menu has a variety of food and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and the service was quick.

We had breakfast here and I really enjoyed the options given on the menu. There was a long list of 1-egg and 2-egg combinations with substitute items and one even had 1/2 serving of hash browns. I love hash browns, but sometimes you get a plateful of potatoes and little of the rest of the food. A lot of restaurants have only the major menu combinations and if you want something different you have to ask them to "hold" something back (like Jack Nicholson in "Five Easy Pieces") even though you pay for it, or order ala carte, which is always more expensive.

The food arrived hot and tasted good. Nice start to the day.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sisters has quite a large menu, very nice inside, fast service and good prices! I'm glad to see this restaurant doing so well in this little town and by the way, its next door to a bookstore! Another reason for stopping by!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The title is a good summary - the waitress was very nice and cheery, the place was very clean and bright (lots of windows). The breakfast was okay - I got a 'light' inexpensive breakfast and my partner got a regular breakfast. Add 2 regular coffees and it was $18.00. The home fries were okay and the breakfast in general was okay. The cottage cheese (substitute item) had a big frozen lump in the middle and the tomato (substitute item) was a very pale hot house tomato.

1  Thank ColvilleB4
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant reviews are often based on food that was eaten, however, I'm going to start off this review with a little different take. My 6 year old grandson and I stopped here for dinner as we were passing through Shelton. When we entered, we were immediately greeted by Acacia who welcomed us and told us to make ourselves comfortable. She came to our table and asked what we would like to drink and she looked at my grandson and started to tell him his choices and she started off with hot chocolate, that was all he needed to hear. She really engaged us with a beaming smile that was genuine! I excused myself to use the restroom and all I can say is WOW! I have never seen as clean and shiny of a restroom in any restaurant. This is big for me because it shows the standards that they have for cleanliness.

Unfortunately, I had a tooth pulled earlier in the day so I couldn't choose the great looking entrees that they had for dinner. I chose an egg salad sandwich and salad as a side. My grandson had the grilled cheese sandwich and fries. I have never seen him completely eat his entire meal in a restaurant, but this time he cleaned his plate! My sandwich was great, it had a very ample amount of egg salad on it which you don't always find in a restaurant. I watched Acacia as she interacted with other patrons and that smile was constantly present. We left very satisfied and I left a very generous tip because I was so impressed by her friendliness and attentiveness to her customers. As I was making sure my grandson was secured on the car, she came out to the parking lot and thanked me for the tip I had left.

This is a great family restaurant and I can't wait to return to eat again once my mouth heals and I can eat one of their great looking entrees. You won't go wrong dining here, the food is great, the cleanliness is phenomenal, and the service is spectacular!

1  Thank JEFF H