“Could be better, could be worse”

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Redmond, Washington
“Could be better, could be worse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Place seems nice when you walk into the lobby but then you get to the rooms and........ Blah.
House keeping leaves a bit to be desired. Everything looks clean but then you notice all the finger prints and dirt on the picture frames hanging on the wall. I don't think they have been touched by a cloth in a year or more. We had a Spa room and it was nice, but just okay. Lamp in the corner was there for what? Looks like there should have been a round table and two chairs there but all that was left was the lamp. No point in ordering room service since there wasn't a table to eat at. There was a desk in the corner and one chair and a one person couch type chair filling a corner by the spa tube. There wasn't anyway to have two people sit together and enjoy breakfast or even a glass of wine. Kind of came off as Motel 6 Chic. You get what you pay for and it was cheap and I would probably stay here again just for the price. The casino was fun, the golf course is beautiful and the food in the restaurants was actually very good.

Room Tip: We booked a regular room for one night way in advance and for some reason they upgraded us to a spa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
belfair
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I thought I'd give my local casino, Little Creek another chance, they have an updated NON smoking area, and rumor has it that they've loosened up their slots a bit, so in I went.
Now like I said before I only give gambling reviews, not the food or hotel. there are plenty of folks who only review that.
Well, I never thought it would happen, but after over 12+ years, I finally hit a jackpot back in March of 2014! I hit on the Triple Fortune Dragon out of nowhere, unfortunately I'm not even close to being caught up from my years of losing, but at least I finally hit! It seems it was short lived however, about a couple months after the new ns area opened, it seems they've slammed their machines shut again. Now you can go in and double your money most days, like if you put in $20, you can get it up to $40, but if your trying to play the big bucks, like I do, I'm sorry to say, your not gonna get it here. Most places will give their high rollers a little more payback percentage, but at little creek, you can slam $250 on the higher bets till your down to $5 and never get a bonus round!! {it happened to me today}. Now most places you'll at least get a bonus round and some of your money back, but not a L.C. They don't care if you don't come back either, but they will send you like $20 in the mail after a couple of months of not playing. Their comps aren't too bad, you will get a free room, and probably $100 a month free play. I would definitely suggest playing the non smoking area if you like high denom slots, stay away from the older section of the casino where all the meltdowns are. You can't get your comps there either, fyi.
I do want to say, if L.C. management is reading this, your staff is really awesome! You've done a great job improving your customer service, Roger the bartender over in Non-smoking is the best in the south sound area, trust me the guy can make a drink and he's about the most pleasant around!! The drawings they have during the week are pretty "meh" but the elderly bunch tends to like it.
So thanks for the one jackpot L.C. after this many years of giving you thousands of my hard earned money, I think I've had about enough. For those who say they win here alot, good job! you are very fortunate. But for my play time, and amount I spend, the little Lucky Dog just down the road will have my exclusive play from this point on. And I'll be taking the cheap flights out of Bellingham to Nevada when I want to hit the machines hard. At least they will pay me a couple hundred once in awhile, and I don't have to spend it first!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank bingoqueeny
Belfair, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Room we stayed in was non-smoking King Spa Room. The room was very nice minus the frame the comfortable pillow top was on. The frame was too large and at the foot of bed had a big gap. It could be dangerous is someone got there foot stuck in it. It made the whole beauty of the room look tacky. To get to the non smoking you have to walk through the smoke filled casino. We ate at the buffet and we loved the food but again smoke was in the air! The Non Smoking is just a short feet away from smoking, The Non smoking should be enclosed! The staff was great and the Hotel Staff receptionist Taylor was full of wonderful hospitality! It was our wedding night and she gave us a bottle of champagne and to cute wine glasses to keep! Casino overall a 3 star. Machines very tight!

Room Tip: Choose rooms right about Hotel reservation desk if you are a non smoker.
Montesano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stay every now and then and spend an evening gambling and having a good time. The room is always clean and the beds very comfortable. There is a reasonable breakfast in the Grill. The rooms have Kerig coffee pots and good coffee and usually a few bags of the best tea ( Dee's Tea ).
The staff is polite and they have a very nice spa. I have had a massage and a pedicure there and it is very relaxing.

1 Thank Joy H
naselle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very nice R.V park and very nice and helpful staff thank you Joey & Mike for going way and beyond to be very nice and helpful.. We will be back.. The casino is very nice..But very tight machines.. I was not a winner =( maybe next time.. We will be back..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Auburn, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived shortly after 5PM and booked a king suite which my coupon even stated. I booked this hotel well over a month ago and they put us in a king standard room. I called the front desk and they put me on hold for over 5 minutes, then decided to come down to the front desk. They connected with Star, who stated she was a supervisor, and said there were no king suites available and that she personally booked my reservation (OVER A MONTH AGO) and REMEMBERED telling me it was a king standard room.. I had changed our initial reservation even, so she then continued to say I was aware of this.. They did (after much discussion) give us a 40.00 voucher for food. the next morning I called due to the buffet not re-opening until 11:30 for lunch and asked if we could have a 12:30 checkout, and was told NO. So we ran up and packed everything up and took it to the car. Twice in less than 24 hours two bad experiences with customer service. I doubt I will ever stay here again. Customer service is what people want, not someone lieing to the customer...

4 Thank kristineedwardson

Travelers are raving about these Shelton hotels

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Reviews, to be somewhat fair, have to be based on the expectations that are reasonable for the price and the property. A Motel 6 could earn 5 stars based on their delivering a level of service that was perfectly in line with expectations. Therefore, the average rating here is based on the simple fact that the entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke.
The service was fine, the hotel is not bad, and it is generally what you would expect from a rural casino. But they need to do something about the smell, for their non-smoking guests.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Jimmy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,131 reviews
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!