“Quick Birthday Getaway”

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We wanted to getaway for my birthday and looked for last minute rooms at casinos near the Portland OR area. Little Creek was the only place with a room. When I made the reservation, I was told we would have a non-smoking room. When we checked in, we were told we were in a queen smoking room. I was a bit disappointed, as neither my husband nor I smoke. They do have some type of ozone machine to minimize the smell. The room actually didn't smell that bad for a smoking room. We ended up getting a great deal on the room because we played BINGO. I advise checking if there's a BINGO game going on during your stay, as you can get a standard room for cheap. Just make sure you mention it when making reservations, as we almost didn't get the rate. The rooms were a decent size, and the beds were comfortable. The room was clean.
The bar in the casino had great entertainment for the evening (it was a Friday night). There were some technical difficulties during the BINGO game. The game lasted 4 hours. I've never been in a BINGO game that long, although I don't play very often.
We ate dinner at the buffet, which closes at 11 on the weekend. The food was still good, even at 10:30pm.
All staff was friendly from check-in to check-out. Spent a lot of money on slots, but didn't get many points on my player's card. Casino doesn't seem to be very generous with points.
It was a nice getaway, and I would go again.

Room Tip: Check out any deals before hand, and mention them when making reservations.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benzosmommie

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to see Howie Mandel. We decided to spend the night when we arrived we were greeted at the front desk with a non smiling clerk. She seemed annoyed that we requested a room that was close to the elevator. At the restaurant we had to wait for someone to seat us, again we were made to feel that we were a bother to the staff. The food was okay for the price. When we returned to the same restaurant in the morning we were asked " what do you want?" I responded to eat breakfast. Server was friendly and our food was great. Casino was okay but if you are staying in the hotel you have to walk thru the smoking area to get to non smoking casino. Will probably stay again to give them a second chance at improving the service.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank asferguson
Reviewed February 15, 2014

On our way home from the Washington Coast had the opportunity to stay at LCC RV Park to watch the superbowl on 2/1. Relatively new... nice bathrooms / shower if needed and full hook-ups with just enough space and plenty of grass. Includes access to all hotel ammentities. If headed to LCC then a great option to rooms at the resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn_and_Lana
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Non-smoking room smelled like a cigar convention. Even the bedding stunk and my sniffer doesn't work that great. Service was OK as was the room. Rooms not near as nice as their competing Casinos. Check out Clearwater Casino. .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Ferd B
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I came for my Birthday, one night January,22nd. We got there at 2pm and the check in girl was quite rude and told us we had to wait till 4.
We walked around and had a nice lunch, by the way, best fries ever.
When we passed the check in counter an hour later, we noticed they were checking people in, so I stood in line and a different girl gave us our room!! She was polite and friendly.
Our room was nice and clean, and we brought our dog, who barked at the guy vacuuming, and he was not upset, in fact all the staff was pleasant to my obnoxious dog. They really like dogs!!
The casino, on the other hand, had rude people. They won't acknowledge you when you have a question. It got to be kinda comical. We had dinner at the grill, my seafood salad was way over priced for what it was, the steak special with prawns, however, was fine for my Boyfriend.
The slots are tight, like everyone else mentioned. The pool was great. Now the best part, the breakfast buffet, the women who worked there were awesome, the food and variety were great. They even had delicious fried oysters and peach cobbler. The price was awesome.
Next time we go, and we will, we will board the dog and spend more time finding the perfect slot!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dale D
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were given a free 2-night stay in a king jacuzzi suite and we stayed Jan 17th & 18th.

Having never stayed here before, we were quite excited. The room was HUGE. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful, although in a little weird location. Its part of the master bedroom and totally open to the room (unless you pull the "shutters" closed around it).. which is fine... it just makes the toilet completely exposed to the room as well. However, there is also a half bath in the suite so we mostly used that for our "business". They advertise the beds as custom-made pillow-top beds, and ours was horrible. Worn out and needs replacement badly. The 2nd night we even gave it a quarter turn and were still unable to sleep. Besides that, the room was very nice.

In our opinion, the buffet was WAY over-priced and the food was mediocre at best. You get a lot more for your money at other casino buffets in Washington, namely Clearwater Resort. My boyfriend had the buffet but I was not hungry enough to pay $25 for it. I got food to-go from the deli for $10 and they let me eat it in the buffet with him.

We played for many hours in the casino, and were ahead for awhile but just continued to play and give it back. Totally fun though. No complaints there, we didn't expect to make a bunch.

We are going back for another free weekend in February and hope to get a different room/bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went for my birthday, 21st of December, did not win but we had allot of fun!! Are at the buffet and was disappointed in the food for price. Staff was friendly.
We stayed in tower two non smoking room. Smelled nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We will be back thank you little creek for a wonderful stay,
Susan

Room Tip: Top level tower two no Smokey smell, my friend stayed in the smoking side and her room was very cle...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Stay Beyond Inn & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Robin Hood Village Resort

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!