“Little Creek not so little!”

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had the opportunity to travel down to Shelton and stay at the Little Creek Hotel and Casino in early December. The room was lovely and very large with all the amenities you would need for a great stay (fridge, microwave, coffee maker). The bed was very comfy too!

The Seven Inlets Spa was also very, very nice, great massage and a beautiful facility with everything you need before and after a massage.

The Casino is also very nice, and I'm especially happy with the non-smoking portion of the facility with a separate entrance so you don't have to walk through the smokey part to get to it. It was small, in comparison to the smoking area, and it was packed, so maybe it's time casinos start making these areas bigger???

We ate at the Friday night seafood buffet, it was fair. I can't cite anything that was wrong, but the food was just okay.

The staff here, from the front desk to the security guards are all very friendly and helpful.

It was a very nice little getaway and we'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia M
There are newer reviews for Little Creek Casino Resort

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the first hotel I have ever visited that actually charges you for the room at the time you make the reservation rather than when you check in. Our credit card statement showing the room charge arrived home before we did and showed they charged us 2 weeks prior to our stay. I thought it might have been an error so I called the hotel. The clerk indicated that so many people are making reservations and not showing up that they have to do it this way now. It makes sense to me that you would be charged if you failed to show up and did not cancel within 48 hours prior, but weeks ahead of time?

The room itself was clean and spacious. They've gone to the white triple sheeting so the room looks different than the picture on their website. It was probably the quietest place I've ever stayed. We were on the 3rd floor during midweek and never encountered another person on the elevator or in the hallway the entire time. The light in the bathroom wouldn't always come on and there were some big cracks in the floor. No fan either, so the mirror fogs up when you shower.

Although the hotel and casino are connected, it's a little hike to get from one to the other. This wasn't a problem for us, but my elderly mother and father were thinking of staying here and I advised them against it. Possibly they have specific rooms or transportation available to people with walkers, but I would check that before I stayed here if you have any mobility issues.

The slots weren't particularly kind, but not worse than anywhere else. My problem with the casino was their selection of machines. My favorites are generally the older Aristocrat machines, followed by Konami. Of my favorite 25 machines, I found 1 of them. If you're a fan of WMS or the Meltdown machines you might like it here. My slot buddy didn't care for the machine selection either.

With the exception of one cashier who was rude to both myself and my traveling companion at separate times, the staff in the hotel, restaurant and slot floor were friendly and helpful.

Although the room was nice enough, the policy to charge you at the time of reservation is not acceptable to me. For that reason alone, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank playingtheslots
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night in room #216. The first night we got a great travelzoo deal of $119 that included a $100 spa credit and $20 gambling money, which the just hand you $20 bucks. So that basicly paid us a buck to stay there.

The 2nd night a book a stay and play promotion the hotel had going for $139 which included a $60 spa credit and two free breakfast buffet, great deal too.

Hotel room: the cleanliness was average to good. The shower pressure was very light and the mattress needs replacing. My husband and I kept ending up in the middle of the bed b/c it was so soft and indented in the middle. There were cracked tiles on the floor. The room we stayed in was next to something outside that made a lot of noise, I would choose another besides this one. But with all of that said, I would stay here again.

They have a restaurant here called the Squaxin Island Seafood Bar and it is amazing.. I will write a separate reveiw for that along with the spa.

The gaming seemed tight, we left lighter in the pocket book, but always expect that.

The problem we had was upon check out. I had to book over the phone b/c of the travelzoo deal and they didn't email a confirmation so I wanted to make sure everything was good. The first night under travelzoo was perfect. The 2nd night under their own promotion was a mess. The manager was the one helping me. She told me that the play and stay was $249. I told her no it was $139. She said not on weekends, she pulled out a binder that had the prices. She said she could give it to me for $169. I pulled up their website and showed her the $139, any night of the week, but the deal was even better, it now had a $100 spa credit. She didn't seem happy about honoring the $139 and she wasn't about to give me the $100 spa credit. She stated that the spa already sent down the $60 credit. I was standing at the spa listening to the woman charge our room the spa and nothing was ever said about what credit we had. But she was so flustered I just let it go. So my one recommendation is to get an email confirmation so you know everything is correct or book online if you can.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 216, loud noises from outside machinery.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kortkass
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I don't gamble here because it seems they have tightened the machines down so much! Had the buffet there yesterday, dungie crab was excellent, ribs were sooo good, good value, the pot roast had good flavor bit was so tough it was hard to cut with a sharp knife. People are very nice and helpful in the buffet!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 12, 2012

LIttle Creek Hotel and Casino is a nice little place just north of Olympia. I stayed one night because they sent me a coupon for a free night in a suite. The suite was lovely - very large with lots of room for a larger party. Some of the inconsistencies for me were the cheap amenties, dirty phones, and threadbare sheets. I expected more from a suite. ALSO even though I had a non smoking room, the halways and public areas all smelled like smoke.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OlympicPeninsula2
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The minute I walked into the hotel lobby, all I could smell is cigarette smoke. I had booked a non-smoking room for the weekend for a convention I was attending. The room was not too bad smelling, but I could still smell cigarettes and the rest of the hotel was filled with smoke. There was no barrier between the casino game room and the hotel, except an open corridor. The staff was helpful, but the rooms weren't all that clean, my room had stained carpeting and the bathroom floor needed a scrubbing, I wore shoes that entire time I was in my room. If I hadn't needed to be there for the convention I never would have stayed and I will never stay again. They do have a non-smoking casino, but not only do you have to walk through the smoking area, but there is no barrier between the two. I had to clean every item of clothing I took with me and fumigate my luggage when I got home. This is not a place for anyone with sensitivity to cigarette smoke, or for that matter, anyone who wants to breathe!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Darlene K
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night (September 29-30). The property is large, clean, quiet and has a peaceful feeling about it. The staff at the Hotel, Casino and Restuarants were SO NICE !!! the staff left us with the feeling that they like their jobs....all of them were great!!!
The hotel has several areas to sit inside and outside....there are seating areas in the lobby and various ares throughout the hotel, and even though the hotel was fully booked, it did not feel crowded. Out beds were the coziest beds I have ever slept in ( we have stayed at many, many hotels.) The casino website does not reflect how beautiful this property is ! When you drive past it on the highway, it does not look like much, but trust me....once you park your car and take a walk around this grounds and the interior, you will want to spend some time here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank shugirl2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Stay Beyond Inn & Suites
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!