“Great Place to Stay & Eat”

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Captain Cook, Hawaii
“Great Place to Stay & Eat”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Anytime we are in the Shelton area we enjoy staying here. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker plus free wi-fi. As one reviewer stated, the toiletries by Sky Sisters are top quality and are also available to purchase at the front desk.

The seafood bar is amazing! Fabulous oysters, crab, mussles and the crab bisque and clam chowder are to die for! The adjoining restaurant is also good.

We have stayed here many times and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mikietoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have stayed at this Hotel a number of times over the years and always been more than satisfied.
We stayed for one night on our way to the Oregon Coast in April and on our way back last week.
The rooms are large and very comfortable with excellent amenities. The toiletries are by Sister Sky and are among my favourites at any Hotels that we stay at on a regular basis. Housekeeping staff are cheerful and attentive and always ready to help with anything needed.
My only criticism on our last two stays is that over the number of times we have stayed there since 2004 is that the Front Desk staff are not as cheerful as the crew that used to be there. It was difficult to get a smile from the young lady who was the same person checking us in and out.
The Buffet is very good and the staff there are superb...always fun as well as efficient and they always remember us!

I have seen criticism on here about the 'smoky' casino so would like to address it for anyone else who may read the reviews. Between the Casino and the Island Grille and Seafood Restaurants there is a smoke free zone which acts as a buffer so that smoke is highly unlikely to affect anyone eating in those Restaurants or to drift through to the Hotel.
You do NOT have to walk through the main Casino to reach the Non-Smoking Casino, there is a very attractive walkway on the exterior of the building which leads you directly to the Non-Smoking Casino.
This trip was 2 one night stays but we usually go back for 3 days in September and look forward to it every year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside of the Hotel so you don't hear any noise from the rooftop ventilat...
1 Thank Arden44
travelku
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Island Grille between the hotel and casino has always had pretty good food but the new chef is taking things to a whole new level! If he worked at Terra Vista at Snoqualmie Casino they could actually truly refer to it as a fine dining restaurant and it would be the truth!

We started with an appetizer of skewered prawns wrapped in pancetta with a sauce of wasabi and sour cream on the side. The prawns were served over a finely julienned salad of apple, carrot, summer squash, red cabbage and red onion in a light vinagrette. This was wonderful!
We then enjoyed chicken duxelles from the specials menu. The chicken was juicy and succulent with a Jack Daniels sauce and was served with mashed potatoes (skins on) and veggies.

I truly loved the sauce with the appetizer and when I asked the server the ingredients, the chef came out and told us what was in it.

I will be making the rather long drive more often now that he is cooking here!!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelku
Port Hardy, BC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We love this place, excellent value, great rooms, super friendly staff (we were remembered at the buffet from our 1st visit last October). The food is outstanding and Prime rib and Dungeness Crab on the buffet every night. Lots of RV parking in their lot so it will be a great stop for our RV trip.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet!!
1 Thank krisPortHardy_BC
rochester, wa
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stay here often. It's near our hometown, but we feel like we are a million miles away. The staff recognizes us when we come in now! This hotel is very beautiful; Native decor throughout, big pool and jacuzzi area, and the food at every venue is outstanding. We stay in the smoking rooms, and they have vaulted ceilings so the room seems HUGE. I could bring my exercise trampoline! But I don't because I'm here to play and eat. Room service is fast, and food is always hot. The Island Grille Restaurant is my favorite-the chefs prepare muscles, oysters, clams, all right in front of you and the prime rib is definitely the best I have had anywhere. There are always deals, such as buy one night get one night, and once you start using your players club card, they will send you coupons in the mail for even better deals. And if you win big here, they will send you coupons for free nights!! Also, there are three big areas for slots and cards, and poker tourneys upstairs. Oh, wi-fi works great here, too. If golfing is your thing, they have just built a huge golf course near the hotel-you can see part of it from the hotel room windows. They have karaoke in one bar on Wednesdays (my thing) and a fancy cigar lounge on second floor (his thing). They always have famous people performing in their auditorium- we have seen Kenny Rogers, Chris Isaak, and will be seeing Tanya Tucker and Crystal Gale this month! Great venue for concerts!! Sometimes I come here by myself for an evening of peace and quiet-quieter than most of the places we have stayed and I feel very safe by myself here.

Room Tip: There are no discount rooms on the night of concerts-but if you do stay on concert night, stay in To...
2 Thank kay g
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Since the resort has expanded their lodging and added a new golf course, it's a fantastic close-to-home get-away for a weekend, or longer. We love the fresh seafood bar, and the buffet is delicious. There is a large area containing the casino and a second non-smoking casino with a deli. You truly feel well-cared for with all the room amenities, including some suites with full kitchenettes and spas. The swimming pool area is perfect for families and includes a sauna and hottub. Plenty of free parking. Free entertainment nightly. Many concerts and shows are held in the hall across the way. There is also a gas station/grocery/liquor/deli store on sight that sells local seafood and smoked salmon.

Room Tip: Standard rooms during the week cost as low as $99 a night, less if you are a club member. All have c...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janette R
Olympia, WA
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This resort property is adjacent to Highway 101. The Squaxin Island Tribe has done a very nice job of growing the property over time. They added a new wing to the hotel recently and a brand new golf course. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very comfortable. The property has one of the best non-smoking casino wings I've ever been in. This week I enjoyed a lovely lunch in the smaller restaurant. I've enjoyed many fine meals at the buffet. My only complaint is with the sales staff. Had to go wait at the hotel for a full hour when no one from the staff returned my call. Then, tried to arrange a dinner for 40 to 50 people (didn't mind paying $40 per plate for a buffet/per person charge plus 18% tip). Nixed the deal, though, when they wouldn't waive the $250 room charge for the dining space, especially since our guests would likely book three to seven rooms, as well. A minor point, I suppose, but you would think a hotel would negotiate with large groups. They must not have needed our business.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RSStone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!