“Show review”

Little Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed February 29, 2012

we drove about 1 1/2 hr from Seattle to see a show here. yes it was smokey, but everything was clean . it was a great place/venue to see a show. BTW-Isley Brother's was best show ever!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debntim1

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Smoky, very, vey, very smokey. I know it's a casino, you are allowed to smoke, but there is absolutely no ventilation ;( gross!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank squinsey2016
Reviewed February 20, 2012

great location (nice 2 hour drive from Seattle), FANTASTIC STAFF!, great value, fun casino, yummy food! I will definitely come back often!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I visited this hotel as part of a two-day conference. It was one of the worst experiences I’ve had in a hotel in quite a while. If you must go to a casino in Western Washington go to Tulalip or Snoqualmie, they are far superior to these and are located in areas where there is more to see than just a casino.

The facility is new(er) construction, and about the nicest things I could say is some of their tribal art is cool and they are not quite the pit of despair that is the Emerald Queen Casino. As for the rest, it was terrible. While the rooms were nonsmoking they all had that oily-cheap cleanser smell that just covers up odors rather than eliminates them. The smoking part of the casino is between the hotel and the deli and gift shops so smelling like cigarettes was unavoidable.

Meeting Rooms: I asked at numerous desks for a map so I could find our meeting rooms and the staff acted like they’d never heard of such a thing. Others had the same problem as I did, and reported wandering around lost looking for our rooms – the art is exactly the same on every floor and hung in exactly the same spot, which doesn’t help if you are confused about where to go! The AV in the rooms was lacking in every sense of the word, at one point during a luncheon the speaker had to tap his microphone every 10 seconds to get it to work – with feedback and static, of course! There was very little signage, and the food provided at meetings was mediocre (Pepsi poured into a pitcher and left to sit on a table for 45 minutes is not my definition of “refreshment” but perhaps I’m too demanding.) Their “Ballroom” was tiny and more boring-hotel-meeting-room than “ballroom.” The event center larger but although they had snack bars (closed, of course) there were no vending machines for people to get sodas or water from – and our coffee ran out 45 mins in and was not refreshed.

Restaurants: My husband and I arrived at the Grill, as our waitress put it, “on the cusp” between lunch and dinner. She offered us a choice of which menu to order from, lunch or dinner, but we both had to order from the same one. I’m not sure why it would have made any difference? The next morning room service started at 7:30, I tried to place an order at 7:45 and kept getting an answering machine asking me to leave a message and they’d get back to me. I did so (the call was never returned) but as my time was running out I called the front desk to see if they could help. The desk connected me with the restaurant directly, and the girl who answered told me she’d have to ask her supervisor if they were doing room service at all, but gosh, you know, there was this “large group that had taken over the place” (mine), the restaurant was “totally full” (my hubby walked by 10 mins later, it wasn’t) and they were “short staffed.” I can only attribute the above litany of excuses to poor planning on the hotel’s part. No other restaurants in the casino complex opened until 9am, which meant that our best option for breakfast if we wanted to get to our meeting on time was a truck-stop style blueberry muffin from the coffee stand in the lobby – and we were grateful to find that!

Rooms:
Check in was easy, but no one smiled at me the whole time and the girls at the desk were so busy discussing personal details about one of their “regulars” that I wanted to apologize for interrupting them to get my room key. The rooms were large, as others have said, but unremarkable. The beds were not particularly firm, outlets inconveniently placed (I hate having to twist myself into a pretzel to plug in a charger!) and the temperature difficult to adjust. The walls were also pretty thin, as we could hear every word of the conversation the ladies in the room next to us had – fine while they were getting dolled up to “go out” at 6pm, not so great at midnight when they returned to their rooms drunk and shrieking with laughter. I barely slept, even with my white noise machine going. The bathroom floor had cracks spanning the length of the room, and the toiletries provided were in such small bottles that I was inclined to ask the front desk for more even before I took a shower because I was sure I’d run out! One final note – I know that hotels have an interest in cycling guests through, but it seems terribly unfriendly to me to post large signs in the room declaring the check out time is 11am. People should be informed on check in, or get a reminder from the front desk/housekeeping if they stay overlong, and considering they charge $50 deposit on check-in and that much again if you dare bring Fluffy I’m sure this establishment would be quite comfortable with fining “guests” who are late checking out.

Final summary: Don’t go. The employees treat the place like it’s their house, or club, rather than a service-oriented business, which makes them treat guests like an imposition. I was sure they’d charge me some penalty for wanting to check out early but instead they made me extremely uncomfortable by demanding to know my reasons for doing so. At least, at the end, they cared…?

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank LadyoftheMoon
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stay here often and always find everything better than average. Rooms are clean, large, and are well equipped. Rooms have refrigerator, ironing board, hair dryer, flat screen TV, coffee maker, micro wave, and even in room save (tower I only). There is even free WiFi. Beds can be a bit soft for some taste so bring your own board if you have to have supper firm.

There are discounts available if you pre sign up for the players club. Also there are various senior discounts for meals and room rates. Best rooM rate is for actIve or retired military.

Hint: casino can be smoky,try non smoking section at North end of building

Room Tip: Second floor tower 1. Is my favorite
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carpetguru
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The hotal at Little Creek Casino is an above-average facility, and far superior to the hotel at Emerald Queen Casino in Fife, WA. Very clean, large comfortable rooms.The overall facility has a warm, rustic mountain lodge-esque vibe.

A number of dining options are available. A cafe in the no-smoking end of the casino, a quality buffet, a seafood bar and a traditional restraunt, Food is also available inside the large sports-themed lounge, as well as in a smaller bar on the 2nd floor. We've never had a bad meal at Little Creek, but we're never really been blown away either. On balance, the buffet seems to our favorite.

The casino has recently benefited from a nice facelift and is very welcoming and comfortable.

The (indoor) pool area is fairly nice, although not located in the most convenient location in respect to the rooms and elevators. Not terribly inconvenient though. Privacy is lacking however; all the foot traffic coming from the casino to the hotel walk right past the large windows that look into the pool area.

We have always received excellent service from a welcoming and accomidating staff. Also, for poker enthusiasts, Little Creek has one of the better tournament schedules around. Worth checking out.

It may not be a "5 Star" facility but as the title states, we've stayed there numerous times, and will again. It's a safe bet.

Room Tip: No real suggestion here, all rooms seem on a par with each other
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank esarsea
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Little Creek Casino in Shelton WA. The rooms were nice, decorated in colorful native indian decor, and have wifi.
Little Creek resemble a large lodge. It has several restaurants from espresso/snacks, buffett, a cafe, and 2 upscale restaurants.
There is a large indoor pool, lots of close parking and valet service.
Although I dont think the resort is 100% smoke free, we are non smokers and appreciated the fact that the room did not smell like an air freshener had been sprayed to mask a smoke smell, like we have experienced eslewhere. Also, they must have a good ventilation system in the actual casino because we did not have to walk thru a haze of smoke, and our clothes didnt smell like smoke later.
They have smaller seperate venue where you are up close to perfromers like Chris Isaak, George Thorogood and others

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dacarr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Stay Beyond Inn & Suites
Robin Hood Village Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!