“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Tacoma, Washington
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Little Creek Casino in Shelton WA. The rooms were nice, decorated in colorful native indian decor, and have wifi.
Little Creek resemble a large lodge. It has several restaurants from espresso/snacks, buffett, a cafe, and 2 upscale restaurants.
There is a large indoor pool, lots of close parking and valet service.
Although I dont think the resort is 100% smoke free, we are non smokers and appreciated the fact that the room did not smell like an air freshener had been sprayed to mask a smoke smell, like we have experienced eslewhere. Also, they must have a good ventilation system in the actual casino because we did not have to walk thru a haze of smoke, and our clothes didnt smell like smoke later.
They have smaller seperate venue where you are up close to perfromers like Chris Isaak, George Thorogood and others

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dacarr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was my 4th, 5th or perhaps 6th stay. Must say - I most likely will not be going back. Did I win in the casino - Yes! Was the hotel wonderful - NO!. Worst pillows, thin blankets and limited accomidations for traveling with elderly parents. If you are looking for a "budget" overnight casiso/hotel experience in Washington state than this is it! Front desk staff, etc. are sloppy, etc. Entire experience was very unprofessional. Everyone wis nice but lacking experience/training.

Room Tip: Be cautious if traveling with eldery or those not 100% stable on their feet. Bathtubs have no bar o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank seattlematt1956

Travelers are raving about these Shelton hotels

Bainbridge Island, WA
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I am sitting in my Little Creek hotel room and reading the reviews. I tend to agree with most of them. While the rooms are large and reasonably priced if you have a player's card, the staff is rude, misinformed and unpleasant. The restaurants are NOT handicapped friendly. My 19-year old special needs son and I checked in last night. It was our first time here. We dragged ourselves in from a 2-hour drenching rain drive down to Shelton. The staff was neither friendly, nor accommodating when we tried to chat about the weather and our drive. The handicapped parking is a long city block away from the entrance. We were not informed that we could get a discount with a players card. When I registered later at the casino for a player's card, we were told to go back to the hotel desk and get our refund for overpayment of the room-nearly a $60 difference! The casino staff couldn't understand why we weren't told about this normal discount procedure. The hotel staff said that my son could walk directly through the casino to get to the restaurants. We did this and were kicked out of the deli because he wasn't 21. They suggested that he wait alone in the lobby while I purchase food. When I told them that he could not be left alone because of his disability, they kicked us both out. We ended up eating hot dogs at the local gas station. There's no free breakfast buffet either! Some resort vacation! I don't think I'll go there again!

Room Tip: Don't bring children or special needs family members.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Olympic Peninsula
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Second time and probably will be the last...rooms are good sized with tasteful decor. The main drawback for me was the way-too-soft bed. I ended up placing the ironing board between the matress and box springs to make it barely sleep-able. Almost without exception the staff was surly and the practice of everyone displaying their empty palms for the overhead cameras makes you wonder how big of a theft problem do they have at the buffet and gift shop?

Best food we had was at the buffet and that was an OK breakfast. As others have commented, lots of smoke and smoke oder, even where active smoking is not allowed. However, they do have a non-smoking area of the casino where the smell is minimal. Usual assortment of table games and slots with minimum bets of $2 at BJ and $5 for the other games which is a plus. But signs posted saying "All conversations at the table must be in English" just doesn't set a very friendly tone, even to this English-speaking guest!

Since I travel to visit casinos, there are other locations on the road where I get an overall better value and experience for my money.

Room Tip: Check the bed if you don't like ultra-soft matresses
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Yesterday was my second and last trip to this Hotel casino property. My first visit about a year ago was OK but got bad vibes from the hotel personel. Unfriendly and aloof from check in to dealers, to the buffet. This time, recieved a icy cold check in experience and indifferent attitudes from much of the help. Upon checking out today, which is at 11:00 am. I was walking to exit my room at 11:05 am just as room service was knocking and telling me very matter-of-factly it was check out time. No smile, thank you, just get out! So I got bad vibes at both ends of my stay at Little Creek. Never again.

ps, Bed was very very soft/un firm.

Room Tip: If casino action you want in WA, go to Silver Reef.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Easystreet
Olympia
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Little Creek for one night, as a quick adult overnight get away. Our room had two queen beds and was large and nicely appointed. Nothing real fancy but big and clean. Our room overlooked a parking lot and dumpster area, so not a nice view but we werent there for the view. The bathroom and shower area was nice. Nice hot water with great pressure in the shower.

Bed was super comfortable with a pillow top on it. Slept very well. Rooms seem well insulated. We did smell a faint odor of smoke even though we were in a non smoking room. I dont know how they could keep the smoke out of the hotel when the whole resort and casino is smoking.

The pool area and lobby was very nice.

The restaurant on site was packed so we left and didnt eat breakfast at the hotel so we cant speak to the food.

We paid 109 for our room which I think was on the high end for what we got, but we wouldnt mind staying again. We did ask for an upgrade and were told they were booked solid.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olystacy
Port Hardy, BC
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Chose this place on-line because it offered a great rate, $109 per night, 2nd night free(Sunday-Thursday). We planned to stay 2 nights but stayed for 4 nights because the staff at the hotel, casino and at all the restaurants were all friendly and helpful. We loved the Sunday night seafood buffet, the chef really knows how to cook seafood and fish(the prime rib was pretty good too!) It is really close to shopping in Olympia and has just opened a golf course. The room are very spacious and the beds are super comfy, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were some of the features we like. The comps here were great,seniors days $3 meal voucher and $5 free play Mon-Tues and discounts at all the food services and gift shop. We have found nothing that compares to this hotel in value for service or comfort in all the other casino hotels we have been at in Washington, Oregon and Nevada. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Room facing parking lot has better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krisPortHardy_BC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel

Been to Little Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!