“Great, reliable meals”

The Strip Steak House
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Steak House. In order to make good food you have to start with good food. You can't buy mediocre ingredients and somehow expect the best results. We work hard to make all of our food the best we can.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I love this little place! I can always count on getting a nice meal with friendly service. I love the halibut fish and chips, but have tried the salads and burgers with satisfaction, too. They are great about substitutions, and I've always had prompt service. Located in the historic business strip in downtown Shelton, the "home-town" atmosphere and sense of days gone by when downtowns were the central part of local community. It is the perfect way to support locally owned business, and have a great meal doing it. Oh, and I LOVE their mushroom lentil soup!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food tasted good and was presented nicely although very salty tasting. Our party ordered two meals and both had great flavor/taste. The bad news was the service was average at best and certainly didn't match the high price of the food. No one really greeted us at the door so we just picked a table and waited for service. As other reviewers have stated it is overpriced for what you get and it only has average service. Probably not a place I would visit again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Have gone to this restaurant a few times and found it very good. I like the garlic fries! I always order chicken so I don't know if their steaks are tough. It does need to be in a different location because it is often overlooked.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I enjoy the atmosphere especially the small tables near the windows and the food is good, but the steaks have been tough.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Way over priced for the community. Standard type meats and not acceptional cuts. I just don't look for this place to be in business much longer