“Food for everyone and A+ service!”
Review of Suzan's Grill

Suzan's Grill
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: American
Shelton, Washington
“Food for everyone and A+ service!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

NOTE FOR PARKING* there is parking in the back, you are NOT limited to just on the main road. Found this out on our last visit.

FOOD: great fresh food here! They roast and do most of their own meats including pastrami and roast beef! I have been very pleased with the freshness of the salads and the size of the portions. I can never finish off a meal so I always end up with a 'to-go' box. They have a burger selection that always makes my husband drool while he tries to decide on what to get. Their soups are very tasty and I just wish a cup was a little bigger for the cost.

COST: this is a $$-$$$ priced diner and in my eyes, worth it 95% of the time. Seafood is fresh, meat is fresh and locally prepared, bread is fresh and very tasty and their veggies/salads are high quality. I have brought friends and family here to eat and have yet to see someone unhappy with their experience.

SERVICE: One word; AWESOME! Fast, thoughtful and always with a smile. I always like a hot cup of tea with my meals and only once did I have to wait for some hot water to be heated.

For you foodies: they do have a burger challenge!! Check them out if you are into that sort of thing ;)

Olympia
“Great "hole in the wall" kind of place. Good food!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was in town recently for training and looked on Yelp to see what some good choices were and I saw that this place had high ratings. I stopped in and here is what I think.

The outside looks a little bit like a dive and the parking in the back is a little sketchy with the trailer park right near. I saw some interesting and savory characters near the trailer park and was hoping my car was safe. Turned out it was not a problem.

The server was super nice, quick, and friendly. She was attentive without being annoying. She kept my pop refilled, took my order quickly, and was knowledgeable about the menu.

I ordered an omelette which was huge and very tasty. Not greasy or runny. The hashbrowns were the home made shredded crispy kind! YUM!!!

Food was a bit over priced in my opinion but it was good and nice sized portions. I could only eat half of my omelette.

The inside of the restaurant is a little "divey" but I came to eat and hey! I was in Shelton, so I didnt expect much else honestly.

I would go back to this place and recommend it if you arent super picky about locations or appearances of restaurants.

• Visited May 2012
Shelton, Washington
“Good breakfast spot but limited seating”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Limited seating and parking but good old fashioned breakfasts.

Visited March 2012
Shelton, Washington
“Big size food for your dining dollar!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Susan's has a large menu and lots of food for your dollar. They specialize in breakfast, at least that is when I visit most. I love their omelet plates. I take home half of my breakfast there is so much food. It is a small family restaurant but pleasantly clean, bright and airy feeling for the size of the restaurant. They also have outside seating for the warmer season. Service was pleasant and welcoming.

• Visited December 2011
Lynnwood, Washington
“Stick with the value menu”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Suzan's is another place in Shelton you have to keep an eye on the hours. On our second effort, we got in. Suzans is a small place and the atmosphere isn't too bad but it seems overpriced for the experience. They do offer a value menu consisting of about 9-10 items for $9.99 each. My chicken parmesan wasn't too bad for that price. The meals do come with a salad, side, and a little dessert. Suzan's, like a lot of restaurants in Shelton, have that American food style menu. Some items do reach the $20 range or more. Our server was efficient which helped. Suzan's is not a bad place, but it could be nicer if you're going to spend $20 on a meal.

• Visited September 2011