“A perfect destination for relaxation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Phil and Kelly, you made our 4th annual girls’ weekend a real treat. The bed & breakfast is beautiful (and huge!), and the Captain’s Quarters was perfectly spacious for three of us. I slept on the twin sofa sleeper, and it was just as comfortable as a regular bed. The mini-golf and outdoor lounge chairs made it easy to relax, and the breakfast you cooked was beyond fantastic. Also, I loved the fact that the game area had a cribbage board! Thank you so much for the wonderful service and delightful conversation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank verbal_parade

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Phil and Kathy Bergh were our hosts for a wonderful two night stay on Hammersley inlet, not far from Shelton Washington. Picturesque and private the B&B was designed and built from the ground up to provide comfort and relaxation for the guests. The gourmet breakfast made me want to just lurch back to the room for a nap. Kathy is an excellent chef and her cuisine reflects her passion. All aspects of this B&B have been designed to provide for the comfort of the guests it's not a 'home' with a couple of spare bedrooms and a bathroom at the end of the hall. There are four spacious rooms, each with a different theme and separate bathroom. A quality home theater, pool table, and miniature golf outside on the beautifully landscaped grounds. It was a delightful stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fritts73
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Phil and Kelly were wonderful hosts for my husband and I visiting from Germany. They made our second honeymoon something we will never forget. From the wonderful conversation to the beautiful setting, you would be hard-pressed to find a better B&B. They even popped popcorn for us to enjoy in their home theater! It was a joy and I would hightly recomment A Lighthouse on Hammersley to anyone.

2  Thank Roo22222
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I've stayed at the Lighthouse at least 25 times - it was 15 miles away from an on-going job, so this became my home away from home for three or four nights each month. This is the perfect place for a quiet get away - a place to relax, rest, renew. The home itself is gorgeous, both architecturally and the way Kelly has beautifully decorated. (Check it out at Christmastime – she outdoes herself then!) The breakfasts are delicious, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the downstairs movie room is a wonderful way to relax and unwind, the bathrobes are luxurious, and the little “extras” are amazing – the chocolates and the nuts, the biscotti to go with your morning coffee… Phil and Kelly offer a warmth and personal attention that is unmatched. Enjoy the water-side picnic areas, the “tower” breakfast nook, the upstairs library/balcony or any one of several other sitting areas. The attention to detail and the warmth make this a couple steps above your average bed and breakfast experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelguy20000
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have just returned home from attending our granddaughter's high school graduation in Shelton. We thought it would be nice to stay in a B & B rather than our son's nearby home - too much commotion for the grandparents! Little did we know that our three days at A Lighthouse on Hommersley would be one of the best experiences we have ever enjoyed.

We were completely in awe of what Kelly and Phil have created. Their dream, their "labor of love", overwhelms the senses. Having a little experience in home construction, I was amazed to learn that this 10,000+ custom home was built in one year which might suggest it was hastily "thrown together" somehow or other. Quite the opposite. The attention to detail and overall quality of the facility leaves nothing to wish for. Kelly's creative interior decorating sets the nautical mood and Phil's enjoyable stories fill in all the details about how it all came together.

The food, the ambience, the peaceful setting, the great hosts, the friendliness - we could go on and on. It was just remarkable! We would highly recommend it - plan to stay several days if you can - you will not be disappointed! We plan to return as soon as possible; our only problem is finding an excuse for why we're not going to stay with the kids!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baginflag
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This property is amazing. In all my travels, I have stayed at many acclaimed B & B's and have never been impressed enough to write a review - however, this B & B offers a top notch experience from many perspectives. First, if you don't like B & B's, consider giving this one a try. It is beautifully situated and a gorgeous, open, modern yet very comfortable construction/decor style. And impeccably clean (and I am considered OCD in that category).

The host/ess are wonderful people that "appropriately" cater to your every need and the breakfast was scrumptious. I want to bring my family down to experience this Inn and all that it has to offer. Give it a try - I promise you will not be disappointed and will look for reasons to return to the area just to have a reason to stay here.

1  Thank LynneSeattle_WA
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Someday the folks at the Travel Channel will have a reason to drive out to Shelton, and that’s the Lighthouse on Hammersley. No, it’s not actually a lighthouse, which is rather fortunate since an actual lighthouse would not be as expansive, warm, or delightful. An actual lighthouse, for example, would not have 4 spacious guest rooms with individual bathrooms complete with double sink, 2-person tub, mini-fridge, ceiling fan, and deck-side doors with a view of a rather secluded inlet (read: NO ANNOYING JETSKIIS).

An actual lighthouse would likely not have a 200 gallon fish tank set in the large living room, adorned with portholes for viewing from the hallway. Neither would it have a 65” surround-sound theatre room downstairs, bar, or pool table. In fact, none of the other B&Bs we’ve ever stayed at had any of these things either, and that doesn’t even cover half of the details. The nautical theme throughout was done wonderfully and tastefully with a fine attention to the small details. There was no sense of “kitsch” or “nick-nacky-ness” that is the trap of many themed places. We both felt a child-like wonder as we were given our tour of the entire facility by the owner and proprietor, Phil.

Which brings me to the best part: Phil and Kelly were fantastic hosts. Phil was ready to greet us at the door the moment we arrived, and he even took our bags to our room. Kelly’s breakfasts are first-class. I ate dishes I had previously disliked prepared other places, but apparently they only were lacking Kelly’s personal touch. I am not much of a breakfast person, but I found myself cleaning my plate each time. Phil and Kelly were both so friendly, warm, and accommodating that even though I would feel far outclassed, I would welcome them to our home anytime as they welcomed us to theirs. My wife and I both look forward to seeing them again.

1  Thank splangy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!