“This is the most wonderful B&B ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Gig Harbor, WA
“This is the most wonderful B&B ever!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've had many lovely experiences staying in bed and breakfasts, but this one beats them all. Phil and Kelly were warm and welcoming from the minute of arrival and throughout our stay. They anticipated our every need, so all we had to think about was relaxing and enjoying the beautiful setting and delicious food. There aren't enough stars to describe the Lighthouse. We can hardly wait until we can return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have just returned from a fantastic overnight stay at the Lighthouse B&B. Phil and Kelly are fabulous hosts! Phil won't let you lift a finger, and Kelly is a divine chef. Their graciousness and hospitality make you feel comfortable and at ease, and the ambiance of the facility itself is definitely top of the line. The setting is quite tranquil and the view is gorgeous, as well. All of these factors together make a stay at the Lighthouse B&B truly a rewarding, relaxing and reinvigorating experience.

This was my second trip to the Lighthouse and I assure you, it won't be my last! I have done quite a bit of traveling over the years, and have stayed in many 4-5 star hotels, and in high end B&B's and pensions. The 5 stars I have given the Lighthouse are most definitely earned!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My Step-Daughter recently was married at "A Lighthouse on Hammersly B&B. Phil & Kelly Bergh were outstanding hosts. Phil actually performed the very memorable wedding ceremony. Our group filled the guestrooms for the overnight experience, and it was grand. The food was top quality as was the service. I would recommend this B&B to anyone. Thanks Phil & Kelly.
Steve Mitchell

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Danville Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a travel often and for business trips and generally stay at the closet most convenient hotel to whatever event I am attending. Since it was my first trip to Washington and I was traveling alone I decided to have a little more privacy and quiet plus a safer environment than the traditional here is your key and see you if have an issue. Boy am I glad I made the choice to stay at the Hammersley! Phil and Kelly are AWESOME! They attended to my every need and even map quested my day trips! But most of all their B & B is amazingly beautiful. When you walk in you feel as if you are home. The living area is like a large lodge, huge, full custom sofas with a 2 story wood burning fireplace and a kitchen that would make Emeril feel at home. Plus the downstairs area with exercise room and massage table if needed. My room was so comfortable I spent most of my time there just admiring the views of the waterfront. Kelly is so attentive that she even has snacks and goodies in your room just in case you need a pick me up.

Clean is an understatement the place is shining, even my OCD brother would love it! Breakfast is an experience all its own. Trust me this is the place to just retreat and relax, the beauty of it just pours into your soul. Once you go you will keep going back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but couples would especially love the thrid floor with private fireplaces in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

So, we have just been back to A Lighthouse on Hammersley for our 5th time (I think), and I just can't say enough positives about our experience - and can't wait to get back again!!! The setting is beautiful, isolated and quiet (exactly what we want) - but still close enough to the town of Shelton and greater Seattle area to get away and do those things if you desire. Phil and Kelly are such wonderful, friendly, and warm hosts. I love how they remember the little things about us, so we feel special every time we are there. Kelly is hands down the most fabulous cook - I have now had several of my all time favorite meals in her home. We are so comfortable there, and feel that everything about this place is far superior to any other bed and breakfast we have stayed in (and there have been quite a few). I am never disappointed when we go, and in fact, feel like each visit exceeds the previous one in every way - which may be tough for Phil and Kelly to keep up with!! ;o)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Everett
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you long for a get-away that will refresh body, soul and spirit………then, you want to head to “A Lighthouse on Hammersley.” Close enough to the Greater Seattle Area for easy access but far enough away that even if you only stay one night, it will feel like an extended stay!

My husband and I have now made 10 visits to this B&B and we have enjoyed it in every season - Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Each visit has been unique depending on the season, weather, and the occasion. We have celebrated Father’s Day, a Birthday, our 25th Anniversary, New Year’s twice and most wonderful of all, the beautiful wedding of our son and his bride. It was a magical experience in this lovely setting.

The beauty of this Bed & Breakfast with its sea theme both inside and out, and the variety of activities available (massage, pool, ping-pong, movies, games, quiet reading, bird watching, beach time, etc. etc. etc.) make this a destination of great joy. Even more amazing though are the owners, Phil and Kelly Bergh. We have never encountered a more gracious, caring and talented couple. They have created an environment that totally caters to their guests.

Phil and Kelly excel in everything from the fabulous food to the immaculate lodging. They take great care in every detail. Phil and Kelly make it a top priority to know and keep track of their guest’s personal preferences. During our visits, we shared that we loved chocolate. Kelly recently made us some unbelievable chocolate/marzipan croissants as a treat for my early riser husband and then we had chocolate waffles for breakfast with chocolate syrup (along with a fruit parfait, delicious egg dish and a side of bacon). WOW! Our taste-buds were dancing!!! The good food was only exceeded by the excellent service!

To top it off, Phil and Kelly are friendly, personable and great story tellers! You will delight in getting to know them! They are not distant, remote and uninvolved as so many Innkeepers we have met on our travels. “If” you need a quiet place, they respect that and give you the space you desire.

In a fast paced world that can be very impersonal, “A Lighthouse on Hammersley” will be a delightful refuge in which you will come away rested and recharged. We hope you will plan your own visit and make this discovery for yourself.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chocolati-Lover
Seattle
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Yes, mission accomplished! My husband and I have stayed here several times, but our stays have never been as long as we would have liked. At the end of December we were able to stay for 3 wonderful, glorious nights. Just what the doctor ordered. Since we had a little more time, than on our previous visits, we were able to really unwind, relax, read, bird watch, play pool, use their exercise equipment, watch a couple of movies, enjoy the beautiful Christmas decorations, enjoy just being around Phil and Kelly and watch the fireworks from our room. We left relaxed, satisfied and rejuvenated. I felt a little bit of sadness when we were driving away. But no worries, we will be back.

Phil and Kelly are exceptional, wonderful hosts and treat each guest special. They have successfully designed this B&B to be a destination resort, rather than just spending the night, having breakfast and then leaving in the morning. This B&B is tucked away in an inlet with a magnificent, picturesque view. Just being here leaves you with such a serene feeling of comfort, warmth and friendliness. Soooo pristine!!!! Like someone else mentioned, "who needs a 5* hotel when you can have a 10* B&B".

Of course, the food was outstanding and delicious, as it always is. That flourless chocolate cake, that we had for one of our dinner desserts, was out of this world. That dessert could definitely win an award. It has to be one of our all time favorite desserts and they've all been fabulous. I could never have imagined, for one moment, that anyone could make brussel sprouts taste good. But, Kelly, you did!!! They were absolutely mouth watering. Yes, they were that good!!! The scones with the peppermint candies in them, the cheddar cheese egg dish, the Italian egg dish, the Mexican egg dish, the butternut squash, the fruit dish in the morning and the "Orange Jubilee French Toast". Yum!!! Yum!!! Yum!!! Always A++. Okay, I could go on and on but I will stop. LOL!!! Kelly, I'm still hoping that someday you will be putting together a cookbook with pictures.

We slept so well in our cozy, comfortable room. We really enjoy the gas fireplaces, on those cool mornings, that are in the top floor rooms. So fun just to sit and use binoculars to identify all the different variety of birds and ducks, just enjoy the scenery or read. I have mentioned this before, but I do enjoy the roomy bathroom. It's nice to have room to move around and lay my things out! Very well designed.

Yes, I know, it sounds like we are hooked. That's true and we are already looking forward to our next visit. Can't wait!!!

Thanks Phil and Kelly for another marvelous and outstanding visit. Love you guys, you're the "BEST"!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Robin Hood Village Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!