“Great”
Review of Super 8 Shelton

Super 8 Shelton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The July 5 comment had me worried but I booked anyway. Didn see anything like what some reviewers describe. Just nice reliable experience of this chain. Good pillows. Food choices a short walk away. Easy on and off freeway.

• Stayed July 2013
super8shelton, Manager at Super 8 Shelton, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your good and helpful and friendly review for
Super8 Shelton.
Yes, we are trying our best to make our guest happy while they are staying with us.
Sometimes with poor housekeeping/poor maintenance will make our guest
unhappy. Thank you for your understanding and tried us and I am so glad you were
happy with us. You encouraged us to work harder everyday.
Looking forward to see you soon in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely horrific! If the black mold doesn't do you in then maybe the creepy crawlers will if not those then for sure the frayed and loose carpet will get you in the end ...best to sleep in your car if you can't make it to the next town.....we chose this over the only other hotel thinking its a national recognized name they should follow some kind of standards ....nope, they don't. The black mold in my room was on the ceiling in the bathroom and on the wall behind the toilet tank the bugs were on the bathroom floor and the fraying carpet was at every corner in my room the carpet felt damp and it was rippled throughout the room. Like the floor may have had a flood and they just layed the carpet back down. Went to say something to the desk clerk upon going there I overheard the workers talking about the other guests that have complained and they were making light of it so I decided they already knew of the situation I just needed to survive this night and get on my way in the morning! Reluctantly decided to try the breakfast the next morning...was going to go across the street to jack in the box but decided to see what the breakfast was like .first off the breakfast is upstairs in a little nook you can only get there by climbing stairs so if your handicapped your out of luck or rather you have the best of luck, the yogurt was in a metal bowl presumably to add ice to keep it cold no ice, no ice water, no one added anything to that bowl, yogurt was warm, bananas were good, didn't try the milk, warm as well, did make a waffle that was good, had some coffee that was good. I took pix. One thing that was really interesting was the sign on the bathroom door in the room...it reads..close bathroom door when using shower as the steam sets off smoke alarm...I have never heard of this before..it is kind of management to let their guests know by placing a plaque on the door.

• Stayed June 2013
super8shelton, Manager at Super 8 Shelton, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your very much detailed posting your experience with us.
I am deeply apologize for your bad experience with us.
Yes, we painted that room ceiling of bathroom. and I checked all the
room today, and only 1 room had a black mark on the ceiling of bathroom. Unfortunately
you stayed in that room. Soon, we will changed the carpet, too.
Thank you again for your kind posting, and we will do our best to give better service/price and
clean room in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Surrey Bc
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had stayed last year, to volunteer at a rally Car race. were so impressed. we stayed again this year, , Love the convenience of the Place. and the likable Staff. I should have asked for a ground floor, as I have a very bad knee. and no elevators,
I will remember for next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8shelton, Manager at Super 8 Shelton, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing Super8 Shelton.
I am so glad that you had good experience overall with us.

Looking forward to see you soon in the future.
Nest time when you make reservation, please mention 1st floor.
Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was on a trip to see the national parks in WA and the S8 in Shelton was the perfect place to stay on my way to Mt Ranier. The hotel was convenient and clean. It was very comfortable, it was perfect, a pleasant surprise. As an added bonus, the people were very nice and friendly. People usually use these reviews to spew negative but I couldn't disagree more with the neg concerning this hotel. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mount Vernon
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The bed was comfortable so we got a good night of sleep---however---the bathroom floor was filthy! We arrived just in time to change and get to our meeting. I noticed that the bathroom floor was sticky (my shoes were sticking and making a sticky sound) but I was in a hurry so I just got ready and left. We arrived back to our room very late and went to bed. The next morning the floor really got my attention. That sticky feeling with my shoes again. So I took a tissue and wiped a small section of the floor. I couldn't believe the dirt I was seeing. I checked it again---yes, more dirt, even some dark hair. I thought if the floor is this dirty how clean could anything else be? I was really disgusted. I politely told Miss Kim, the owner about this. She was polite and thanked me for bringing it to her attention and they would take care of it. I wonder??? I mean that floor hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I won't be back to check it out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you very much for your time sending your review.
Yes, I remember you mentioned this bathroom floor.
I am very sorry about this poor housekeeping and yes, we cleaned it again.
Please understand that not all our bathroom floor is dirty. Unfortunately you
stayed one room which was happen to be poor housekeeping job that day.
Please comeback and check on us, do not wonder!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Robin Hood Village Resort
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater

Been to Super 8 Shelton? Share your experiences!