“Homey, friendly place! Just the right amount of food...”

Sergio's Family Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 90 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This restaurant is in a storefront in a shopping center. It doesn't look like much - they could clean up the room a bit - but the people are friendly. My dining partner loved her margarita.

The food was tasty, came quickly, the guacamole fresh, the salsa wasn't too hot and the price was reasonable. The steak with my carna asada was broiled to perfection. There was plenty of food, but not so much that you felt like a pig after you were done.

I like to try these little owner-run places as opposed to the bigger chain restaurants. Sometimes you get a bad meal, but that was certainly not the case here. I will go back.

1  Thank dybdahl

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We are a mid-60s couple who love Mexican food, so were looking forward to Sergio's. Ordered the Cadillac Margarita with the Grand Marnier on-the-side. Waiter returned saying they "were out of Grand Marnier." Instead, they used Triple Sec which was just fine with us and it was a double size jigger of Triple Sec which made this the best Margarita we've had in a long while. The cheese enchilada, ground beef enchilada, beans, and rice were not impressive - average at best. The shredded beef enchilada with sour cream and guacamole was excellent. Cost seemed average and service was good.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Ate here 9/20/11. The food was fresh, served hot and a good value. Great salsa and very good enchiladas. Try their Sangria

Reviewed September 5, 2010

My beef chimichanga was filled with ground beef, not shredded; likewise with my pork enchilada; ground meat, not shredded. Food was tasty otherwise. I guess they're trying to keep costs down, but I was very disappointed.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

Been here a lot. I used to come for the big portions, but they have gotten smaller and the prices have gone up. The food is still good though.

One of the last times I visited I had to wait 20 minutes for a couple of Beef Tacos, ridiculous. Their chips are greasy but at least they are free. The worst part of this place is their service, slow, rude and I won't be back.

Been to Sergio's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!