“SPENDY (with a view)!”

Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining in at the beautiful John Wayne Marina. Local fresh seafood,special diets accommodated.Our Pelican Room is now open for expanded dining in a lounge like atmosphere. Appetizers between 3 to 4pm. Dinner served all day, if desired.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'm usually not too shy for spending a little extra for the right ambiance. This place has a fantastic view of Sequim Bay! However, we've eaten here a few times, and I think we're done paying too much for realistically pretty mediocre food. A couple of times the food has been fantastic, a couple of times, very sub-par. Same with staff - they are either great, or, unfortunately - very lazy. Not rude or anything - they just disappear after delivering your food, never to return again... Ration your water!

There are newer reviews for Dockside Grill

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I got to choose and went for sea food dinner! What a great choice! Excellent view, staff and quaint atmosphere. We caught a slow Friday night but still very enjoyable experience. Everything sounded good and both our dinners were delicious with some left over!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our first time here this last weekend after hearing good things, we are local & do visit a fair amount of restaurants in the area close to Port Angeles. The appetizer was a Crab Gratinee ..I hope I have that right since I didn't order that one but it was clearly fresh crab with mushrooms in a creamy sauce (wish I could remember the name of it since I asked the server) baked in with a cheese, served with crusty baguette sliced on angle points broiled with a little compound butter & maybe a little parm/regg grated on top..I'm only guessing about that. The server Lance was enthusiastic/knowledgable..(actually I think he could have made canned peas sound enticing) but was spot on in his descriptions/recommendations. My salmon topped with crab was like a party in my mouth, I don't think I would have ordered the chili polenta with salmon but love polenta so I did, it was good the next day. My husband had the ribeye well done which even as a basically ruined steak the flavor was still delicious, tells one something about the meat quality:) Nice colorful steamed/sauteed veggies on the side. The couple we were with opted for the Scalone/abalone with scallops..believed they were quite happy..I had my first bite of abalone..so with a fresh mind I'd describe it as a very wild ocean tasting firm scallop thing. Oh, the entrees come with your choice of soup or salad which is a nice plus. Nice greens, My dressing was a refreshing butternut pistachio vinagrette. Also a basket of crusty dark bread with a tasty dark oil dipping bowl. Wonderful meal.

1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed November 25, 2012

French type food on the dock at John Wayne Marina. Very pricey and small portions, but excellent. Reservations recommended but don't plan on getting the seat you requested. Have eaten there four times for special occasions.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff is friendly and welcoming and the chef is always willing to accommodate our special requests, I most often go for the Bouillabaisse it is exploding with flavor and various kinds of seafood but have never been disappointed with anything I ordered,crab gratinee appetizer is a must!! you really cannot go wrong it just depends what you are in the mood for!!

Been to Dockside Grill? Share your experiences!