“Like a small town diner but big...”
Review of Oak Table Cafe

Oak Table Cafe
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2010

While Oak Table is a huge restauant, it has the feel of a small town diner where regulars gather, and the waitstaff knows most locals by name(and what they usually order). Their specialty is breakfast with infinite selections. Meal quality is a bit above above average, portion size is huge, and prices are higher than Denny's or IHOP . One breakfast could easily feed 2 people with big appetites. A good place to get a true feel for the demographics and personality of Sequim itself.

1  Thank brunellobabe

Reviewed December 29, 2009

A perfect experience. Wonderful food and a staff with fantastic attitudes. Stole a bite of my husband's bacon and he was smart enough to not leave me alone with it! (even though I'm not normally a bacon-eater) Luckily he doesn't eat jam on his toast so I reveled in the fantastic preserves. Their menu/website shows they now have a branch in Kingston too. The high-quality ingredients and the generous portions justify the prices.

1  Thank hawaii98
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I should have read the reviews first which stated lunch was ok but breakfast is what you should order. We got a gift certificate and tried lunch there. I orderd the soup and salad combo for $10.75 as I wanted something low-carb. The soup, "creamy 'turkey' vegetable" had fake (pressed) turkey cubes, not real, off -the-bone turkey. The salad was good as was the roll. But I could have gotten a much better soup and salad combo other places for a few dollars less. I was still hungry when we left. Hubby had a cheeseburger with waffle fries. It was good but worth $9.75???

Still have half our gift certificate left. I'll order breakfast next time (if I can find anything without high carb potatoes or pancakes)..

Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband is a bit more of a fan than I, he would probably have given 5 stars. For me, the breakfast is the star of Oak Table, with the lunch being just good. The apple pancake is colossal... I think I ate 1/4 and had to take the rest home. I love the blintzes, especially when fresh fruit is in season, and the waffles and pancakes are delicious. I don't really like paying so much for a side of bacon, but I give in almost every time because you can't go out to breakfast without bacon. Great servers and staff give the impression they care about their customers, so that always makes you feel good.

The first time we ate here we were serenaded by a local couple celebrating their 70th (?) wedding anniversary. They sang a love song to an incredibly busy, Sunday breakfast crowd. It was charming.

1  Thank frances1313
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and I stay at Sequim when traveling to Victoria because it is nicer than Port Angeles. This time we had breakfast at the Oak Table because we did not have a continental breakfast offered to us at the Sundowner Motel (*see our review of that inexpensive place). The money we saved on our hotel paid for our breakfast but we would walk away from all continental breakfasts to eat here again!
It is beautiful inside and out. Inside the booths and tables are nicely sized, the floors are wood and the windows are lovely. The walls have great art, the ceiling is amazing. One smaller room opens to the much much larger room where the ambiance is lovely. The table settings are wonderful as well.
I had the French Toast Special which was one egg, 2 pieces of hand made French Toast dipped in the most wonderful batter , 2 strips of the best bacon I have ever had and it was perfectly cooked, coffee and small juice. More than plenty. Total $9-10. Husband had 2 eggs over easy, bacon(4 strips) and toast substituting for the 3 pancakes which were part of the meal. $9ish. Fabulous!!
Cream for coffee was REAL clotted cream not half and half, butter was real, maple syrup was real. Service was amazing, coffee better than great and wait staff were friendly and efficient. We fell in love with the place!
One of our top 10 places to eat Breakfast in the United States and that is saying something!! They serve only breakfast and lunch and are open 7 days a week but Sunday just for breakfast. Amazing place!

1  Thank m.glenn