“Apple Pancake the best”
Review of Oak Table Cafe

Oak Table Cafe
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the apple pancake and it was the best! This will be a required stop when we go through Sequim in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

There has never been anyone to my knowledge who didn't think this restaurant is the best, if not one of the best. We have been eating there about every 3-4 months for the past 6-7 years. Today we encountered friends there who said they come at least twice a month. Food is made from scratch. Portions are generous (I usually order a "scramble" and have enough for three meals). Best pancakes and bacon anywhere on earth. Would you believe that I am a hypercritical person? It is in an old building...may have been a conveerted house. Wonderful stained glass and etched windows look out onto greenery. Loads of antique photos and dishes on walls. Family owned and operated.

1  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Oak Table was the the first restaurant we tried when we moved here 25 years ago. I have to say it was love at first bite. The good management is reflected in the great service and food! Our families get together at the Oak Table because it is the only place in town everyone can agree on. The Oak table has served every age in our family from the youngest child to the great grandparents and succeeded in making all of them happy. That doesn’t happen often, even at home! Everyone has a favorite meal at the Oak Table.
This is also the place we take our out of town visitors. Guess where they want to go for breakfast on their way out of town?

The upside is they are always consistent and good. The food is served hot and tastes great with a unique flavor that is all Oak Table. The service is always good and the wait staff is always close by if you need something. Just ask! They will do their best to accommodate.

The downside? Sometimes there is a long wait to get seated on Sundays or Holidays. It is worth it and the people around you are usually open to friendly conversation.
Also note that it can get pretty spendy if you are not paying attention to the prices, so if you are on a budget, be careful.
If you are just passing through town or here to visit and eating somewhere else - you’ll be wondering what you missed out on! Take it from me! You will miss out!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I found this place about 15 years ago on the internet, and what a find it was! Ironically, the house specialty, the apple pancake (much like an apple souffle) has been the least impressive menu item for me.

A traditional eggs, meat, potatoes breakfast is the most successful rendition that I've ever har (the breakfast buffet at the Bishop's Lodge in Santa Fe is the only close rival). The house coffee is (by itself) worth a trip, and it is served with all the fresh heavy cream you might want to add. There are all of the other breakfast items, such as pancakes, the apple pancake, French toast . . .

This not a chain resturant. In Sequim, the chefs and servers were originally all members of the same family. I understand there is now a "branch" in Kingston WA, but that is run by a family member.

As of my last visit, Feb 2013, this was still the best breakfast anywhere IMO. And it has been so, on my list, for nearly two decades. Consistent excellence. For breakfast.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food at The Oak Table was outstanding, everything was made from scratch and it showed. I had the Mexican omelet, which took up the entire plate and was jam packed with sauteed ham, onions, green peppers and cheese and topped with a delicious spices sour cream. The server was very accommodating and was happy to substitute either a fruit bowl or cottage fried potatoes when I told her I didn't care for toast. I'll definitely be returning!

1  Thank csd2011