“The Perfect NW Dining Experience”
Review of Alder Wood Bistro

Alder Wood Bistro
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sequim Avenue
Description: Thoughtfully crafted seasonal menus and daily specials featuring local, organic and sustainable ingredients from the bounty of the Olympic Peninsula. Food prepared well and served with a smile.
Port Angeles, Washington
“The Perfect NW Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I absolutely love this place. Everything from the edible garden in the outdoor seating area to the truffle fries... I always leave completely satisfied and feeling good. The only reason I can say that this isn't my absolute favorite restaurant ever, is that it's just a little more pricey than I like. That said, I eat here as often as I can afford, it is worth it.

I believe almost all their ingredients are somewhat local - much of the produce comes from Nash's organic farm. The wood fire pizza's and the sandwiches are mouth watering. The interesting seasonal soups and menu specials are always delicious and creative.

I have chosen to eat here on both my wedding night and my first anniversary because it is such a special place. A must for anyone wanting real Olympic Peninsula flavor in their bellies.

Small Town, Washington
“Seasonal, local, and YUMMY”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We tried to get in on Tuesday Tapas night but were going to have to wait a couple of hours. Instead, we went back for lunch the next day. Luckily we went at 11:30 a.m., because it was packed by noon. Be sure to make reservations! There are regular items on the menu, in addition to seasonal selections and daily specials. The menu indicates whether ingredients are from Sequim or other nearby locales. I had "pumpkin pie" pizza with pumpkin puree, bacon, chunks of winter squash, olives, and caramelized onions. My friend's order (a type of wrap) came with homemade french fries, which were very good. They had creme brulee, carrot cake, and a wicked chocolate dessert of some kind, but we ended up too full to try them.

Seattle
“America's Next Top Chef”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

There will always be someone who isn't happy; no matter how good the food or service is. That is what I have to think about the few reviewers who gave such low marks to this remarkable restaurant. The food was incredible, as was the staff. I mentioned the Alder Wood Bistro at my local grocery store, (in Seattle) and ended up in a ten minute conversation with someone who is there often and three people who were taking notes on how to get there. My husband and I will be back and are even planning a trip just to eat there.

“This is my favorite restaurant ever...I am not a novice.”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I am fortunate to live an hour away from Alder Wood Bistro. I keep bringing my guests, neighbors and friends here. If this were the prototype for a new wave of restaurants in America and Canada, then we would all be a happier and less warlike people. Not to mention a lot healthier people. That is a tall order for a restaurant to live up to, but Alderwood Bistro really does.

Everyone I bring to this restaurant loves it. I know I am not wrong. From the 15 year old from Virginia, to my septgenarian neighbors...everyone says, hands down they loved it.

Personally, I top off a day of hiking in the Olympics and head for Alderwood Bistro afterwards. Everything they do is outstanding. The brick wood fired oven and the local sustainable foods is only one part of the quotient...the rest is art and magic.

Go there and try to get your local restaurants to try to replicate what Alderwood Bistro does on an affordable level, and the world as we know it will be transformed.

Lancaster
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If only all food were this 'slow'.”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We arrived without a booking on a busy night, but the friendly, welcoming staff quickly sorted us out a romantic place at the cozy bar. For appetizers, we had the pork slider special (clearly popular that night) and the white bean and bacon soup. Mains were the alder wood planked cod and the meatloaf, both of which were scrumptious. The meatloaf, in particular, with its buttermilk mash, kale and mushroom gravy, was the ultimate adult's comfort food. These were washed down with a couple of local ales and a big F'N Syrah, none of which broke the bank. Throughout the meal, the staff were attentive without being intrusive. As obvious tourists, we felt very welcome in this gem with a large local clientelle. It was a memorable evening and we'll certainly be back next time we're in town.

Been to Alder Wood Bistro? Share your experiences!