“what a find”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sequim Avenue
Description: Thoughtfully crafted seasonal menus and daily specials featuring local, organic and sustainable ingredients from the bounty of the Olympic Peninsula. Food prepared well and served with a smile.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a great find and a very pleasant surprise. The food here is really great. Very fresh and tasty. I was so surprised to find this little gem in Sequim. The flat bread was great, very tasty, I could have eaten just flat bread and a salad. I had a steak which was cooked perfectly. My husband had mushroom risotto and was very happy with it. The food is all local and seasonal and so is the wine and beer. The prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food. I wish I had room for dessert, but I was stuffed, the servings are not too big but they are generous. The service was great. Make reservations the place is small.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I eat there whenever I can. Local, organic delicious seafood, meats and other. Sophisticated food with the best ingredients and great service.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Make certain you have a reservation---they stay packed and for good reasons. The service is good (a little slow but well-informed), the menu is great, as is the wine list and the food is excellent. Be certain to save room for dessert because they are special. This is a "must-do" if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Finally Sequim has an authentic fine dining establishment, or is it that I just found it?

Last week my husband and I made a reservation at the Alder Wood Bistro to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We wanted something special and found it here. The only negative is the price puts this wonderful food out of our range for any but special occasions for us. It is hard to justify $100 dinners very often (that doesn’t include alcohol).

The food was simply outstanding. Every dish was prepared to perfection.
They did not rush us and the meal was leisurely and casual.

If you are looking for great food and can afford it then this is the place to go.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had heard this was the nicest place in Sequim and luckily we snagged a reservation as we pulled into town. There arent too many tables so you want to make a reservation. We had the fresh fish of the day which was a plank cooked halibut. I had never experienced the Pacific Northwest favorite. The asparagus served with it was so fresh. Our server had a lot of personality and their was a wonderful extensive beer/wine menu. The restaurant handled a situation of a broken light bulb just right. I have nothing bad to say about this place - because it wouldnt be true to do so!