“great base for biking the Olympic Discovery trail”

Lost Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Sequim B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We chose LM Lodge based on its proximity to the Olympic Discovery biking trail, and were delighted with the experience in all regards. Dwight was there to welcome us, and provided a very helpful orientation to all significant sights, best hikes, viewpoints, access to the bike trail, and restaurants. Kathy generously printed out trail maps, and steered us to a local bike shop (Ben's Bikes), where they provided up to date info on construction on the trail that was helpful. The breakfasts were outstanding each day! Great menus and beautifully presented! We were out and about so did not spend much time at the lodge during the day, but it did appear to be very peaceful and welcoming - a great place to relax and read or other quiet activities. Our room was lovely, and we enjoyed the fireplace each evening - and also the fact that we could open the window and hear a symphony of frogs! Would highly recommend this as a quiet, romantic get-away, and, as in our case, also a great base from which to ride the discovery trail and explore the many beautiful natural sights in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

KAWarma
Thank you for sharing your experience while you were at Lost Mountain Lodge. We do hope you will return soon and enjoy more of the Olympic Discovery trail and our lodge.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I visited the LML over the past weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This bed and breakfast is definitely peaceful, and even though there are other people staying in the same area, it's really private. Dwight and his staff are so accommodating, and we loved that he sat down with a map of the surrounding area to help us have a better idea of what Sequim has to offer. The serene outdoors, hot tub, spacious suites, and comfortable furnishings make this lodge a wonderful place to kick back and relax with your other half. It's a perfect place to get away from the every day hustle and bustle by allowing you to focus on the more simple things in life.
There are only a few suggestions I would make for this lodge to be even better: 1. It bothered me to hear the guests above us stomping on the ceiling early in the morning, which awakened me before I was ready to be up for the day. Although, I do understand that this home is rather old and there may be no way to fix this. My husband was not awakened by the sound. 2. The lodge could use an update on the interior and decor. However, it does have its own charm and fits in with the rest of Sequim having a more older feel. 3. Rather than having one set menu for the morning, I think there should be maybe a few different meal items to choose from for breakfast, that way there is something for everyone to enjoy. My husband and I weren't so keen on the menu list for our last morning and ended up going elsewhere for breakfast. I was a bit upset since having a three course breakfast is part of the package. The breakfast on day one was delicious!
Either way, we will be sure to recommend others to visit the LML. I have already suggested this stay to my parents. We stayed in the Creekside Suite, which was a really spacious and comfortable room. It has a 2 sided fireplace, king size pillow top/ foam hybrid type mattress, a huge shower, and a private sitting area on the deck. We are grateful for our time allowed at this peaceful retreat, and really loved how the staff tidied up our room and left us freshly baked lemon and lavender cookies while we were out for the day. Thanks for such a nice getaway!

Heather E
Thank you for your kind response with Trip Advisors. We do appreciate your suggestions. We are continuing to strive to improve our guests experience through comments like yours. Thank you for sharing.
We hope you will come stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Wonderful place. Dwight and his staff are so willing to help. Dwight gave us great ideas of places to see and eat. The breakfast is delicious and not like any breakfast you get at other hotels.. I usually don't like B&B's because the bath rooms are down the hall. But all the rooms have bathrooms and king size beds. Beautiful big rooms. If you want a great getaway, this is the place to go. First class.

Debbie B
Thank you for taking the time to do a Trip Advisor response. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Lost Mountain Lodge Bed & Breakfast and so hope you will return in the future.
Thanks again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

What an amazing bed and breakfast. Everything was better than advertised. From the warm welcome greeting from Kathy to the beautiful home and gorgeous room I realized this was going to be a special weekend. We felt right at home! Dwight was so helpful and oh my goodness the breakfasts that Patricia cooked were so scrumptious! We were certainly spoilt! I loved all the extra touches like helping yourself to water, fruit, granola bars etc. whenever you felt like it. It felt so homely. We really just needed a place to relax and unwind and this was the right place! We stayed in the moonbeam room and we loved it! Thank you lost mountain resort - we hope to come back again. You will not be disappointed with this hidden gem. Thank you for opening up your beautiful home. We miss it and wish we were back there! We can't praise this place enough! Loved, loved, loved it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Heather R
We appreciate your kind comments and do hope you will return and stay with us again.
Take care

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have no words to describe our stay at Lost Mountain Lodge. It was our 30th anniversary and my husband never stayed at a B & B. Now he will never stay anywhere else. Kathy gave us so much info on the area and maps to everywhere we didn't even think about, we arrived late and the poor lady waited till we got there, she even called to make sure we were OK driving (my husband was in an antique shop!). Patricia is the best cook (REALLY) and so accommodating to special needs (I don't like onions) and always had a pleasant surprise for breakfast (I looked forward to breakfast everyday). And Dwight who just got married, congratulations again, was the nicest guy ever, we felt like family when we left after our 4 night stay. The Lodge and grounds are beautiful and very well tended.

The pond had a pair of ducks with their babies, we would watch them out our window. It was the most peaceful place we have ever stayed and we travel a lot, cruise every year to Alaska, and this experience beat the cruises by far.

We stayed at the Hideaway on Quail Lake on the property, and I would stay there again. I felt like I was staying at a 5 star resort without the people and noise. Absolutely gorgeous. If you want to be pampered without the hustle and bustle of a hotel, this is the place to be. Upscale B & B! We love the folks there and can't wait till we see them again next year. I miss them so much already!

Room Tip: The Hideaway on Quail Lake was absolutely the best for us, separate from the main lodge with a small...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dmaikui1

We are so glad that you had a very relaxing vacation while at the lodge. The entire staff enjoyed your company as well. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Till then take care.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great place to enjoy the area! Out of the way in beautiful surroundings, but close enough to attractions to enjoy! Great service, food, and hospitality! Quiet and serene surroundings! Guest house was beautiful and spacious! Hope to return to enjoy the hot tub under a moonlit sky! Cant remember all the names, but Dwight, Kathy, and Patricia, and other staff treat you like royalty! Breakfast was delicious and plentiful! Five star rating from us!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind response. I have shared your comments with our staff. We hope you will return again and enjoy all the amenities and serene surroundings on our 10 acres.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here about a year ago for his birthday. The B&B was quiet, beautiful and the service was outstanding. Dwight, the owner of Lost Mountain was incredibly helpful. When we checked in, Dwight gave us a run down of different activities that we could do in the area that we had NO idea even existed. His information and help made this one of the best experiences we've had. They were more than accommodating and provided us with everything we needed for a peaceful and romantic weekend getaway. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Lost Mountain Lodge.
We look forward to you staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Olympic Lodge
Juan de Fuca Cottages
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#6 of 10 in Sequim

Been to Lost Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!