“The Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 10 Sequim B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“The Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at Lost Mountain Lodge and had a very relaxing visit. The room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was outstanding. Grace made the breakfast look as beautiful as it was delicious. The breakfasts should not be missed. Dwight is very personable and was very helpful in planning day trips. We only stayed 2 nights we wished we could have stayed longer. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hpp123456

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Lost Mountain Lodge for six nights at the end of August. It is a beautiful, quiet and romantic place. It is perfect for escaping reality and relaxing. The grounds of the property are pretty and very well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It is in a great location for visiting Olympic National Park, gambling, and it is also right near the quaint downtown of Sequim. Sequim offers a nice selection of restaurants for dinner after a long day exploring the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: The hideaway suite is GORGEOUS!!!! Prettier than the picture!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LawdogNewYork
Marianna, Arkansas
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We checked in here on 08/28/11 for a four night stay. Our accommodation was half of a duplex unit away from the main house. The setting was very nice with our bedroom overlooking a pond in which was a large spray fountain.

Our unit consisted of a small kitchen containing a refrigerator, microwave, sink, dishwasher and breakfast table. There was no stove or oven. The small freezer unit in the fridge had not been defrosted (ever) and was choked with ice to the point that it was useless.

The rest of the unit held a huge bedroom with king bed and gas log fireplace, and small room for luggage and a large bath two sinks, a shower and a whirlpool tub. The only problem here was that the hair dryer would not work. It kept popping its built in GFI.

We did not avail ourselves of the available breakfasts as we thought they were expensive and we found our breakfasts during our morning trips in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we had the priviledge of staying in Lost Mountain Lodge in Sept 2011. It was the best b and b we've ever been to. Beautiful setting, lovely property, extraordinarily comfortable setting. The rooms and decoration are beautiful with two true museum pieces in the main home. Extremely romantic with lovely hot tub on the porch. The food in the morning was beyond belief with fabulous and unique food, perfectly executed and complete with fresh latte. The orientation to the facility and the unique area of Sequim and environs was complete and clear. Dwight, Grace and Carianne were pleasant, extremely helpful but respectfully discrete. I highly recommend this b and b to anyone traveling to this interesting unique area of the country.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Delightful stay. Luxurious room with gourmet breakfasts. We and other guests felt pampered. A couple leaving on an early ferry for a day jaunt was provided a take along breakfast of muffins, fruit and coffee and teas. We appreciated the scenic gardens for lounging, strolling and even sunning. Host Dwight Hostvedt greeted us on arrival and gave knowledgeable advice about local attractions, hiking routes, and eateries.

Room Tip: Lost Mountain Lodge has a variety of different rooms. Ask host Dwight Hostvedt and he will help you...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy H
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I treated my Mom to a stay in this B&B for her birthday. We really enjoyed our stay. Everything about the lodge put us at ease- from the peaceful wooded setting, to the calming music playing in the main area, and the snacks and wine served to us on the porch when we arrived. The attention to detail and consideration for guests was fantastic. My Mom left her bathing suit in our room when we checked out. The staff found it and emailed us right away, before she even noticed it was missing, offering to mail it to us. When we arrived home, the package was already there waiting.

I’ve stayed in a number of B&Bs, and I’ve started to categorize them into two groups: those that feel like a homey, small hotel and those where I feel like I’m staying in someone else’s home. I find that I love the former but can never really relax in the latter. I put Lost Mountain Lodge in the homey, hotel category. The owners don’t live on site and are helpful but not intrusive. The décor is simple and beautiful, not cluttered with a bunch of unnecessary belongings. I felt really comfortable, like the lodge was my own home.

The B&B is immaculately clean and the décor has sort of a coastal feel to it. Breakfast was so delicious and filling, even when we spent long days hiking, we didn’t really need a big lunch. I really enjoyed my stay, and I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sfran_adventurer
Seattle
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The lodge seems large, and yet has a very intimate setting room. The centerpiece is a large fireplace. I would consider a mid-winter stay, just to see the country-side, then relax by the fire. An extra special aspect of our experience were the amazing breakfasts served by 2 wonderful women, "Grace", and "Carrie-Ann". They brought us incredible food with a lovely countenance, as we enjoyed our meals in a well lit setting area that was very, very comfortable.

The host, Dwight, reminded me of an english gentleman farmer - without the accent! He truly wanted to know how to make our stay more comfortable. All this occurred in an unhurried manner consistent with a country stay.

As a corporate expense, the value received was higher than expected. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Olympic Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Greenhouse Inn by the Bay
Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Juan de Fuca Cottages

Been to Lost Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!